RB Jarveon Howard transferring to Alcorn St | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

RB Jarveon Howard transferring to Alcorn St

Huh?

looks like exactly the same guy hitting on the same a-gap runs.

We used him as a power back, especially in goal line situations. I don't recall him ripping off long scoring runs like the ones in the clip.

We used him as a power back, especially in goal line situations. I don't recall him ripping off long scoring runs like the ones in the clip.

I remember him ripping off a few as a freshman. He didn’t always have the breakaway speed to go all the way, but I remember him busting into the open field quite a few times.

Will always root for him. Loved him in 2018. Thought Jordan Frederick then jarveon both should’ve been Cuse legends

I remember him ripping off a few as a freshman. He didn’t always have the breakaway speed to go all the way, but I remember him busting into the open field quite a few times.

That's what I remember. As a freshman, he scored twice in a game where he gained 18 yards, twice in a game where he gained 12 yards and once in two games where he gained 4 yards. He did score when he ran for 71 yards against Louisville. That was on a 1 yard run:

In 2019 he scored when he gained 32 yards against Liberty, (another one yarder), and 33 against Louisville, (a 16 yarder). His best game was against Duke, when he ran for 115 yards in 9 carries and scored once, on a 28 yarder, his longest scoring run for the 'Cuse:

He had a couple long runs. I think one of his early runs as a freshman was a long one. I think he may have been caught from behind just before the goal line.

Edit: in 2018 he had a 45 yd run against FSU he didn't score on and a 53 yarder against UConn he didn't score on.

Last edited:
I honestly thought Jarveon would be a top 5 all time back here. It seemed like we never used him correctly.
Top 5 is TOUGH when you consider Brown, Davis, Floyd, and Morris are locking down 4 spots, and Czonka has the other one if we’re including fullbacks? If not, he’s gotta top Reyes and Mungro….and Tucker. Edit: I forgot Delone Carter.

Last edited:
Top 5 is TOUGH when you consider Brown, Davis, Floyd, and Morris are locking down 4 spots, and Czonka has the other one if we’re including fullbacks? If not, he’s gotta top Reyes and Mungro….and Tucker.
Fair point. This was my thoughts after seeing his high school videos and his early on abilities with us. Clearly lofty expectations. Top 5 is almost unattainable ever again in reality.

He had a couple long runs. I think one of his early runs as a freshman was a long one. I think he may have been caught from behind just before the goal line.

Edit: in 2018 he had a 45 yd run against FSU he didn't score on and a 53 yarder against UConn he didn't score on.

Yeah, and one of those long runs, he got caught and then fumbled and lost the ball.

I’ll never forget the run against FSU where he planted his foot and made the defender whiff -
Dude just had to tip his hat to Jarveon, it was a filthy cut.

That’s because he got caught from behind on his long runs. Not because he was slower at Syracuse but because the ACC defenders are much faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom