Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 126 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not that old, compared to some of you guys/gals :D, so getting a commit like this is awesome. Doesn't have very often at all. I was a little too young to understand the scope of McNabb commit but I was old enough as he was playing to jump around like a school girl watching him, Konrad, Harrison, and Spotwood play.

Could this have a domino effect on other recruits? Could this peak the interest of a high profile QB for instance? I don't follow recruiting that closely, so maybe someone could fill me in. It would be great to get QB to go along with RW
Well, I hope it at least gets our current top QB recruit, Anthony Brown, to commit.

I know a lot of people want us to go all in on Dwayne Haskins since he and RW are tight, but I just don't see that as being realistic.

Could this have a domino effect on other recruits? Could this peak the interest of a high profile QB for instance? I don't follow recruiting that closely, so maybe someone could fill me in. It would be great to get QB to go along with RW
That's been the speculation for months. If RW commits, will he be able to bring high impact friends to the Orange?

We all believe he will, but it's going to take time. Him choosing us will give recruits pause and another reason to look at us, and give the staff a chance to turn some heads.

As for the QB point, I'd say the guy we may have earned a discussion with in the next few days is Dwayne Haskins, one of the most offered QBs in the country. I don't anticipate that he ever really considers us, but he has said numerous times he wants to play with RW and wants to do it badly. Could you even imagine?

Holy crap, this is unreal!!! I saw the initial Florida reports on Twitter, and decided to run some errands. Then, I saw this thread title, and said to myself "What?".

Just awesome. Great job by the staff in landing RW44. Yeah, that's what I'm calling him.

I'm not sure how much of a part in played in RW44's verbal commitment, but either way, I want to thank those behind the Restore 44 movement.

Great day to be Orange!!!
Cuse Twitter Army, everybody tweet #RW44 lets trend this!

This stinks! Now I actually have to start paying attention at work! And my wife wants me to get some things done around the house. It's been a fun ride - NEXT MAN UP - let's do it again! Got lots of room to fill the class with talent!

Well, I hope it at least gets our current top QB recruit, Anthony Brown, to commit.

I know a lot of people want us to go all in on Dwayne Haskins since he and RW are tight, but I just don't see that as being realistic.

Depends on your definition of all-in. I would put a full court press on him for the next week or two. See what kind of interest level he has. If getting RW got us in the door somehow, we should go hard for him (not ignoring Brown of course) but if it he doesn't seem serious about joining RW, we should let it go and focus on other kids we have more realistic chances of getting.

I'm just saying these next few months are going to some of the craziest and most interesting months for Syracuse recruiting and I can definitely see it being pretty rewarding all because one kid commited and decided to do his own thing and not be like everyone else. Love the kid already!

Biggest SU offensive player commit since...? I'm interested in everyone's opinions.

I'll hang up and listen. Thanks.

Andddddd Eric White literally just followed Dwayne Haskins on Twitter. Don't speak to soon.

Wow, could you imagine? Haskins has been seemingly headed towards a commitment to Maryland.

Delone Carter at the very least seeing as how Delone was Mr. Ohio over Beanie Wells. But even then RW is a bigger recruit than DC. Rhodes maybe?

Wow, could you imagine? Haskins has been seemingly headed towards a commitment to Maryland.
It would be crazy, Haskins is a top QB and Maryland is not exactly a top program and is not head and shoulders above us so seeing that he is really interested in going there shows that big names don't phase him just like Washington. Who knows what could happen.

Given what transpired and that he is still going to take visits, this is more good PR than anything else.

A lot is going to happen between now and start of spring semester next year.
You just don't like shafer and can't give credit where credit is due. Everyone knows that there's a lot that can happen between now and December the truth is that Marrone would have ever gotten this kid to commit period

I honestly think you're disappointed.

th

On paper, yep. In terms of biggest OVERALL prospect, in terms of 1) where the program is, and 2) the potential impact...has to be Tim Green, right?

Based on the timing and the impact he could have on recruiting, 44 thing...definitely has the potential to be as big as Tim Green. Maybe even bigger if he wears the 44 and wins a Heisman or something like that.

Now before anyone goes jumping off the deep end...I'm talking about potential, not expecting that everything I wrote above happens. We're a long way between there and here.

So here's a fun thing: go look at the Florida message boards.

They didn't care about RW before the commitment, but now that the BR video came out and then he switched to Syracuse, they're resorting to calling him names.

Seriously, no mentions of him before today, really. And now today? Ragging on Robert, ragging on Syracuse, and basically just showing their true colors. I hope they don't get one of the official visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom