RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal

Sure, tantalizing potential. And I sincerely hope he realizes it at the ‘Ville, every other Saturday but ours ofcourse.

But I’ll take the Fr stud who’s realized his potential already alongside the 4th and 5th year players with more production as well. Oh yeah, looks like Lutz can contribute too.

Would’ve loved to have seen more of JJ, but I’m not concerned the least with production.

If i remember correctly, we were a finalist for Hall as well. Now UL’s potential 1-2 backfield may be one that we’re very familiar with.
As long as JJ wasn’t gonna meet his potential, or wasn’t willing to wait here, then it really doesn’t matter where he went. We should be fine with what we have. Good luck to him.

He wasn’t going to play at SU. He knew he had to leave. He’s shown very little to be worried about and will not be a major factor if he ends up at Louisville. I hope he finds success, but I don‘t think SU fans need to lose any sleep over losing him.
He would've played had he been willing to play the swiss army knife role I bet the staff wanted him to. Having him in the slot with Tucker in the backfield would've been great.

Good luck to Jordan. Hopefully things can go the way he wants. Not sure I am clear why some of you are upset. Who cares where he goes? Chillax. If he wants to prove something to himself, let him. I love our RB room with or without him.

If he was set on RB1 and doesn’t have the stuff to beat out the guys ahead of him, and they promised it and he believed it...

Yikes.

Good luck to Jordan. Hopefully things can go the way he wants. Not sure I am clear why some of you are upset. Who cares where he goes? Chillax. If he wants to prove something to himself, let him. I love our RB room with or without him.
Jordan was our most explosive back. After him? Adams was lighting up the practice tape. That's why we are upset. Hough, and to a lesser extent, Lutz, Showed they had zone read vision and power, last year. Neither had a step on Jordan or Adams. I like our RB room MUCH more with Jordan.

Jordan was our most explosive back. After him? Adams was lighting up the practice tape. That's why we are upset. Hough, and to a lesser extent, Lutz, Showed they had zone read vision and power, last year. Neither had a step on Jordan or Adams. I like our RB room MUCH more with Jordan.

why no mention of tucker? I think we expect sean will be the feature back

I didn't care where he went until he went to a conference rival. Getting beat out by a conference rival during high school recruiting is disappointing but acceptable. Losing a talented player that was given the opportunity to start prior to his injury and was likely to see the field in a variety of ways via transfer to a conference rival feels like a slap in the face.

Imagine if Matt Roe had transferred to St Johns or Villanova instead of Maryland. And it's possible Jordan could be more impactful in football than Roe in basketball. Imagine if Stevie Thompson transferred to St Johns or Villanova.

Last edited:
Yeah if Tucker was not in the room perhaps I would agree but he is and to be clear Tucker is/ was our best RB hands down. Second, this is a game. Certainly to be enjoyed but not so important a thing that it's worth getting upset about if a kid takes off. Support the team we do have. They are working hard. Good luck to Jordan but moving on.

I didn't care where he went until he went to a conference rival. Getting beat out by a conference rival during high school recruiting is disappointing but acceptable. Losing a talented player that was given the opportunity to start prior to his injury and was likely to see the field in a variety of ways via transfer to a conference feels like a slap in the face.

Imagine if Matt Roe had transferred to St Johns or Villanova instead of Maryland. And it's possible Jordan could be more impactful in football than Roe in basketball. Imagine if Stevie Thompson transferred to St Johns or Villanova.
Yeah I am a season tickets holder and this just doesn't bother me that much. I mean I get that Jordan is fast. The staff had a view of where he should play. Clearly it's not RB, which tells me that they have RBs they prefer more. Sure it would be nice if Jordan stayed and played the slot, just not butthurt he is leaving and to a school we play. That's life... happens. If he makes Dino regret it by being the starting RB carrying 25 times a game then good for him and bad for Dino.

Last edited:
Yeah I am a season tickets holder and this just doesn't bother me that much. I mean I get that Jordan is fast. The staff had a view of where he should play. Clearly it's not RB, which tells me that they have RBs they prefer more. Sure it would be nice if Tucker stayed and played the slot, just not butthurt he is leaving and to a school we play. That's life... happens. If he makes Dino regret it by being the starting RB carrying 25 times a game then good for him and bad for Dino.
I'm not worried about him carrying 25 times a game because Tucker can do that for us, but if he gets us with a kick/punt return or hurts us with a long catch and run, I'll be mad because that's exactly what he could've done for us.

Some people keep saying his departure doesn't hurt because of Tucker. It's as if they forget he was also our starting kick returner and probably the best we had at that.

To be clear, this affects my life very little. But if these types of events don't get you riled up a little with regards to sports, what does?

Last edited:
I'm not worried about him carrying 25 times a game because Rucker can do that for us, but if he gets us with a kick/punt return or hurts us with a long catch and run, I'll be mad because that's exactly what he could've done for us.

Some people keep saying his departure doesn't hurt because of Tucker. It's as if they forget he was also our starting kick returner and probably the best we had at that.

To be clear, this affects my life very little. But if these types of events don't get you riled up a little with regards to sports, what does?
But that is the point, at least as I understood it. Jordan wanted to be the starting feature back for Syracuse. Not the kick returner, not the slot and not some other positions. The Feature back. I am just not going to beat Dino over that decision.
In regards to what gets me riled up. I am more in the moment. 4th qrtr, team down 3 and our starting RB breaks the safety's ankles cutting left, right and takes it for the score. My son then points to a flag on the ground...hold on Syracuse...bring it back. That is what gets me riled. Losing a young man in the off season just doesn't bother me that much. Again good luck to him. He is doing what is best for him. I have no problem with that.

One nitpick... he *could* be a playmaker.

He’s had 44 carries, 7 catches, and 1 touchdown in two seasons.

I may be wrong, but I think he’s had one legitimately big play in his career.
Yes and on that one legitimately big play, he was still caught from behind and didn’t score even with his elite speed.

I haven’t seen tucker get caught from behind yet, just sayin’

As others indicated it sucks losing jawar but he was not going to be rb 1 or 2. Just look at last year. Jawar was not able to do much prior to getting hurt. Yes it was a poor line and he was run up the middle but so was tucker and he was able to do well. Lutz who a number of people seem down on did better. He was able to see the hole and pick up positive yardage on a number of plays with the same bad line.
now we add Howard and hough to the mix. It’s seems jawar may have wanted promises he was going to be rb 1 and Dino will not do that. Maybe Louisville was willing to make that promise.

Best of luck to him.

don’t think it works out there plus we have a lot of talent that was going to be over him.

Tucker currently…..

Hough eventually if he develops the way many think he will….

sad to see him go and wish he would have let Dino move him around a little more but it is what it is

Hough? He hasn’t played a down for us, what are you talking about?

He runs fast north and south. When they put him at RB, he had average lateral movement at best. Tucker was more natural There’s a reason why one guy was suddenly making some plays that the other guy wasn’t. They had the same OL.

That said, our OL needs to be a whole lot better.

Dino knew where Jordan would best help this offense, but it wasn’t for him so here we are.

It was never about what he has done. Its what he could potentially provide us. Most Acc teams we compete against are faster and athletic than us. We need speed on this team. He hasnt been in a functional offense that allows him to utilize it. You are using 9 quarters of football as a prediction of what he is going to do as a 23 year old. I dont really understand that. Every year there's players on each team that make strides. Why can't he?

It was never about what he has done. Its what he could potentially provide us. Most Acc teams we compete against are faster and athletic than us. We need speed on this team. He hasnt been in a functional offense that allows him to utilize it. You are using 9 quarters of football as a prediction of what he is going to do as a 23 year old. I dont really understand that. Every year there's players on each team that make strides. Why can't he?
Yeah, I think we're at the point in the discussion (similar to what happened in the Guerrier thread on the hoops side) where fans get comfortable diminishing the loss.

I agree with you that the big loss is the potential for what he could have done.

That said... we had evidence of what he was capable of when he went over 200 apy vs Louisville. Outside of the QBs, how many guys has Dino had here go over 200 apy in a single game? It can't be a big number. He was one, and that was while he was playing sparingly and we hadn't yet figured out really how to use him.

Yeah, I think we're at the point in the discussion (similar to what happened in the Guerrier thread on the hoops side) where fans get comfortable diminishing the loss.

I agree with you that the big loss is the potential for what he could have done.

That said... we had evidence of what he was capable of when he went over 200 apy vs Louisville. Outside of the QBs, how many guys has Dino had here go over 200 apy in a single game? It can't be a big number. He was one, and that was while he was playing sparingly and we hadn't yet figured out really how to use him.
People are talking like we were 10-1 instead of 1-10. lol. We can use all the help we can get. No one expects Jawhar to be RB1. Tucker is the best back weve had in awhile but what if he gets banged up? We have Howard, Cooper. Havent seen Adams this spring. Hough is more of a power guy. We dont have anyone with Jawhar's style and speed. We need the speedy scat back too. There are going to be times when we need a back to hit the whole differently. In a way that throws off the defense and makes them make a mistake. The type of mistake that goes for 80 yards. Big reason why the run game was good in 2018 was because of the different run styles of Neal and Strickland. Thats what makes an offense really difficult to defend.

People are talking like we were 10-1 instead of 1-10. lol. We can use all the help we can get.
This is a good point.

Plus, I think it shows how fans can have different mindsets about what's needed to be successful.

Tucker is awesome, we're lucky to have him.

Thing is... top programs have several dudes like him in the same position group.

That's where we need to get - to the point where we have multiple really talented guys at every position on the field (except punter and kicker, screw those dweebs).

I mean, we just saw firsthand how awesome it was to have 3 NFL caliber guys in our secondary... and then a 4th really awesome one in Williams emerged.

That's how a program makes the leap to a higher ceiling and higher floor.

This is a good point.

Plus, I think it shows how fans can have different mindsets about what's needed to be successful.

Tucker is awesome, we're lucky to have him.

Thing is... top programs have several dudes like him in the same position group.

That's where we need to get - to the point where we have multiple really talented guys at every position on the field (except punter and kicker, screw those dweebs).

I mean, we just saw firsthand how awesome it was to have 3 NFL caliber guys in our secondary... and then a 4th really awesome one in Williams emerged.

That's how a program makes the leap to a higher ceiling and higher floor.
Absolutely right. You need dudes like that on your team. He adds quality depth. That’s what other teams have in the Acc. Plus it’s good to have different weapons in your arsenal.

Last edited:
Absolutely right. You need dudes like that on your team. He adds quality depth. That’s why other teams have in the Acc. Plus it’s good to have different weapons in your arsenal.
Agree 100%. But I don't believe that Dino or anyone pushed this kid out the door. From everything I have heard on this board he wants to be RB and start. I don't think anyone is saying he is not talented. I would be betting the rent that Dino did his best to retain him and talk him into playing all over the field BUT if Jordan doesn't want to do that then what is Dino supposed to do? Not saying you specifically Money but people are acting like Dino and the staff didn't know what Jordan brought to the table. That's ridiculous. They had a vision for Jordan. Jordan didn't agree with the vision nor want to be talked into it. Jordan leaves. Jordan moves on...unfortunate for Syracuse losing a talent but their hands were kinda tied in this case.

Agree 100%. But I don't believe that Dino or anyone pushed this kid out the door. From everything I have heard on this board he wants to be RB and start. I don't think anyone is saying he is not talented. I would be betting the rent that Dino did his best to retain him and talk him into playing all over the field BUT if Jordan doesn't want to do that then what is Dino supposed to do? Not saying you specifically Money but people are acting like Dino and the staff didn't know what Jordan brought to the table. That's ridiculous. They had a vision for Jordan. Jordan didn't agree with the vision nor want to be talked into it. Jordan leaves. Jordan moves on...unfortunate for Syracuse losing a talent but their hands were kinda tied in this case.
I absolutely agree. Jawhar wanted to go somewhere he could get more carries. Louisville offense is run oriented and has a lot more outside zone (stretch plays). Smart move by him. He can potentially be really good there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom