Class of 2014 - RB Erv Phillips (CT) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Erv Phillips (CT)

What do you mean becoming, Cuselegacy is the board twitter guru already!!!! Thank you for all you do in bringing the tweets to us.
Without her I'd be lost...hell, I have trouble with plain old English.

Not Erv. Sounds like he's farther away from a decision then everyone thought. I wonder if the coaches move on?

Or if the staff has him on hold, waiting on a few others?

Not Erv. Sounds like he's farther away from a decision then everyone thought. I wonder if the coaches asked him to wait?

he wants to make other visits before committing. could be a while

Maybe he's a little lower in the pecking order of backs.

from what i have read he's up there. Domer is a little lower.

i still don't know how he doesn't have a uconn offer?

He just twittered he has another offer coming. I thought this kid was a slam dunk. AJ long has been all over him, makes me nervous hes still waiting to committ with us as his only major offer

He just twittered he has another offer coming. I thought this kid was a slam dunk. AJ long has been all over him, makes me nervous hes still waiting to committ with us as his only major offer

I see that he is at a team camp...maybe it's UConn. If he doesn't commit so be it. There is always another candidate in waiting.

Do recruits not look at rosters? We haven't had a rb commit in 2 years. 2 perhaps 3 (depending on Jerome ) graduating this year. You would think they would be falling over themselves to get on board since the opportunity is there.

Do recruits not look at rosters? We haven't had a rb commit in 2 years. 2 perhaps 3 (depending on Jerome ) graduating this year. You would think they would be falling over themselves to get on board since the opportunity is there.

I really don't think they do.

I see that he is at a team camp...maybe it's UConn. If he doesn't commit so be it. There is always another candidate in waiting.

Uconn was my assumption too.

On twitter Erv said he is visiting Temple and Nova tomorrow . I can understand if you want to check out other bcs schools but if this kid is taking the fcs world tour I would want us to start taking going hard after some other prospects at the position

On twitter Erv said he is visiting Temple and Nova tomorrow . I can understand if you want to check out other bcs schools but if this kid is taking the fcs world tour I would want us to start taking going hard after some other prospects at the position

i've thought his reported offer might be a verbal offer contingent on grades and such. I don't believe the west haven area is very strong academically to say the least and I think we've had some issues with kids before from the new haven area.

i've thought his reported offer might be a verbal offer contingent on grades and such. I don't believe the west haven area is very strong academically to say the least and I think we've had some issues with kids before from the new haven area.

Would explain perceived lack of interest from other NE schools

Very well could be but from everything I read we were hoping for a verbal during his visit and is one of the top RB targets on our board. I believe he also visited ODU

Maybe we want to wait and see what Ish Witter does before bringing Erv on. That's my guess.

If Nova is seriously interested, he doesn't have grade problems. They're not going after academically marginal kids.

If Nova is seriously interested, he doesn't have grade problems. They're not going after academically marginal kids.

Maybe maybe not. I don't know who Nova will accept to play football. I visited schools to play lacrosse I couldn't get in to. So he could be visiting for the hell of it. His Dad lives in Philly I believe.

Actually what he said was...

Erv Philips@Ambition1_ 4h
Going Up To Philly Tomorrow Visiting Temple & Possibly Villanova

Someone could have suggested that while he was visiting Temple he might check out Nova. Doesn't mean he's interested. Besides these kids will go where they feel they fit in. People go to school or pick jobs where the environment matches their comfort levels.

I think that Phillips is ultimately coming to Syracuse but I still favor Ollison.:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom