RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal

9943172F-A1D9-4EAC-814C-19898B17132C.jpeg

Jordan is a game changer. He is a threat to go the distance every touch. You dont find this speed and talent very often. Opposing DCs have to plan for him. Who knows what happened or why but he is a huge loss. There isnt anyone else on the team with his skill set and speed. Terrible loss

of the 6 running backs on the 2020 roster 5 have left or are leaving the program.

Tucker (Adams Howard Johnson Pierre Jordan). When everyone on the depth chart bails it’s odd.

Lutz was moved for depth, Pena was recruited for the slot.

I suspect Pena will have to move into the Jorden role now at RB.

that is scary bad depth going into 2021
As a whole I suppose, but looking individually they are understandable for one reason or another except Jordan and Adams. Could be the new norm with COVID and the portal.

I think there's always a risk with kids who come from so far away.

I was really excited about him in 2020. But even when healthy early on, he just didn't look like a RB to me. Yeah, our blocking is bad, but it's no secret why Tucker found yards that Jordan didn't. There's an instinct to it, there's lateral movement. Tucker is a natural RB, Jordan is not.

I figured he'd get moved. You can always find a spot for straight line speed, but side to side, I just didn't see it. I'm no expert of course.

I hate losing him because of depth and you can't coach fast. But like I said, when you're going all the way out to Arizona to get a player, you should build in the risk of possibly losing them (Lamson4life though, I hope).

Good luck to Jordan, curious where he will end up.

Perfect projection...he could be our Tavon Austin...could be but that is still TBD

Well maybe he figures out things and changes his mind

Yeah maybe or maybe he would have been a 4th string RB? I guess we will never know.

If this was the mass exodus that people were warning of well then so be it. I felt Lutz proved to be very valuable and with Hough coming in I will roll the dice. Tough to hit a home run when the kid can't make contact.

We need playmakers on offense and losing a potential playmaker is no bueno. This guy was consistently touted as a playmaker for 2 years here. Although Tucker is a playmaker too you need multiple ones at skill positions (especially RB) due to the increased probabilities of injury at the position. I know others disagree and think we have great players at RB and WR so we're all set if we just improve the OL.

Imo, our offensive woes are much deeper than our OL issues. We don't have many dynamic playmakers. Good teams do.

Jordan is a game changer. He is a threat to go the distance every touch. You dont find this speed and talent very often. Opposing DCs have to plan for him. Who knows what happened or why but he is a huge loss. There isnt anyone else on the team with his skill set and speed. Terrible loss

Michael Jordan? Pitt and UNC seem to stuff JJ pretty easily.

Yes, there is absolutely no way to say "we're fine, everything is ok." Major disappointment.
Jordan didn’t do anything irreplaceable in the game action we saw of him. We still have our number one back for the foreseeable future in Tucker. And if Jordan ultimately decides to leave the staff has plenty of time to someone to fill the void via the portal.

I don’t want him to leave because I think he has tons of potential, as has been said on this board, but I think we’ll be fine.

Also, I can’t really blame him for thinking about leaving. I don’t think there’s many people here who would argue that we used him in ways that were as advantageous to his skillset as possible.

With the new transfer rules, this will be commonplace. He got injured and lost his spot on depth chart. Better to start over somewhere closer to home than fight for playing time here I guess.

time to pound the portal for his replacement.

Well this absolutely sucks. Really hate to lose a FAST explosive athlete like Jordan. The beginning of last year was just a cluster on the offensive side of the ball. While I agree Jordan running between the tackles isn't his strong suit, the carries he got in 2019 were those same types of plays and he did well. The difference was in those games the line blocked better on those plays. In 2020 the run blocking was completely inept, especially at the start of the season when Jordan was not injured and the starting RB. I think he would have been our RB2 but he certainly doesn't have the weight to be a great RB1 at this time. But maybe the staff asked him about a move to the slot and he didn't like that idea? Seems like he could have done really well there if his hands are any good.

Jordan didn’t do anything irreplaceable in the game action we saw of him. We still have our number one back for the foreseeable future in Tucker. And if Jordan ultimately decides to leave the staff has plenty of time to someone to fill the void via the portal.

I don’t want him to leave because I think he has tons of potential, as has been said on this board, but I think we’ll be fine.

Also, I can’t really blame him for thinking about leaving. I don’t think there’s many people here who would argue that we used him in ways that were as advantageous to his skillset as possible.
Keep in mind in the 2 games he played the line was at it's worse and they played 2 of the better defenses in the conference. There weren't any holes for anyone.

And for kickoff, punt returns and a burner in the backfield. imagine all the weapons in the field. Still time to get a transfer and hope Adams or Howard return. Don’t want to hear anything from the coaches next year about depth, injuries or short handed at RB. That gets old.

Unfortunate but not surprising, as mentioned previously had heard some bigger names were on the fence for leaving, I assume this is one of those. This is why people mocking those about "mass exodus" probably should have waited until at least the spring to start gloating.

This is not what I want to read. There are some guys we really can't afford to lose. JJ was 1 of those guys to me. Is there a specific date kids have to enter the portal and/or declare they are coming back for a 5th/6th year?

This is not what I want to read. There are some guys we really can't afford to lose. JJ was 1 of those guys to me. Is there a specific date kids have to enter the portal and/or declare they are coming back for a 5th/6th year?

With the new transfer rules there is bound to be more movement regardless. It's just the way things will go. Now some will sit around and tell you it's a mass exodus because DINO HAS LOST THE TEAM!! but the last time I checked any team that was 1-10 there are probably a few kids that weren't real happy. Nothing you can do. Again, tough to call anything a mass exodus when kids can transfer schools can be playing games 9 months later. New phase of the recruiting game as well, I am sure.

My friend George O'Leary " get rid of the roaches and bring in the ants"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom