Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
God that's a nice list of offers.

Let me say this. Every time I read something that says "big time" program I laugh a little. Trust me I get it but Syracuse is not chop liver. Syracuse has one of the best fan and alum support in the country. Along with outstanding and respected academics. The team plays in a good conference. Robert factors is going to come down to the fit, coaches relationship and where he feel comfortable being a student at. A record don't matter because we all know things can change with the right recruiting class

Many here are beaten down by recent history on the field - so much so - that they lose the ability to see what could be. I don't think we are as far away as many believe.

But we need kids of high character and talent like Robert. I believe some are already on campus - and a bunch will be arriving this summer.

Can't wait.

Many here are beaten down by recent history on the field - so much so - that they lose the ability to see what could be. I don't think we are as far away as many believe.

But we need kids of high character and talent like Robert. I believe some are already on campus - and a bunch will be arriving this summer.

Can't wait.
Well put.

OSU is sure to be one of the final two.

If Robert does a hat ceremony on signing day, I think the hates will be SU-TCU-Bama. Would be unreal to see him put on our hat.

Hard to see anybody picking Syracuse over those other schools. Hell, I don't even think I would. I'm going to just assume he's not coming here so I don't get my hopes up. But if he does, I'll be ecstatic.

I don't know why anyone assumed that. He gushed about Bama when they offered.
I would assume that because he gushed about every offer he has ever gotten. Even ones he isn't even considering he has been gracious enough to gush over the offers. Next I assumed he wouldn't make them a top six because he said he wanted immediate play time and didn't want to go to a place that was stacked. Bama has 7 running backs under sophomore year and not one of them got a rating of less than 4 stars plus they took another running back this year who was 4 stars.

I would assume that because he gushed about every offer he has ever gotten. Even ones he isn't even considering he has been gracious enough to gush over the offers. Next I assumed he wouldn't make them a top six because he said he wanted immediate play time and didn't want to go to a place that was stacked. Bama has 7 running backs under sophomore year and not one of them got a rating of less than 4 stars plus they took another running back this year who was 4 stars.

It amazes me that kids that high a rating would want to go to a school with so many other high-rated kids at their position. I understand the competing aspect but at what point do they realize their potential play time is severely hampered by having so many horses in the stable?

It amazes me that kids that high a rating would want to go to a school with so many other high-rated kids at their position. I understand the competing aspect but at what point do they realize their potential play time is severely hampered by having so many horses in the stable?
I don't doubt for a second that he could compete for the job. I am just using his criteria for forming my guesses... Which really all of this is just guessing.

agree. not just SU, but even somewhere like UNC should be ahead of Bama. Kids should want to play, no?

I don't doubt for a second that he could compete for the job. I am just using his criteria for forming my guesses... Which really all of this is just guessing.

I understand, just asking the question in general. The fact that Alabama has that many highly rated RB's is amazing not because of the school, but that so many good running backs probably won't see the field for some time.

I guess I was the only one who didn't assume then. I said a few pages back that Bama would be in the top 6.

Exactly. If he had put winning a national title as most important ok or any of the other perennial contenders. But he seems to not have the big school glitz problem. He seems to be ok with the program being down and being the guy to help build it up. Imagine signing with syracuse and winning the acc or being in the playoffs or even winning the championship? What would that do for a running backs stock heading into the NFL. Plus I like his idea behind not coming into a program that has a lot of depth at back. It is one thing to split time with a back or 2. But you head to a place like Bama and your splitting a lot of time.

Our education and close knit city could be what saves us.

The athletic department should really start to expand this "family" theme outside of the locker room and to the whole city. Syracuse bleeds Orange, the family isn't simply the team it's CNY as well.

User Actions
Follow Dwayne Haskins, Jr‏@dh_simba7
The best future backfield tandem in college football
1f631.png
1f525.png
@RDubb_5

B-Vm3fRIUAAw3s2.jpg:large

Retweet
Favorite

Edit: Don't know if this has already been posted.

I just hope the administration is getting off their a$$es and getting that 44 down out of the rafters.
Hopefully when Bailey writes the Restore44 article it puts a little more pressure on the administration to do the right thing and bring it back. Maybe they're waiting until after the NCAA announces their decision so we can have something to feel warm and fuzzy about.

Is he definitely writing an article about this?
He's at least planning on it. He was on Twitter asking people for their e-mails to Doc Gross about the campaign.

Am curious to hear what people will think if they take down 44, offer it to Washington and he decides to go elsewhere.

Am curious to hear what people will think if they take down 44, offer it to Washington and he decides to go elsewhere.
I have to imagine they won't make it public until AFTER he commits. They might offer it to him behind the scenes, and then if he commits, they will make the decision to restore 44 public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom