Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Six finalists = 16% chance
Recent results in similar recruitments (past ten years) show even less success rate

So why is it blasphemous for one to put 'negative' opinion out there?

We have all heard about how we were the leader for top kids in the past five years, only to end up a brides maid time after time on decision day.

There has been an increase in quality and quantity depth, all I am saying is recent history does not favor us

What similar recruitments have we had where we were after a top 250/300ish kid who stated throughout his recruitment that we would definitely be among his finalists, where he named us first among his finalists and have also had a person close to him regularly posting up until a week ago or so where said person indicated he felt we were the leader?

And within a weeks time we go from being the leader to having a 1% chance to land him according to you? If you think that is a fair opinion, that's your prerogative, but I'd venture to guess that the vast majority of people would disagree with you.

He may not come here, and maybe the few interviews over the past few days are indicative of that. Maybe it's just smoke. Maybe it's just him playing the game. Maybe he's just incredibly polite. But to suggest that we aren't a player at any point during this kid's recruitment, based on what we all know, is over the top negativity.

No matter what you think about Washington's chances of coming to Syracuse, to suggest we have zero chance is basically calling this kid a liar. He's a really great kid, and extremely humble and honestly, wise beyond his years. He legitimately is. He's not going to blow smoke. If he says Syracuse has a good chance, then Syracuse has a good chance. Take him at his word, because his word is strong.

And again, approach this with positivity. Positive thinking goes a long way.

Last edited:
Six finalists = 16% chance
Recent results in similar recruitments (past ten years) show even less success rate

So why is it blasphemous for one to put 'negative' opinion out there?

We have all heard about how we were the leader for top kids in the past five years, only to end up a brides maid time after time on decision day.

There has been an increase in quality and quantity depth, all I am saying is recent history does not favor us

Its one thing to express a conflicting opinion be it uninformed or not but there is without a doubt some who tend to ride that side of the fence in every thread no matter what the board. It gets old and seems pointless to me. In this scenario there is clearly a great deal of informed input that tip the odds in SU's direction to being more favorable than a basic statistic. So quite honestly you just sound like you are either being purposely contrarian or just have a negative outlook regardless of the information available.

No matter what you think about Syracuse's chances of coming to Syracuse, to suggest we have zero chance is basically calling this kid a liar. He's a really great kid, and extremely humble and honestly, wise beyond his years. He legitimately is. He's not going to blow smoke. If he says Syracuse has a good chance, then Syracuse has a good chance. Take him at his word, because his word is strong.

I think Syracuse's chance of coming to Syracuse is 100% ... and that isn't just me being positive :)

I think Syracuse's chance of coming to Syracuse is 100% ... and that isn't just me being positive :)
I don't know what you're talking about, that's totally not what my post says, and by the way I also don't even know what the word "edited" means how dare you suggest anything untoward is going on here.

No matter what you think about Washington's chances of coming to Syracuse, to suggest we have zero chance is basically calling this kid a liar. He's a really great kid, and extremely humble and honestly, wise beyond his years. He legitimately is. He's not going to blow smoke. If he says Syracuse has a good chance, then Syracuse has a good chance. Take him at his word, because his word is strong.

Not calling him liar, we are one of six

Hopefully he changes our history with these types of recruitments

Hope is great

Just stating what our track record is, and why I felt that way

Will there be a posted final jekelish? If no, who do you believe are his top three?

Cuse TCU Florida?

Not calling him liar, we are one of six

Hopefully he changes our history with these types of recruitments

Hope is great

Just stating what our track record is, and why I felt that way

Will there be a posted final jekelish? If no, who do you believe are his top three?

Cuse TCU Florida?
I don't think it's getting cut down in the next week, from what I understand. I suppose that could change but I doubt it. And I'd probably swap in Michigan for Florida, but otherwise, that would be my guess at a top 3.

I don't think it's getting cut down in the next week, from what I understand. I suppose that could change but I doubt it. And I'd probably swap in Michigan for Florida, but otherwise, that would be my guess at a top 3.

If it's Michigan instead of Florida, I like our chances a whole hell of a lot better. Even if it's Florida, I still like our chances a lot. And since history's been thrown around a lot in this thread, history has recently had us beating Michigan and Florida for great recruits.

Which would be 2 central time to match tcu's finishing spot...

But, since the whole country is interested in RW's commitment:

EST - 3pm
CST - 2pm
Arizona MST - 2pm (Most of Arizona does not observe DST
PST - 12pm
Alaska - 11am
Hawaii - 10 am
US Virgin Islands - 4pm

3+2+2+12+11+10+4 = .....44!

Last edited:

EST - 3pm
CST - 2pm
PST - 12pm
Alaska - 11am
Hawaii - 10 am
Puerto Rico/US Virgin Islands - 4pm

3+2+2+12+11+10+4 = ...44!
You guys are really searching aren't you? Haha

EST - 3pm
CST - 2pm
PST - 12pm
Alaska - 11am
Hawaii - 10 am

Lmao now we're reaching

EST - 3pm
CST - 2pm
PST - 12pm
Alaska - 11am
Hawaii - 10 am

Sorry to throw off your numbers but Puerto Rico time is the same as EST. I just got back from vacationing there...it's an enchanting place.

Sorry to throw off your numbers but Puerto Rico time is the same as EST. I just got back from vacationing there...it's an enchanting place.

Buzzkill.

I read that they and US Virgin Islands use Atlantic Coast Time. I'll change it to US Virgin Islands.

BTW, may be a great place to vacation but hope you never have to do business down there.

Buzzkill.

I read that they and US Virgin Islands use Atlantic Coast Time. I'll change it to US Virgin Islands.

BTW, may be a great place to vacation but hope you never have to do business down there.
Honeymooned at The GrandPalazzo/Ritz Carlton in St. Thomas. Awesome place. Enjoyed St. John's as well.

Did you make it to Vieques? I just got a week ago.

I don't totally disagree with the "let guys earn it" thing. I think if we have #44 open (and we shouldn't just be giving it away every recruiting cycle), and someone emerges as an All-ACC type running back, I'm totally cool with them offering it to a guy like that for his junior/senior year. That being said, the history of the number is as a recruiting tool, and when we have someone with the potential of a Washington, pull the trigger.

You guys...

ROBERT = 6
WASHINGTON = 10
JUNIOR = 6

6+10+6 = 22...which is half of 44! Quick, someone find a way to double it that makes at least moderate sense!

We are recruiting 2 Washington's for football and it will be a double commit? :noidea: Or Robert and Asia will commit being from the same father...x 2... or... he plans to bring 22 more friends with him after the commit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom