Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching this space for 7 minutes and haven't seen anything.

I want my money back.
Keep watching, something will happen for you I'm sure. Report back to me in the morning on your findings.

(And waiting back to get the thumbs up to publish, which likely won't come until morning since it's 1 AM over there on the east coast)

I still think Mr. Washington is a huge key to getting back to relevancy. If we can pull in a top RB like this then you will also pull in OL who want to block for someone like this and the skill players as well who realize a good running game opens up their game. The other thing is there would be a good chance he brings Moe and Aapri with him.

Last edited:
I still think Mr. Washington is a huge key to getting back to relevancy. If we can pull in a top RB like this then you will also pull in OL who want to block for someone like this and the skill players as well who realize a good running game opens up there game. The other thing is there would be a good chance he brings Moe and Aapri with him.

On top of that the kid has built a chain of connections and respect of other top athletes across the country at camps and everything else. Who was the QB that seems to be really good friends with Washington? I can't remember but, if you land Washington you can land other top notch recruits in the same time frame and jumpstart us on the way back to relevancy. Not that it can't be done without him, but with him it's a whole different ballgame.

B7hrTjDCYAEbuJ5.jpg:large

8:50 PM - 16 Jan 2015
Robert Washington‏@RDubb_5 7h7 hours ago
In 2 weeks I will be playing in the Cowboy Stadium for @USNFT pic.twitter.com/3SIxRPBU4w

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that at some point he verbals to SU. Won't all those people calling for Shafer's head be a bit concerned if SU goes 3-9 again and Shafer's terminated? Chances are the people who recruited Washington would be gone too

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that at some point he verbals to SU. Won't all those people calling for Shafer's head be a bit concerned if SU goes 3-9 again and Shafer's terminated? Chances are the people who recruited Washington would be gone too
Trust me, I'm terrified of how things would play out in that scenario. Washington would be such a huge step back toward national respectability, I'd be begging Dr. Gross to keep Shafer for one more year no matter what happens. When you finally land a kid who, for example, Tom Lemming put in his national top 25, you have to do everything you can to hang on.

SUFaninNJ said:

Yeah - but what can you do? Shafer should recruit the best talent and coach his arse off no matter what. In his parlance: control the controllables.

Side note: while many here think another 3-9 would get him fired, our history is to give a pretty long leash on these things (for better or worse).

I guess that ends the do kids care about 44 debate. Not only do you need to keep Shafer... Lea needs to stay and white it sounds like... #keepthestaff

I think what you stated are two of the main takeaways of this interview.

Washington loves Syracuse. I really do believe that. Our coaching staff has done everything right here.

The other is that he really wants to wear #44. Could be the game changer. He knows it comes with Hugh expectations, and he even talked about how he confortable he feels being THE man.

For me - biggest takeaway is that he is just a fine damn young man. So respectful, cordial, and seems to be lucky he's found something he loves to do.

I think what you stated are two of the main takeaways of this interview.

Washington loves Syracuse. I really do believe that. Our coaching staff has done everything right here.

The other is that he really wants to wear #44. Could be the game changer. He knows it comes with Hugh expectations, and he even talked about how he confortable he feels being THE man.

For me - biggest takeaway is that he is just a fine damn young man. So respectful, cordial, and seems to be lucky he's found something he loves to do.
I met him briefly at the fsu game and even though he had like 15 friends with him that is exactly what I took away from it.

Seems like a fantastic kid. As long as the prior living 44s/kin of 44s are ok with bringing it back, we sure as hell should do it for this kid. For those a bit older on the board, you remember how big it was for the program when we landed Tim Green. Besides him being local he was a 5 star without having that official designation. We beat Nebraska for him which back then was like beating out Alabama now. This kid is a game changer for our recruiting and he understands what it means to wear the number. He sounds like a kid with great character as well. Give him the damn number!

Getting rid of using 44 was one of the worst decisions this AD has made. Bring back orange pants and bring back #44.
RW is a great FB player but appears to be an even better person...exactly the type of student/athlete I love seeing in Orange, I mean blue ;-)

Landing RW and potentially all the recruits that will follow him, could be a historic moment in program history. Historic moments deserve a historic number...offer him 44 today!

Alright I won't create a thread about this but come on...

What in gods name could possibly be holding them back from offering #44?

This is clearly our key. Noone knows if it makes us favorites or anything, but CLEARLY it GREATLY enhances our pull towards top running back recruits like Washington.

It makes no sense to me why we wouldn't offer it.

Anyone comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors