Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know how hard it is to find a roster for shaw university beyond 4 years ago
Hey Bam - just curious, do you know if Shy or any of the other current signees are ever in contact with Washington?

Also - it makes me sad looking at how many coaches from other schools (Bama, Pitt, Georgia, Florida, among others) he's recently started following. I feel like I'm on the freaking Bachelor, just praying for a rose.

Not that I'm aware of... I think out of ... Respect I guess... For Strickland this could be a subject that 2015 is staying away from
Gotcha - I wasn't sure, mainly because I saw Orange Fizz quoting Shy at one point saying he was hoping Washington would come to SU.

Are you Aapri Washington, and going to announce a package deal? I know wishful thinking.

This is like that game Guess Who.

Do you have glasses?
Are you bald?
Do you have a moustache?

Ok i'm done now.

For the last time I am not a prospect.

You know, I will say this: if Robert wants to play where he's absolutely beloved by the fans, he won't be able to do much better than SU. I haven't looked around all that much, but from what I've seen, no one is talking NEARLY as much about him consistently on a daily basis the way we are. He's THE topic of conversation around these parts. He's just a casual mention on most other fan boards.

Gotcha - I wasn't sure, mainly because I saw Orange Fizz quoting Shy at one point saying he was hoping Washington would come to SU.
Well shy and I talk about it all the time but I think is aware Strickland fredricks would be directly affected by him coming. I think he wouldn't want one of them pushing a big recruit to come take his job before he even got on campus. But he does like what washington would bring to the team

Well shy and I talk about it all the time but I think is aware Strickland fredricks would be directly affected by him coming. I think he wouldn't want one of them pushing a big recruit to come take his job before he even got on campus. But he does like what washington would bring to the team
Sounds very reasonable.

Obviously, I hope that Strickland and the rest all understand that more RBs will be recruited and that at the end of the day, it's not how many stars you're given, it's what you do on the field that determines who plays.

You know, I will say this: if Robert wants to play where he's absolutely beloved by the fans, he won't be able to do much better than SU. I haven't looked around all that much, but from what I've seen, no one is talking NEARLY as much about him consistently on a daily basis the way we are. He's THE topic of conversation around these parts. He's just a casual mention on most other fan boards.

The fans do play a role in that. He gets a lot of support from Tennessee, Notre Dame, Ohio State, North Carolina fans. I think Robert is a mystery for a lot of people because he has so many options. He hasn't dropped any sort of top list even though the media continues to guess and form their own list. The reality is he only made two schools known North Carolina and Syracuse. Both fan bases are showing lots of interest now that the schools have been named . Once his complete list is revealed. More fans will show support

ehh, I can understand the personal stakes, but I hope they are all aware what bringing in someone of Washington's stature would mean for the program as a whole. I know I would much rather be someone who was a contributor on a great team, then a superstar on an average team. Especially the running back position, you can never have enough. I'd hope these guys would ALL be all out helping to bring in someone like Washington, if anything to make him feel even more comfortable. In the end the best player will play, and as a fan I want all the options we can get, especially someone as highly touted as Robert.

The fans do play a role in that. He gets a lot of support from Tennessee, Notre Dame, Ohio State, North Carolina fans. I think Robert is a mystery for a lot of people because he has so many options. He hasn't dropped any sort of top list even though the media continues to guess and form their own list. The reality is he only made two schools known North Carolina and Syracuse. Both fan bases are showing lots of interest now that the schools have been named . Once his complete list is revealed. More fans will show support
He seems to like the fans interacting on Twitter with him. Do you know if he does or does he think we are a pain the ass

I will reveal my identity soon. I'm none of the people you think I am. Not even close.

Keep'em rolling boys :)
Ok i got it. ive done some sleuthing and based in your handle of caliluv and the area code of 808 could be in Hawaii or the midland islands are you this guy?
182186_l.jpg

Welcome back 2pac is biggie with you?

ehh, I can understand the personal stakes, but I hope they are all aware what bringing in someone of Washington's stature would mean for the program as a whole. I know I would much rather be someone who was a contributor on a great team, then a superstar on an average team. Especially the running back position, you can never have enough. I'd hope these guys would ALL be all out helping to bring in someone like Washington, if anything to make him feel even more comfortable. In the end the best player will play, and as a fan I want all the options we can get, especially someone as highly touted as Robert.
Oh he knows I just know when we talked about it last night at the gym he was saying how it was crazy to think next year washington could convince a big name linebacker to come . He said it would just push him harder. But he said it was crazy to think he is going in to fight to take someone else's job and he could be fighting to keep that job a year later. I think it's more just the reality of he isn't the star of the team anymore just a freshman trying to make the team again. but I think they all know

He seems to like the fans interacting on Twitter with him. Do you know if he does or does he think we are a pain the ass

Bam as you know the boys enjoy the process. I think he welcomes the fans. The advantage that social media plays is that you get a better understanding of that fan base. Case in point this forum. Look at how much the tone has changed. This is power for recruits to get a heads up on.

Case in point this forum. Look at how much the tone has changed. This is power for recruits to get a heads up on.
And that's the part that makes me nervous. I hate the fact that people have taken to bickering a bit in this thread, because I don't want that stuff to give off any bad vibes should Robert read this thread.

On the bright side, all of the bickering has been at one another, while everyone has pretty much consistently been going giddy over the prospect of Robert wearing Orange.

And that's the part that makes me nervous. I hate the fact that people have taken to bickering a bit in this thread, because I don't want that stuff to give off any bad vibes should Robert read this thread.

On the bright side, all of the bickering has been at one another, while everyone has pretty much consistently been going giddy over the prospect of Robert wearing Orange.
i'm middle school girl giddy with excitement

Meh. Follow the kids recruiting. He's not as wowed as most by the flash of a program.

Plus - I'm so sick of this attitude. Go against the grain? We have some very good recruits coming in this year that had offers to comparable schools.

We have four or five star players with that offer list from the start that we have coming in this last class. Really, who would those guys be?

You really need to dial it back. I didn't make a "we have no chance" statement that others would make, but you need to face reality, this program ends up on the short end of this stick consistently in these types of battles.

If we win it that would be great, tremendously impressive. It would also be extremely rare occurrence going back at least 15 years.

i'm middle school girl giddy with excitement

Like the Beatles just came to town. OH MAAAAAAH GAWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDD! And no I wasn't alive when the Beatles had their hysteria. Who is the modern day Beatles? One Direction? God it makes me sick that I know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom