Rak's rings will look nice at Alumni functions | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rak's rings will look nice at Alumni functions

I'll say this after reading what folks on a Cavs message board are saying about Rak: they don't deserve him. Saying he won't even make it out of summer league, he's slow, has no quickness, isn't explosive, has no heart and looks lazy.

Are they on crack? Or just grossly misinformed? Or both?

None of it is true, but the same things were said about him before this season. His demeanor on the court doesn't show what he does. Even with the amount of work he puts in, he never looks tired and has the same look on him as he did before the game started. I think when they see him play in the summer league their eyes will open like a lot of people around here did after his first few awesome games.

I think Rak will be fine, if he doesn't catch on with the Cavs, I do believe he will somewhere. I really hope he does, because he probably had the best season from a 5 we've seen in a couple of decades.

None of it is true, but the same things were said about him before this season. His demeanor on the court doesn't show what he does. Even with the amount of work he puts in, he never looks tired and has the same look on him as he did before the game started. I think when they see him play in the summer league their eyes will open like a lot of people around here did after his first few awesome games.

I think Rak will be fine, if he doesn't catch on with the Cavs, I do believe he will somewhere. I really hope he does, because he probably had the best season from a 5 we've seen in a couple of decades.

This is an excellent point. We had fans here on this forum saying he wasn't a high effort guy his first couple of seasons. He plays with either a stoic expression or a grimace in general. His running while elite speed wise for a guy his size simply looks effortless. We've watched him outrace the other teams big guys down the court for years but he generally looks like he's jogging briskly. Also I agree with the point about his conditioning. Its so good he doesn't look winded like other guys even when he plays 40 minutes and carries the load for us. Cavs fans are getting these impressions from a glance rather than an indepth look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom