Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctor44 said:
Haskins recruiting is really going to play out though - i see maryland, the home team, being the early leader, but florida, LSU, Bama, penn state and ND are all in pursuit.

haskins is also close with stefan diggs' little brother (a big time recruit as well) - which also gives maryland an advantage

According to rutgirls fans, it's between the Terps and Rutgers.

Anyone who wondered why Cali Luv bailed on this thread should just read these last couple of pages
Exactly. It's kind of embarrassing, to be honest.

People with absolutely zero idea what's actually going on behind the scenes just heaping negativity all over the place. Really frustrating.

Will we land Robert? I can't say with any certainty. But we're in a very good spot.

for what its worth - i follow the 247-sports site pretty closely

when SU lands a relatively sought after 3*, most of the guys are way off. this time, their national director of recruiting has SU and the guys who most often get recruits right for michigan and bama have SU

the experts have no idea where hes going and so theres very little leak - Were not out of this yet!

for what its worth - i follow the 247-sports site pretty closely

when SU lands a relatively sought after 3*, most of the guys are way off. this time, their national director of recruiting has SU and the guys who most often get recruits right for michigan and bama have SU

the experts have no idea where hes going and so theres very little leak - Were not out of this yet!
We're not out of this at all.

Again - I don't know who he's going to pick. But everyone, please...trust me when I say we're very much in the thick of this. This is one instance when I know what I'm talking about.

We're not out of this at all.

Again - I don't know who he's going to pick. But everyone, please...trust me when I say we're very much in the thick of this. This is one instance when I know what I'm talking about.

I think everyone is just ready for the 25th. It's the most excited I've seen this board about a recruit since I've been here.

I've been optimistic about this but I just didn't like that last twitter comment, or that CaliLuv bailed. Along with the recent discussions about head coaches recruiting and I just got a bad vibe. Deciphering twitter comments can often be misinterpreted so hoping i'm way off. Come on Robert...Lets make it happen!

I have no information but i get a sense we are in this to the end. SU is a great fit for him as he is going to make it regardless of the school he picks. We have a great family being built and he would be the star no two ways about it. No chance he doesnt start from day one and no chance he doesnt shine. TCU seems so far away. With SU he gets the ACC and can play in front of his family often. Michigan just doesnt seem to fit. I think it comes down to SU or NC

I desperately want to believe Robert and Aapari are planning to play together wearing 44 & 22 but that article really makes me think it's not us

"It's been fun getting recruited by 'Cuse because their fans are crazy... and it's a school that I definitely felt belonged on the list."

That sounds like we were a courtesy.

What's unclear is whether the quotes on individual schools are new to this article or recycled from past interviews. If they're new we're dead.

Unless he's intentionally throwing us off the scent...

This is crazy. My head's gonna explode

Okay fellow Orange fans, as a longtime lurker, and native Syracusan, perhaps this might be the time to dip my toes into water for a change. I have spent most of my years since the '70's basking in the relatively balmy winters of southeast Texas and truly believe for the most part you my dear and faithful SU friends still living in the beautiful Finger Lakes region of CNY have only recently begun to remember that the thermostat does indeed eclipse 60 degrees from time to time now and again and that the sun may actually make even more than a cameo appearance from the recesses of our pre winter time memories seemingly from a long, long season ago. Therefore, I not only hope to infuse this thread with a hopeful and optimistic tone, I also believe it to be realistic and justified.

Having surveyed the landscape of Texas for most of my life, I am sure it would come as no surprise to you that in much of the Lone Star state the sport of football is so much like a factory that the joy of playing or working or achieving in this factory environment is not unlike working as a laborer in the Jamesville Rock Quarry, in the Crucible Steel foundry, or the Nettleton shoe factory back in the day. When only seen as a means to an end to earn a modest paycheck, the joy that could be here in Texas can be frequently robbed from the hearts of the men and boys here who put the fleeting glory of a Friday or Saturday football achievement ahead of some of the more meaningful and tangibly touching perhaps family moments in life.

I truly believe that what Scott Shaffer and his staff on the SU foootball team is doing for the football team and by default the whole of Syracuse University is not only admirable but also honorable and enduring. The entirety of SU's inclusion into the ACC just a short time ago, being on the cusp of hiring a new and visionary AD who when given a fresh start could do absolutely nothing more invigorating or exciting to the SU football factory (#8 according to the NFL Network in the NATION) than to plot a new and transcendent path to relevance and honor for his program by reaching back with ALL DUE RESPECT and restoring the 44 jersey to this storied football program. Also, with the camaraderie, sincerity, integrity and passion Scott Shaffer has for his football team and each one of his players individually, he transcends the game itself and will cause those who follow with him to achieve greatness now and in the game of life which follows.

The reason for this is ironic is because while the rest of SU nation may already long for the days of yesteryear like myself, the foundation for the success for the SU football program is already being made manifest right before our eyes. This is because our football house under the the guidance of a new and visionary Athletic Director, and the stewardship of our humble, transparent, open and gracious HCSS has what appears to me to be a cornerstone of being a true bonded family unit striving to achieve all they can do with no wasted effort or untapped potential yet motivated by a sincere coach's heart who makes the vision plain so they they who read it may run with it. The witness of our coach embodies all the traits of a true leader and family man for his wife and children, his coaches and players and even the Syracuse community. Even I loved Orangeyes from afar and appreciated that HCSS respected him and gave of himself and his time for our friend.

Perhaps instead of being merely the #8 football factory in the United States, we may be more appropriately known as the #1 family and football factory in the United States in the seasons to come. Talented football players with motivation and character like Mr. Robert Washington will always be drawn to the integral family football culture of what is being built at our great university, especially for a true man's man and coach like Scott Shaffer who will not stop believing in the very best of what he believes his men will achieve, just like any father would instill for his sons and for his daughters, These precepts do not come by cheaply, and not by mere words but through perseverance, humility, tenacity, vision, understanding and patience. While Texas may be known as a football factory state, I believe that Syracuse football will be known as a family first, football factory in the generations to come.

I believe that Mr. Washington recognizes how his transcendent talent may be made for such a time as this as it was also for The Express, Mr. Ernie Davis who will always be the first African American heisman trophy winner ever and who also followed arguably the greatest SU athlete and NFL running back of all time, Mr. Jim Brown. Who better to convey this message and bear witness to our football roots and family than our very own NFL great on the SU staff, but the incomparable Mr. Floyd Little? There is no university in America who can match what SU offers in esteem, past and future perspective legacy and education, and all in a very family oriented, football factory way in order to grow character first in order to allow our maximum potential to be reached by an understanding staff who cares to make a difference in the lives of the young men and family's who have put their trust in them. Their faith will be rewarded and the faith of RW and his family and friends may be rewarded also if they choose to follow this path of life for them. We welcome them with open arms because we are the Syracuse family and nothing will break our ties that bind us. It is good to be a family! Welcome home to all our future Syracuse football recruits!

By the way, I apologize for the long note but I have always liked the numerical relationship of the announcement date as well. 4+ (25+15)= 44, or 4+40=44! Go RW and go SU! #Restore44

Okay fellow Orange fans, as a longtime lurker, and native Syracusan, perhaps this might be the time to dip my toes into water for a change. I have spent most of my years since the '70's basking in the relatively balmy winters of southeast Texas and truly believe for the most part you my dear and faithful SU friends still living in the beautiful Finger Lakes region of CNY have only recently begun to remember that the thermostat does indeed eclipse 60 degrees from time to time now and again and that the sun may actually make even more than a cameo appearance from the recesses of our pre winter time memories seemingly from a long, long season ago. Therefore, I not only hope to infuse this thread with a hopeful and optimistic tone, I also believe it to be realistic and justified.

Having surveyed the landscape of Texas for most of my life, I am sure it would come as no surprise to you that in much of the Lone Star state the sport of football is so much like a factory that the joy of playing or working or achieving in this factory environment is not unlike working as a laborer in the Jamesville Rock Quarry, in the Crucible Steel foundry, or the Nettleton shoe factory back in the day. When only seen as a means to an end to earn a modest paycheck, the joy that could be here in Texas can be frequently robbed from the hearts of the men and boys here who put the fleeting glory of a Friday or Saturday football achievement ahead of some of the more meaningful and tangibly touching perhaps family moments in life.

I truly believe that what Scott Shaffer and his staff on the SU foootball team is doing for the football team and by default the whole of Syracuse University is not only admirable but also honorable and enduring. The entirety of SU's inclusion into the ACC just a short time ago, being on the cusp of hiring a new and visionary AD who when given a fresh start could do absolutely nothing more invigorating or exciting to the SU football factory (#8 according to the NFL Network in the NATION) than to plot a new and transcendent path to relevance and honor for his program by reaching back with ALL DUE RESPECT and restoring the 44 jersey to this storied football program. Also, with the camaraderie, sincerity, integrity and passion Scott Shaffer has for his football team and each one of his players individually, he transcends the game itself and will cause those who follow with him to achieve greatness now and in the game of life which follows.

The reason for this is ironic is because while the rest of SU nation may already long for the days of yesteryear like myself, the foundation for the success for the SU football program is already being made manifest right before our eyes. This is because our football house under the the guidance of a new and visionary Athletic Director, and the stewardship of our humble, transparent, open and gracious HCSS has what appears to me to be a cornerstone of being a true bonded family unit striving to achieve all they can do with no wasted effort or untapped potential yet motivated by a sincere coach's heart who makes the vision plain so they they who read it may run with it. The witness of our coach embodies all the traits of a true leader and family man for his wife and children, his coaches and players and even the Syracuse community. Even I loved Orangeyes from afar and appreciated that HCSS respected him and gave of himself and his time for our friend.

Perhaps instead of being merely the #8 football factory in the United States, we may be more appropriately known as the #1 family and football factory in the United States in the seasons to come. Talented football players with motivation and character like Mr. Robert Washington will always be drawn to the integral family football culture of what is being built at our great university, especially for a true man's man and coach like Scott Shaffer who will not stop believing in the very best of what he believes his men will achieve, just like any father would instill for his sons and for his daughters, These precepts do not come by cheaply, and not by mere words but through perseverance, humility, tenacity, vision, understanding and patience. While Texas may be known as a football factory state, I believe that Syracuse football will be known as a family first, football factory in the generations to come.

I believe that Mr. Washington recognizes how his transcendent talent may be made for such a time as this as it was also for The Express, Mr. Ernie Davis who will always be the first African American heisman trophy winner ever and who also followed arguably the greatest SU athlete and NFL running back of all time, Mr. Jim Brown. Who better to convey this message and bear witness to our football roots and family than our very own NFL great on the SU staff, but the incomparable Mr. Floyd Little? There is no university in America who can match what SU offers in esteem, past and future perspective legacy and education, and all in a very family oriented, football factory way in order to grow character first in order to allow our maximum potential to be reached by an understanding staff who cares to make a difference in the lives of the young men and family's who have put their trust in them. Their faith will be rewarded and the faith of RW and his family and friends may be rewarded also if they choose to follow this path of life for them. We welcome them with open arms because we are the Syracuse family and nothing will break our ties that bind us. It is good to be a family! Welcome home to all our future Syracuse football recruits!

By the way, I apologize for the long note but I have always liked the numerical relationship of the announcement date as well. 4+ (25+15)= 44, or 4+40=44! Go RW and go SU! #Restore44
Dude. Nice.

sufandu said:
So I'm curious. By what percentage has your likes to posts ratio increased solely due to this thread?

Whatever it is, it is well deserved. The man has put in some work with regard to representing the positive SU fan base, in writing articles and interviewing RW himself. I appreciate his efforts and if we are lucky enough to land RW, his efforts will have played at least a small part.

Whatever it is, it is well deserved. The man has put in some work with regard to representing the positive SU fan base, in writing articles and interviewing RW himself. I appreciate his efforts and if we are lucky enough to land RW, his efforts will have played at least a small part.
Now, now. I'm no hero. Please, stop, I don't accept PayPal donations unless everyone is really insistent.

Actually, scratch all of that, just in case he doesn't select SU, I'd rather avoid the torches and pitchforks.

Wow...great first post and WELCOME!

The negativity here, with people just absolutely reaching without having the slightest clue what's happening, cracks me up.

Will it be us? I don't know for sure. But we're in it just as much as anyone else. Trust me on this.

For all you negativity freaks out there, this is how it's done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom