RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal

Best of luck to him.

First off, I think he was vastly and unfairly overhyped by most here. Were some great plays made? Sure. Extremely limited sample. Reason to be optimistic? Yeah, perhaps. Can never have enough playmakers and he made some plays in limited time. Unfortunate that injuries didn’t allow more PT this year. Even more unfortunate was seeing half back dives repeatedly when he did play.
Oh I totally overhyped him. Guilty. I was the driver of the Jordan fan party bus.

I regret nothing.

saw a tweet that Zaire RT'd and it said there are more transfers in the portal than there are available spots. A lot of football dreams will be crushed.
And how many kids will be in the transfer portal next year from the 2021 class. The kids that were never able to step foot on campus, only virtual tours, or meet their coaches face to face before they committed to a school.

Lutz is a tough SOB and a warrior but he needs a tractor trailer size hole to run through and he’s not gonna make anybody miss.
I think people need to lower their expectations with Lutz. Keep in mind when he got his carries and what defensive schemes it was against. It was against a lot of 5 and 6 man boxes. I did like what I saw from him but I am not expecting him to have this big jump in production. He's a great kid to have in the middle of your depth. Plus he could be a good situational guy.

Last edited:
Keep in mind in the 2 games he played the line was at it's worse and they played 2 of the better defenses in the conference. There weren't any holes for anyone.
For sure, it’s not as black and white as I made it sound. I would much prefer to have him on the roster because it always seems like we lack dudes who can do what he can.

This all sounds reasonable but I don't buy it.

I'm going to hope maybe the Covid year and injury were super tough and he's hoping to get closer to AZ.

Because before he got hurt it was pretty clear that we were wasting his ability running him right up the middle of a crappy offensive line.

It should be clear to a guy with this kind of ability where he fits. So I'm really going to hope this came down to personal reasons, because if he's leaving for football reasons, our staff messed up.

If we ever hear about this kid tearing it up someplace else I will agree with you. More often than not in these situations, we never hear about the student athlete again.

Lol you see what jsut happened at wake with transfers, who knows kids leaving all over the place... we didn’t just lose our starter regardless if he was hurt... who knows I assume we’ll use these scholarships to fill back in... some of you are so damn negative about everything
We have more people leaving then we can have come in. That’s a negative in terms of depth.

For sure, it’s not as black and white as I made it sound. I would much prefer to have him on the roster because it always seems like we lack dudes who can do what he can.
Agree

We have more people leaving then we can have come in. That’s a negative in terms of depth.
That's not true. The 25 per class only applies to underclassmen. They can take as many grad transfers as they want as long as they don't go over the 85 total limit. And seniors with no more eligibility who are staying don't count.

I like Lutz too, but this is insane, and also dismissed what Jordan showed in 2019.

Come on.
Jordan better from home run threat, Lutz good runner and excellent blitz pickup.

I mean when you think about it...

Tucker made a clear case to be number 1.

lutz and Pena made a clear case to be number 2.

then don’t forget our Derrick Henry clone in Josh Hough..

I don’t see the playing time for Jordan at RB
Yeah lots of over reaction.

Which to me does not make sense. RB has a short shelf life, they are rarely payed anymore. Smart decision would be to move to more of a gadget, slot wr position.

saw a tweet that Zaire RT'd and it said there are more transfers in the portal than there are available spots. A lot of football dreams will be crushed.

yeah we’ve had this discussion that supply far outweighs demand.

I wonder if this might actually create more parity among have nots. all these kids are going to end up at places like uconn, UMass, FIU, east carolina etc.

Who is Zaire that you're referring to?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom