RB Jarveon Howard transferring to Alcorn St | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

RB Jarveon Howard transferring to Alcorn St

It’s not hard to wish any person well in life. 18-22 year olds will make bad decisions and learn from it. Just like we did. He had reasons to opt out. I am actually surprised he came back. He didn’t have to. Some of us take this fan stuff too personal. We watch a team that he plays for.
This ^^^^ Pretty sure every one on this board has made some bad decisions when younger. No one is saying let's throw a party for him and follow and root for him weekly. Just wishem well and move on. If you think mistakes were made then again wish him well and hopefully he learns from it but Money is indicated he had reasons. Either way...moving on.

Alcon has a couple of dudes carrying the rock this year. Jarveon is a bull, but all he is guaranteed is a chance to compete. He may not walk right in and be anointed RB1 with 20 totes a game. I wish him well.

I said that to put it in persecutive.We don’t have to be angry. Especially if we don’t know all the details. Howard’s actions have no direct effect on my life.
Agreed. There are some guys that just rub me the wrong way. For the most part Howard is not one of them. I'm sorry to see him go. I'll probably check on how he's doing now and then.

Great story, you really never know what's going on in a kid's life. And it's one of the things I always think about with recruits from far away, family isn't always that easy to leave behind. Especially if tragedy strikes.

Good on Dino, encouraging him to come back and get his degree.

Yep. Unlike many insinuated in the past, Jarveon did not “bail”

I wish him absolutely nothing but success. There’s different sides to the story on his opt out and the sideline hysteria after Shrader ran in the TD.

Huh?

looks like exactly the same guy hitting on the same a-gap runs.

We used him as a power back, especially in goal line situations. I don't recall him ripping off long scoring runs like the ones in the clip.

We used him as a power back, especially in goal line situations. I don't recall him ripping off long scoring runs like the ones in the clip.

I remember him ripping off a few as a freshman. He didn’t always have the breakaway speed to go all the way, but I remember him busting into the open field quite a few times.

Will always root for him. Loved him in 2018. Thought Jordan Frederick then jarveon both should’ve been Cuse legends

I remember him ripping off a few as a freshman. He didn’t always have the breakaway speed to go all the way, but I remember him busting into the open field quite a few times.

That's what I remember. As a freshman, he scored twice in a game where he gained 18 yards, twice in a game where he gained 12 yards and once in two games where he gained 4 yards. He did score when he ran for 71 yards against Louisville. That was on a 1 yard run:

In 2019 he scored when he gained 32 yards against Liberty, (another one yarder), and 33 against Louisville, (a 16 yarder). His best game was against Duke, when he ran for 115 yards in 9 carries and scored once, on a 28 yarder, his longest scoring run for the 'Cuse:

He had a couple long runs. I think one of his early runs as a freshman was a long one. I think he may have been caught from behind just before the goal line.

Edit: in 2018 he had a 45 yd run against FSU he didn't score on and a 53 yarder against UConn he didn't score on.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom