Ranking Syracuse football’s 2016 uniform combinations | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ranking Syracuse football’s 2016 uniform combinations

Its simple, it seemed as though the orange /blue/orange would be our home unis. these are sweet. OR all white OR the pitt unis. THATS IT!!!

Doesn't it say LOCK THE GATE on the inside of the collars?

So, you want us to be called the Orangemen, yet wear all white unis? ;)
nah, i was only allowed to vote on the choices for the last year. my favorite unis were from the little and czonka era were the orange pants and white jerseys that we wore at HOME in that time. however i am a creature of the past.
i get it that many want the new wave robocop look, but there is no tradition in that for me. i just wish they would settle on a couple instead of the victoria secret fashion show every week---no one knows who we are---
while we are at it our unis would look good if we had syracuse printed or scripted on the front of the jerseys, like the browns have cleveland on theirs---looks good

Ok, we are the Syracuse ORANGE...we should wear Orange whether we are home or away. I don't give a crap if Clemson, VT, Virginia have orange in their scheme. We are Syracuse Orange and we should wear orange all the time. No white helmets, no gray shirts, no colors other then Orange and Blue and that means ORANGE helmets all the time! Screw Clemson's orange helmets or any other team colors! Just wear what we are!!!! The Syracuse Orangemen !!!!!
i have not bought anything that says syracuse orange. so i have saved a lot of money. i do have my collection of orangemen stuff and have bought somethings that simply syracuse . did pick up a couple of saltine warrior and syracuse orangemen iron on patches from ebay about a month ago. the wife sewed them on a couple of my shirts.

Other than Scott Shafer saying that the kids like the non-orange look, where do we have evidence of that?
Secondly, if "the kids" don't like wearing orange uniforms, why do they want to be Syracuse Orangemen in the first place?
If they want to wear red, let them be Scarlet Knights.
If they want to wear green, let them be the Green Wave.
If they want to wear blue, let them be Blue Devils.
If they want to wear black, let them petition their congressman to appoint them to be Black Knights.
Etc, etc, etc.

If recruiting is all about uniforms, why do teams with traditional unis like Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, and USC get all the best recruits?

This argument makes no sense to me. It seems to be a way in which to rationalized our godawful costumes forced upon us by Nike.

Back to the 90s next year. The kids will like the retro like those NES NINTENDO systems. Hot hot hot!!!!

i have not bought anything that says syracuse orange. so i have saved a lot of money. i do have my collection of orangemen stuff and have bought somethings that simply syracuse . did pick up a couple of saltine warrior and syracuse orangemen iron on patches from ebay about a month ago. the wife sewed them on a couple of my shirts.
You are the man! It is pretty sad that we are no longer the Orangemen. Seems the change to just Orange was the beginning of the downward spiral of the football program.

nah, i was only allowed to vote on the choices for the last year. my favorite unis were from the little and czonka era were the orange pants and white jerseys that we wore at HOME in that time. however i am a creature of the past.
i get it that many want the new wave robocop look, but there is no tradition in that for me. i just wish they would settle on a couple instead of the victoria secret fashion show every week---no one knows who we are---
while we are at it our unis would look good if we had syracuse printed or scripted on the front of the jerseys, like the browns have cleveland on theirs---looks good
Use to love the scripted "Syracuse" on the front of the basketball jersey. That was sweet looking.

If recruiting is all about uniforms, why do teams with traditional unis like Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, and USC get all the best recruits?

This argument makes no sense to me. It seems to be a way in which to rationalized our godawful costumes forced upon us by Nike.
Those programs don't need to have uniforms to differentiate themselves because of who they are. We need to wear modern jerseys and show up on Twitter accounts like "Uniswag" because it improves a brand that can't rely on winning as a selling point to 15-18 year old kids. As much as I dislike some of the combos and the lack of piping around the numbers, the all white jerseys, all orange jerseys, and more traditional color combos look really good and are well-received nationally.

It also drives me crazy when people complain about Nike. A few years ago during the NCAA tournament Adidas created jerseys for all their schools and those who were supposed to be red were more of a neon orange color (specifically Cincy and Louisville). They also helped produce those metallic red helmets that Louisville wore this year that looked magenta when light hit them. They make terrible jerseys and their fan apparel is far worse then Nike's. I don't hate UA as much as an option for football but we're so entrenched as a Nike Elite basketball brand that I can't see us leaving that partnership.

I agree that some of the combinations leave a bit to be desired and the numbers can be tough to read, but we don't look nearly as ridiculous as some of our fans claim we do.

Did anyone else like the orange helmet white jersey and blue pant? I thought that was sharp and really unique. Nothing else like it in cfb that i am aware of.

Go back to the same uni's when FHCDM was here and add a large CUSE to front of jersey. Maybe even bring in an orange jersey but I can honestly say...I do not like the current uni's.

I like the all orange as the standard. :noidea:

All orange, white jersey for away. Or all white.

Traditional look for homecoming.

Those programs don't need to have uniforms to differentiate themselves because of who they are. We need to wear modern jerseys and show up on Twitter accounts like "Uniswag" because it improves a brand that can't rely on winning as a selling point to 15-18 year old kids. As much as I dislike some of the combos and the lack of piping around the numbers, the all white jerseys, all orange jerseys, and more traditional color combos look really good and are well-received nationally.

It also drives me crazy when people complain about Nike. A few years ago during the NCAA tournament Adidas created jerseys for all their schools and those who were supposed to be red were more of a neon orange color (specifically Cincy and Louisville). They also helped produce those metallic red helmets that Louisville wore this year that looked magenta when light hit them. They make terrible jerseys and their fan apparel is far worse then Nike's. I don't hate UA as much as an option for football but we're so entrenched as a Nike Elite basketball brand that I can't see us leaving that partnership.

I agree that some of the combinations leave a bit to be desired and the numbers can be tough to read, but we don't look nearly as ridiculous as some of our fans claim we do.

If what you say is true then why are we not getting better recruits?

Our uniforms are awful.

This coming from someone who likes all the trendy stuff teams like Oregon and Maryland do.

Ours are the Walmart knockoffs of those.

If what you say is true then why are we not getting better recruits?
You're thinking about this the wrong way.

We'd be getting worse recruits if we weren't doing it this way.

I think most people on here would feel a lot better about our inform situation if two things happened:

1. We dump the grey
2. We put some friggin' white piping around the numbers

Our uniforms are awful.

This coming from someone who likes all the trendy stuff teams like Oregon and Maryland do.

Ours are the Walmart knockoffs of those.
I was able to stomach them the first year just because they were different. I just don't like them. Never liked the numbers. I think most would settle for FHCDM era but with a new school flavor to it. That would be ideal and have an all white and orange version with it. Thats allows the multiple combo's look that recruits love to see.

I think most people on here would feel a lot better about our inform situation if two things happened:

1. We dump the grey
2. We put some friggin' white piping around the numbers
3. We stick with Orange, blue, Orange at home, and orange, white, Orange on the road. No more white or blue helmets! No more throw everything on the floor and see what you pick up combos! Ugh
4. All Orange now and again

I think everyone will enjoy the Syracuse football uniforms next year.

... :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom