Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Libero2 said:
Well so much for assuming Alabama wouldn't make the cut
Goes to show it's very difficult to predict what a kid will do.

I am thinking that he wants the team he picks to have the drama and attention that goes along with a kid choosing that "smaller" school over the blue bloods.
We sure as heck have to hope so.

Honestly, do we think RW already knows where he's going or is he really still in his decision making process? Because if it's the former this really means nothing (more than if he put any other school here), and if it's the later, well that is much more nerve wracking.

In truth if RW wants to be a student first, Alabama isn't exactly where he should be going. Not that he can't personally be a student there of course.

If Ohio St is next week, or Notre Dame then our chances dim. He'll be a great player wherever he goes.

Why? We all expected the next two to be OSU and ND anyways, based entirely on Bams input I assumed TCU was his last one.

Right now I find myself wishing our RW insider would stop back in to talk us all down off of the ledge. Ha.

(It doesn't help that my brother is a massive pessimist when it comes to SU recruiting and is now saying, "Of course he put Bama on the list, it's because that's where he's going, because there's no way he'd ever go to SU, at the end of the day.")

No worries. Don't let the names fool you. Trust when I say Syracuse is sitting pretty.

Does anyone know if we are recruiting his sis. She seems to be a legit bball player. I am unsure what grade she is in but a 3.91 GPA and some PG skills should def get a look from Q. It would be awesome to bring the whole family to the promise land as they all seem to be absolutely outstanding people.

Edit:

Class of 2017, already playing varsity.
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/asia-washington/muG7wgBaEeOZ5AAmVebBJg/default.htm

Edit II:

Track and volleyball too! Robert better watch out as lil' sis might be the better athlete in the fam.;) I can only imagine the family gatherings around the dinner table with the two siblings and Aapri kicking around. Can we take the whole lot please?

http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/SchoolRecords.aspx?SchoolID=20324

Syracuse is recruiting Asia for Track and Field as we speak. She jumped a 17 in LJ as a 9th grader. She's the best athlete in the entire Washington clan.

No worries. Don't let the names fool you. Trust when I say Syracuse is sitting pretty.
So after he announces (wherever he goes) will you at last tell us who you are? I know you've told us several different who you arents, can't wait to find out who you are.

Secondly thanks for the calming words.

Thirdly, did you expect Bama to make Roberts top 6 even though they just seriously got involved?

Fourthly, Does the fact his sister has an opportunity to run T and F at one of his schools in his top 6 have any impact on him?

Fifthly,who was contacted by SU first? Robert or Asia?

So after he announces (wherever he goes) will you at last tell us who you are? I know you've told us several different who you arents, can't wait to find out who you are.

Secondly thanks for the calming words.

Thirdly, did you expect Bama to make Roberts top 6 even though they just seriously got involved?

Fourthly, Does the fact his sister has an opportunity to run T and F at one of his schools in his top 6 have any impact on him?

Fifthly,who was contacted by SU first? Robert or Asia?

First- I will

Second- No problem.

Third- They was always in the picture. He visited them in the 9th grade. It just became official when they started to focus on 2016 RB. He's 5'11 215 4.47 laser 40. It was expected

Fourth- Great question but I would lean on the obvious YES

Fifth- Robert (but Asia was the first to receive a college scholarship in the family)- not Syracuse

If he chooses Alabama or OSU or whatever other huge program jumps in here, I sincerely hope this board keeps its cool.

Let me say this. Every time I read something that says "big time" program I laugh a little. Trust me I get it but Syracuse is not chop liver. Syracuse has one of the best fan and alum support in the country. Along with outstanding and respected academics. The team plays in a good conference. Robert factors is going to come down to the fit, coaches relationship and where he feel comfortable being a student at. A record don't matter because we all know things can change with the right recruiting class

I just hope the administration is getting off their a$$es and getting that 44 down out of the rafters.
I'm hoping it doesn't come down to that. I really to would have to hate our administration if Washington goes elsewhere and it comes out later that's the reason.

Why? We all expected the next two to be OSU and ND anyways, based entirely on Bams input I assumed TCU was his last one.

Actually, if TCU isn't in the Top 6, I think that bodes the best for us against any scenario they are in.

First- I will

Second- No problem.

Third- They was always in the picture. He visited them in the 9th grade. It just became official when they started to focus on 2016 RB. He's 5'11 215 4.47 laser 40. It was expected

Fourth- Great question but I would lean on the obvious YES

Fifth- Robert (but Asia was the first to receive a college scholarship in the family)- not Syracuse
Thanks for the responses

I have to say I am completely stunned he put Bama in the top 6. They are stacked at running back for years to come. One of his top criteria for his top schools was playing time and not walking in behind a deep running back roster. Bama is very deep with top running backs. I guess if he is really comfortable with the staff and likes what the school has to offer it could push early play time to less important. I still don't think he picks Bama in the end but I never thought they would make the top six.

Syracuse is recruiting Asia for Track and Field as we speak. She jumped a 17 in LJ as a 9th grader. She's the best athlete in the entire Washington clan.

Nice to hear that Syracuse is recruiting Asia. Athletic, Smart and pretty. Did she get a chance to see any of the ACC T&F Indoor Championship? Might still be available on ESPN3.

Was just reading the comment on his tweet. 3 cuse people 3 Bama people. One of the Bama guys was insisting they should be number 1 on his list for turning rbs into NFL players. I really hope he picks one of the other schools. I would love to say Syracuse beat Bama in this one.

If he chooses Alabama or OSU or whatever other huge program jumps in here, I sincerely hope this board keeps its cool.

Could not agree more. We are the worst choice for on the field performance out of his list, by far. We have the best, or one of them, educations though... I stand pat that we need to offer #44 to get him.

I am glad to see the insider is thinking that might not be the case. Not sure why, but this kid is the one i want SU to get more than any other in a LONG time. That counts for hoops or football.

Actually, if TCU isn't in the Top 6, I think that bodes the best for us against any scenario they are in.
I may be reading this wrong but just in case: we all are aware TCU has already been named as one of his top 6, right?

Right now it's UNC, SU, TCU, and Bama.

I may be reading this wrong but just in case: we all are aware TCU has already been named as one of his top 6, right?

Right now it's UNC, SU, TCU, and Bama.

Ooops, I've lost track :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online