Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 127 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's a fun thing: go look at the Florida message boards.

They didn't care about RW before the commitment, but now that the BR video came out and then he switched to Syracuse, they're resorting to calling him names.

Seriously, no mentions of him before today, really. And now today? Ragging on Robert, ragging on Syracuse, and basically just showing their true colors. I hope they don't get one of the official visits.
Internet Fan Logic 101: If a kid never considers my school at all I will not care, but if a kid likes us enough to make us a finalist and goes somewhere else he is worthy of the worst verbal abuse my language skills can muster.

Given what transpired and that he is still going to take visits, this is more good PR than anything else.

A lot is going to happen between now and start of spring semester next year.
Not likely. The reason that he committed today was so that he could recruit other kids to come play with him. his dad told us the truth. He was going to go to syracuse. Really connected with the character of our coach's. There is a reason that we beat out wisky and Florida for recruits that we never could have got under the last coach.

D. Gross "resigns" 5 weeks ago. Today RW commits to SU. Coinkidink? I think not.

I'm expecting more great news very soon.

image.jpg

Not likely. The reason that he committed today was so that he could recruit other kids to come play with him. his dad told us the truth. He was going to go to syracuse. Really connected with the character of our coach's. There is a reason that we beat out wisky and Florida for recruits that we never could have got under the last coach.
Agree with this. I think a lot of people should probably realize that what was happening with RW and his dad - particularly since, hey, look who was standing right next to RW at his commitment! - was damage control, at least in large part.

Still disappointed that so many people went after his dad, but thankfully it didn't matter, in the end.

McNabb wasn't that big a recruit at the time, though. Hell, I think a lot of people expected Kevin Johnson to beat him out for the QB job.
I guess that's where the perception line comes into play, McNabb wasn't a big time recruit, but he became a big time player, kids wanted to play with.

Morant was a big time recruit, never became a big time player.

If Washington is going to be the beginning of the turn around, we need him to become a big time player quickly. That will draw even more eyes and athletes to Syracuse. Unfortunately, we need him to be both. But thankfully, we all believe we got the real deal and then some. Honestly, I can't believe there are 7 better RBs out there in this class, but who cares, we got the guy we wanted more than anyone in the country.

So here's a fun thing: go look at the Florida message boards.

They didn't care about RW before the commitment, but now that the BR video came out and then he switched to Syracuse, they're resorting to calling him names.

Seriously, no mentions of him before today, really. And now today? Ragging on Robert, ragging on Syracuse, and basically just showing their true colors. I hope they don't get one of the official visits.

what site? i'll have to venture over.

bigger. we were good when donnie committed to us. We were not coming off a 3-9 season where we were lucky to beat Nova.

Let's be fair if not for the key injuries on offense to the likes of Hunt, Broyld, and Estime. We would have been a lot better than 3-9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom