Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to pick a fight, just curious here. There are a couple of posters on some UNC boards that also know the Washington family personally, and they all say UNC is in very good shape with RW.
I get the sense, just based on my own hunches based on what I've read and seen, his top 5 (in no order) are SU, UNC, TCU, OSU, and ND. Just a gut feeling. I'll be moderately surprised to see anyone else land him, though Michigan could certainly spring up I suppose.

I get the sense, just based on my own hunches based on what I've read and seen, his top 5 (in no order) are SU, UNC, TCU, OSU, and ND. Just a gut feeling. I'll be moderately surprised to see anyone else land him, though Michigan could certainly spring up I suppose.
These seem accurate based on his Twitter traffic, and visits he's had.

I know it his home school and all but I have to imagine that the amount of damage the fake class scandal and investigation at unc has to hurt them with a kid that seems to really value his education and degree. I know other schools have had varying degrees of academic questions but nothing like there. The degree from that school that an athlete

I think the positive info provided here has been great, and I'd love to see any kid go against the grain, but one year before signing day is it realistic to think that SU is going to win out against that list? ND and OSU are ND and OSU, TCU is the hot new thing, even though they've won 11 or more games 8 of the last 12 years, and UNC just hired Chizik, a highly regarded recruiter.

I'm not saying no chance, but it has to be a low probability, doesn't it?

I think the positive info provided here has been great, and I'd love to see any kid go against the grain, but one year before signing day is it realistic to think that SU is going to win out against that list? ND and OSU are ND and OSU, TCU is the hot new thing, even though they've won 11 or more games 8 of the last 12 years, and UNC just hired Chizik, a highly regarded recruiter.

Based on what Robert himself has said, I don't think it's nearly as low as you're making it out to be.

You have to remember he likes the idea of building a team around him to win. He likes the history of SU and the legend of 44. He seems to enjoy the idea of coming to a school on the rise and pushing it over the top. Who wouldn't want to be part of resurrecting a team? How great would it be for this kid to come here be given the 44 bring all kinds of talent with him and have the team take off...talk about continuing the legend..and after all what football player doesn't want to be a legend?

GoSU96 said:
I think the positive info provided here has been great, and I'd love to see any kid go against the grain, but one year before signing day is it realistic to think that SU is going to win out against that list? ND and OSU are ND and OSU, TCU is the hot new thing, even though they've won 11 or more games 8 of the last 12 years, and UNC just hired Chizik, a highly regarded recruiter. I'm not saying no chance, but it has to be a low probability, doesn't it?

Meh. Follow the kids recruiting. He's not as wowed as most by the flash of a program.

Plus - I'm so sick of this attitude. Go against the grain? We have some very good recruits coming in this year that had offers to comparable schools.

Last Maryland QB we got turned into a backup TE! :confused:

With the beating he took behind that offensive line I'm surprised he didn't think he was a unicorn.

Nice thing for any future recruits will be the OL class we just brought in will be protecting them by the time they hit campus.

With the beating he took behind that offensive line I'm surprised he didn't think he was a unicorn.

Nice thing for any future recruits will be the OL class we just brought in will be protecting them by the time they hit campus.
With Roberts and Ward from last year, and the 5 guys from this year, if we can be solid this year, we should have the potential for a nice run of offensive line play going forward.

With Roberts and Ward from last year, and the 5 guys from this year, if we can be solid this year, we should have the potential for a nice run of offensive line play going forward.
Wish we had Marrone and Adkins coaching these guys. Moreland and Adam have the bar set high for them.

That's the biggest thing that had been missing from us getting back in the top 25 IMO. If we can get an oline that is solid 1-5 we have capable RB's and QB's to take advantage. When we had Pugh-Chibane-Mackey in 2012 we also had a way too young Foy- Alexander on the right. Didn't take much film for opposing defenses to know where to attack or where we preferred to run. We certainly know the new group, as a whole, are bigger and stronger coming in. If they form a cohesive unit we will step up big time with the QB's and RB's on campus now, recently signed, or big time potential recruits we're after since our defense isn't going away anytime soon.

President Obama, it's an honor to have you on the board, sir!

I was thinking JohnSyracuse but if I'm wrong CaliLuv would be confused... and if I'm right JohnSyracuse would never admit it.

Wish we had Marrone and Adkins coaching these guys. Moreland and Adam have the bar set high for them.

Even Perles did a very good job.

I get what you're saying here, but from everything you read or hear about the kid he is genuine in his interest. Just from seeing his interviews it sounds like he places a ton on relationships with the staff, and how comfortable he feels at a school. Plus we have academics, and tradition working for us.

Then again you're probably right. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I am. When is the last time we won a major recruiting battle of this stature?

Are you Aapri Washington, and going to announce a package deal? I know wishful thinking.

This is like that game Guess Who.

Do you have glasses?
Are you bald?
Do you have a moustache?

Ok i'm done now.
Wait, I've got it. He's from Shaw University. Isn't it clear at this point? He's DoItAll Dupre from Lords of the Underground:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom