RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal

I hate when we try to justify talented kids leaving by saying Cuse is good at that position. Are they? They were a 1 win team.

Indeed. Especially, when we constantly hear the excuses about our perennial injuries/lack of depth, etc. being a significant contributing factor to our struggles (lack of wins) in simply getting back to mediocrity/.500.

Jordan is a game changer. He is a threat to go the distance every touch. You dont find this speed and talent very often. Opposing DCs have to plan for him. Who knows what happened or why but he is a huge loss. There isnt anyone else on the team with his skill set and speed. Terrible loss
Agree with all of that, however he did not have the size or strength to be a primary RB, at least as he currently is built. If that is what he wants then I wish him luck.

I think there's always a risk with kids who come from so far away.

I was really excited about him in 2020. But even when healthy early on, he just didn't look like a RB to me. Yeah, our blocking is bad, but it's no secret why Tucker found yards that Jordan didn't. There's an instinct to it, there's lateral movement. Tucker is a natural RB, Jordan is not.

I figured he'd get moved. You can always find a spot for straight line speed, but side to side, I just didn't see it. I'm no expert of course.

I hate losing him because of depth and you can't coach fast. But like I said, when you're going all the way out to Arizona to get a player, you should build in the risk of possibly losing them (Lamson4life though, I hope).

Good luck to Jordan, curious where he will end up.
This all sounds reasonable but I don't buy it.

I'm going to hope maybe the Covid year and injury were super tough and he's hoping to get closer to AZ.

Because before he got hurt it was pretty clear that we were wasting his ability running him right up the middle of a crappy offensive line.

It should be clear to a guy with this kind of ability where he fits. So I'm really going to hope this came down to personal reasons, because if he's leaving for football reasons, our staff messed up.

State of college football is sad when you don’t start...you transfer. Line them all up and if they want to transfer, show them the door for this must be one of the ways to right the ship. See ya later JJ!

Or if things aren't what you expected, you weigh your options. I transferred as a student twice. You have no idea of his circumstances or situation. Maybe it's 100% football, maybe it's not.

What a dummy but unless Tucker gets injured Tuck is the #1 for the next 4 years and maybe Jordan’s hearing Hough footsteps as the #2?

maybe they asked him to move to the slot? I always saw him as a Tavon Austin clone running back and wide receiver.

most teams roll with 3/4 blue chip running backs so this is a crushing blow to the depth, the drop off after Tucker is immense. I really hope Hough doesn’t come in overweight. We need him to come in like Ron Dayne rather than Adonis Ameen Moore or Garrison Johnson (who is also in the portal.)

we’ve now had three running back‘s enter the portal, plus Howard and Adams. Seems a bit odd no?
Tavon Austin is who I always thought of too.

Or if things aren't what you expected, you weigh your options. I transferred as a student twice. You have no idea of his circumstances or situation. Maybe it's 100% football, maybe it's not.
Good point but with the current mess on the hill (four winning seasons since 2000), I don’t care about their circumstances for they need to focus on Cuse football and getting a degree from a great school. Where’s the Ohana?

There are 2020s who committed to FCS schools, who didn't play this season, that are in the portal. The portal is full and not everyone is going to transfer to a new school. Some will rethink their decision and stay at their current school.

Unfortunate but not surprising, as mentioned previously had heard some bigger names were on the fence for leaving, I assume this is one of those. This is why people mocking those about "mass exodus" probably should have waited until at least the spring to start gloating.

This was absolutely one of them that I had been hearing, as well as Nykeim.

Lets see how the rest of the chips fall...hoping we retain some of the others

This sucks. I saw him as a breakout player.

I wonder if he really wanted to play RB and the staff wanted him to move to WR? If he is going to stay at RB, I hope he really hits the weight room hard or he is going to spend a lot of time rehabilitating injuries.
I had the same reaction

absolutely no inside info here, but wonder if he ends up at Utah in light of the tragic death of their RB.

This isn't going to ruin 2021, but it stinks. We can't say that we're a program that needs to be built on developing talent (because we can't get 4 star recruits), and then be OK with potential talent bolting so early in their SU career.

Maybe Jordan would ultimately turn out to be nothing more than a 3rd string RB. But we want kids like this around to see if they can add strength, develop skills, and turn into something more reliably dynamic in their junior/senior seasons.

It's not an indictment of Dino (people gotta stop with that garbage), because this is the new reality of college football. We can't cheer when we land someone, and then curse "the system" when we lose someone the same way. BUT, we really gotta limit these losses when a kid has developable potential.

Best of luck to him.

First off, I think he was vastly and unfairly overhyped by most here. Were some great plays made? Sure. Extremely limited sample. Reason to be optimistic? Yeah, perhaps. Can never have enough playmakers and he made some plays in limited time. Unfortunate that injuries didn’t allow more PT this year. Even more unfortunate was seeing half back dives repeatedly when he did play.

saw a tweet that Zaire RT'd and it said there are more transfers in the portal than there are available spots. A lot of football dreams will be crushed.

This one truly hurts. Obviously Tucker is the guy for the next 3 or so seasons. I don't see him staying 4 more (too much wear & tear & he'll likely want and be ready for a shot at the NFL). In any case, Jordan would have helped this team a lot, as a guy who could carry the ball 8-10 times and catch passes out of the backfield/slot. There's no positive way to spin this. Really stinks.
Exactly this. I think Jordan wanted to be a featured back and he saw that wasnt going to happen. Losing someone with his type of speed and acceleration only hurts the team.

Lol you see what jsut happened at wake with transfers, who knows kids leaving all over the place... we didn’t just lose our starter regardless if he was hurt... who knows I assume we’ll use these scholarships to fill back in... some of you are so damn negative about everything

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom