RB Jarveon Howard transferring to Alcorn St | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

RB Jarveon Howard transferring to Alcorn St

I watched Dino's presser after Rutgers on YouTube and there was a comment from Jarveon's father saying something to the effect of 'Play Jarveon!'. Lol

Josh is a beast and I didnt realize how actually deep we are, until now remembering he was in line also… man we are deep at rb
Unlikely Josh will be available any time soon or maybe this year.

This, ^ and this. ^

Barring injury, he was looking at RB2 (at best) for next year, after minimal run this year, and ZERO last year.
As a guy who clearly has aspirations beyond college football, he was never gonna get there if he remains here.

(and yes, he may never actually get there, but at least if he's getting carries someplace next year, he's got some semblance of a chance.)

He was the #2 guy:

...until his reaction to Shrader 'stealing his touchdown'.

Putting this thread together, i think because of his favorable academic situation, he probably planned to stay and eventually succeed Tucker, assuming that Sean would jump to the pros. But things soured so badly that he made the decision to leave and left now because of his anger and because of the redshirt rule.

I liked Jarveon. Am a fan and think he's a good player. But he's behind Tucker who is getting A LOT of carries and the carries he doesn't get are probably going to Adams. So i understand.

He was the #2 guy:

...until his reaction to Shrader 'stealing his touchdown'.

Putting this thread together, i think because of his favorable academic situation, he probably planned to stay and eventually succeed Tucker, assuming that Sean would jump to the pros. But things soured so badly that he made the decision to leave and left now because of his anger and because of the redshirt rule.
Tucker wouldn't be able to jump to the pros until after next season though as you have to be 3 years out of high school.

I watched Dino's presser after Rutgers on YouTube and there was a comment from Jarveon's father saying something to the effect of 'Play Jarveon!'. Lol
fwiw, dad has apparently been vocal on social media platforms for awhile now, as per the local radio guys

I think about his reaction to not getting the ball on the goal line against Albany. Have to think that simmered over the week with Babers
My thought as well.

I’m fine with Babers not playing guys that act out. Anyone else notice that Taj has been chill the last couple of games. Even gave Shrader a thumbs up when Shrader under threw a ball to him.

Last edited:
It's his own fault. Opting out and then acting out (against Shrader) don't bode well for good locker room banter. I wish him well. Also, it makes the decision to use Adams as the primary back-up that much easier and should secure his renewed interest in working hard through the rest of the year.

If he leaves after only playing 3-4 games, he can take 2021 as a redshirt year and maintain eligibility for 2022 and 2023.

If he plays anymore this season, he loses the 4 game redshirt.

I take it he's seen snaps on specials in all 4 games?

Looks like he's only logged rushing/receiving stats in the Ohio/Albany games.

My thought as well.

I’m fine with Babers not playing guys that act out. Anyone else notice that Taj has been chill the last couple of games. Even game Shrader a thumbs up and Shrader under threw a ball to him.

I saw that, it almost looked like he wanted to say something, looked at the sideline and gave a thumbs up. I could have read that wrong but that’s what I remember seeing. If true and with Howard leaving, I wonder if the coaching staff came down on players gestures/attitude toward teammates.

I saw that, it almost looked like he wanted to say something, looked at the sideline and gave a thumbs up. I could have read that wrong but that’s what I remember seeing. If true and with Howard leaving, I wonder if the coaching staff came down on players gestures/attitude toward teammates.
Yes that’s how I read it as well. I think it’s good if Dino came down on players gestures.

It’s not like Shrader didn’t score and we lost the game. I don’t know that I’ve seen a rb act like that after we actually scored.

Yes that’s how I read it as well. I think it’s good if Dino came down on players gestures.

It’s not like Shrader didn’t score and we lost the game. I don’t know that I’ve seen a rb act like that after we actually scored.
I hated it. Most clownish reaction I’ve seen a player have here. Mad because his teammate scored the TD instead of him. SMH. I’d expect better from pop Warner kids.

I hated it. Most clownish reaction I’ve seen a player have here. Mad because his teammate scored the TD instead of him. SMH. I’d expect better from pop Warner kids.

Coach on a pop Warner team would have come out on the field and ripped the player a new one, all the way back to the bench. Then it wouldn’t have happened again by anyone. Things like that are like an open door. If you let it happens it leaves the door open that it’s okay. You either slam that door closed or you keep it open for other issues later.

Feels like things were taken care of before Liberty. I thought DB looked really intense Friday compared to normal. Like he was going to rip someone’s head off. I liked it.

4th string running back. Upper classman. Folks worked up about this probably dig the Chaz Owens threads on the Hoops board.
Well we did have to play a converter db at tailback last year and already lost JJ before the season to portal and then Hough to injury. If another RB gets injured that leaves us with two…

Look, I think Howard has been a productive player during his time as an Orangeman. I'd rather not see him transfer. I think depth is important. But it appears his mind is made up. He wasn't playing meaningful downs. I would assume Pena is the emergency back if something happens to all three of Tucker, Adams, and Lutz, and Hough isn't back yet.

We are certainly living in a different time.

Although I see why he may have made this decision now (traveling to FSU and playing on special team would kill his RS year), I have a hard time with the I’m gonna pack my bags a leave if things don’t go my way mentality. However, as I said, we are living in a different time.

In life many thing will not go your way. One of the best things we can teach our young people is to develop coping skills for when things don’t go as expected.

Whenever I see a student-athlete transfer from a school I wonder how the move will affect their academics. JH is beginning his fourth year at SU. These guys go to summer school every summer. Is he on track to graduate at the end of this semester? JH has been an honor roll student while at SU. If not, I hope he is considering his academics and not just football when making this decision.
He graduated last spring. This is about football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom