RB Jarveon Howard transferring to Alcorn St | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

RB Jarveon Howard transferring to Alcorn St

I honestly thought Jarveon would be a top 5 all time back here. It seemed like we never used him correctly.
Top 5 is TOUGH when you consider Brown, Davis, Floyd, and Morris are locking down 4 spots, and Czonka has the other one if we’re including fullbacks? If not, he’s gotta top Reyes and Mungro….and Tucker. Edit: I forgot Delone Carter.

Last edited:
Top 5 is TOUGH when you consider Brown, Davis, Floyd, and Morris are locking down 4 spots, and Czonka has the other one if we’re including fullbacks? If not, he’s gotta top Reyes and Mungro….and Tucker.
Fair point. This was my thoughts after seeing his high school videos and his early on abilities with us. Clearly lofty expectations. Top 5 is almost unattainable ever again in reality.

He had a couple long runs. I think one of his early runs as a freshman was a long one. I think he may have been caught from behind just before the goal line.

Edit: in 2018 he had a 45 yd run against FSU he didn't score on and a 53 yarder against UConn he didn't score on.

Yeah, and one of those long runs, he got caught and then fumbled and lost the ball.

I’ll never forget the run against FSU where he planted his foot and made the defender whiff -
Dude just had to tip his hat to Jarveon, it was a filthy cut.

We used him as a power back, especially in goal line situations. I don't recall him ripping off long scoring runs like the ones in the clip.

That’s because he got caught from behind on his long runs. Not because he was slower at Syracuse but because the ACC defenders are much faster.

Big guy with good feet. It’s too bad he’s not here - if Tucker gets hurt we’re screwed.
I wonder if the people that were saying good riddance because Price and Allen were better, still think that?

I wonder if the people that were saying good riddance because Price and Allen were better, still think that?
That never made sense to me. I like those guys, but Howard, in my opinion, is a far better back than price. Allen I don't know, but to dismiss a guy with college proven ability to get tough yards is silly.

That never made sense to me. I like those guys, but Howard, in my opinion, is a far better back than price. Allen I don't know, but to dismiss a guy with college proven ability to get tough yards is silly.
He showed me enough as a freshman for me to think he was legit. I didn't hold 2019 against any of the RBs with how dysfunctional the offense, and especially the oline, was. I was sad to see him go.

Always a big fan of Jarveon so very happy to see him excelling. The stars didn’t align for him here. If Tuck came a few years earlier or later things might have been diff

Yeah, we're very young behind Sean and have only two scholarship guys there. Sean's already been on the turf twice in 5 games with 7 to go. The J's would have made a huge difference. I hope Allen and Price get the chance to show us something today.

I think people saying good riddance were saying that because Jarveon left the team and because of that unfortunate little TD tantrum he had.
His numbers now are mainly against FCS competition and Price and Allen haven’t really played yet for SU so it’s hard to have an informed opinion on the latter two.

Just to point out, but not to diss Jarveon, his numbers were way off when Alcorn played Tulane, 8 carries for 10 yards.
I do think Jarveon has a decent shot of making the NFL when done.

Sean-Jarveon-Jawhar was a lot of RB talent to have at one time that we never got a chance to see gel together.
I'm not sure Jawhar doesn't regret leaving a little. His IG story yesterday was a picture of him standing alone, before a kickoff. The opposing team in the pic that was huddled up? Cuse. And there was a filter on it that gave it a "somber" effect. Would've been nice to have them all.

I think people saying good riddance were saying that because Jarveon left the team and because of that unfortunate little TD tantrum he had.
His numbers now are mainly against FCS competition and Price and Allen haven’t really played yet for SU so it’s hard to have an informed opinion on the latter two.

Just to point out, but not to diss Jarveon, his numbers were way off when Alcorn played Tulane, 8 carries for 10 yards.
I do think Jarveon has a decent shot of making the NFL when done.
I agree. I just never understood the takes that some had that it was clear Price and Allen were going to be upgrades over JH.

I agree. I just never understood the takes that some had that it was clear Price and Allen were going to be upgrades over JH.
Yeah, that makes no sense, sounds like sour grapes.

Did he have that many fumbles at SU? I remember maybe 3 over the career. I know Markenzy had fumbling issues

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom