Class of 2014 - RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered

I became a fan of Syracuse when I got accepted in '09. I think of them as a football rival and hate them more than any other program. I know historically they don't hold a candle to us, but for the past 5 years there is no program I've loathed, and been happier that we've beaten, then Rutgers. Perception is reality
That's your perception. Mine is completely different. Of course, I have a 40 year window as a fan compared to the peephole you are peering through. I agree with the above poster about a recruiting rival but nothing else. And yes, I also loathe their fans. Rivalries are not built in a five year period when one team is down...

http://tbo.com/sports/preps/efficiency-not-size-defines-alonsox2019s-witter-20130829/

According to this article some of the bigger name schools have backed off him because of his size 5'8.

"The universities of Syracuse, Missouri, Indiana and Rutgers agree and have offered Witter scholarships. Some other big-name schools have shown interest, but they seem to have backed off because of his size"

He is still retweeting tweets from the twitter army.

Door is closing at the CUSE for Ish. Glad to see Phillips here. We will be fine. I know many of us are disappointed in game 1, but reality had to set in, and we still had a great chance at the end.

http://tbo.com/sports/preps/efficiency-not-size-defines-alonsox2019s-witter-20130829/

According to this article some of the bigger name schools have backed off him because of his size 5'8.

"The universities of Syracuse, Missouri, Indiana and Rutgers agree and have offered Witter scholarships. Some other big-name schools have shown interest, but they seem to have backed off because of his size"

He is still retweeting tweets from the twitter army.

Smaller, quicker low center of gravity change of pace backs who can also catch short passes can be extremely effective on the college level - I like it when you have at least one or two on the roster. Opposing teams can lose sight of these short players for split seconds giving them an edge.

Seems like if we go for a 2nd RBI in the class we would get someone other than Ish who sees to be like Erv.

Door is closing at the CUSE for Ish. Glad to see Phillips here. We will be fine. I know many of us are disappointed in game 1, but reality had to set in, and we still had a great chance at the end.

Huh? We're absolutely trying to land two RBs in this class if not 3...

some here read very limited threads and listens to statements by the staff

Seems like if we go for a 2nd RBI in the class we would get someone other than Ish who sees to be like Erv.
Ish isn't like Erv at all. I think Ish is much more of an every down back, while Erv is more of an H-Back

Didn't say it was closed, but closing. Last I looked, we have 2 solid RBs, so that door which was wide open is in closing mode.

Didn't say it was closed, but closing. Last I looked, we have 2 solid RBs, so that door which was wide open is in closing mode.

We only have one RB committed at this time. Nas Howard will play Def. - it has been stated many times here since his committal and he has said it in interviews.

We only have one RB committed at this time. Nas Howard will play Def. - it has been stated many times here since his committal and he has said it in interviews.

And Erv is coming in as h back/slot wr. I still think we take 2 rb's.

Haven't kept up with the Nas Howard thread as it was pretty negative out of the gate, so honestly just read this. Thought the thread was way out of line and din't deserve my time in reading with all that was being said about the young man.

I think so. We're likely losing 2 RB's this year and didn't bring any in last year after Edwards flipped.

i think it depends. We would take Witter and Ollison if they both wanted to commit, but looks like Ollison is a lost cause. If it's just Witter I don't think we will reach for another, and settle with Witter and Phillips.

i think it depends. We would take Witter and Ollison if they both wanted to commit, but looks like Ollison is a lost cause. If it's just Witter I don't think we will reach for another, and settle with Witter and Phillips.

I'm curious to see if we land one of the GA boys. Seems like weve offered half a dozen RB's from GA.

I'm curious to see if we land one of the GA boys. Seems like weve offered half a dozen RB's from GA.

I believe Boyd has wanted to commit for a while, but were waiting on Ish. At least that's what he said a month or so ago

I believe Boyd has wanted to commit for a while, but were waiting on Ish. At least that's what he said a month or so ago

Aside from linemen I'm not sure what else we need. I know defense is way ahead of offense recruiting wise but no idea how many we'll take on both sides.

We have 2 solid prospects returning at RB after this year but unless we move Broyld to RB once again our numbers will be thin.

Agreed, hope we don't start to dwindle out in the firtile ground down south.

Agreed, hope we don't start to dwindle out in the firtile ground down south.

If we do it won't be due to lack of effort ... I can assure you of that.