Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get Womack, that will be 2 for 2 against Michigan. I like our odds against them.

Wish KJ could've gotten his life together, could've used him. :bang:

Especially after we get Haskins along with Washington :rolleyes:

Long/Dungey/Haskins
Strickland/Washington/etc.
Erv/Ish/Kj
Custis/Dunk/Enoicy etc.

oh my jeebus.

If we get Womack, that will be 2 for 2 against Michigan. I like our odds against them.

Well, if they (the Wolverines) don't offer him a scholarship, it's not the same thing as a true head to head recruiting victory.

I think the guys are confusing you by talking about Womack in the Washington thread.

Well, if they (the Wolverines) don't offer him a scholarship, it's not the same thing as a true head to head recruiting victory.

The only ones saying they aren't offering him a scholarship are posters on their board speculating. These were the same posters who said that Harbaugh may have pulled the offer to Pickard and it's why he picked us, and we all know that was garbage.

The only ones saying they aren't offering him a scholarship are posters on their board speculating. These were the same posters who said that Harbaugh may have pulled the offer to Pickard and it's why he picked us, and we all know that was garbage.
Well, in fairness to them as well, Scout has him listed as having offers from SU and Eastern Michigan, but not Michigan.

would be 3 for 4. O'Korn to UM, Womack, Pickard, Troy Henderson for us

So yesterday Robert had posted on twitter he isnt a power back or a speed back. So i figured Id go back and watch his highlights again. I found it pretty funny in his first 6 clips he has examples of being just that. In his second clip on a 68 yard td run he just flat out runs past the defenders then pulls away from the ones chasing him. In his third clip he has a short run for a td but he plants and cuts and completely breaks that kids ankles. In his fifth clip he gets to the line and gets met by it looks like a linebacker powers his way through him and runs 48 yards for the td. At the 2 min mark he puts it all together...in a 72 yard td run he cuts away from one tackle powers through 2 tackles then runs away from the secondary hurdling a defender diving at his legs .

Yeah, so he said he is a versatile every down back that would do whatever his team needed him to do, whether that is as a power back, a speed back, a pass catching back, or a blocking back. Great attitiude to have, especially for such a coveted recruit.

Well I'm glad to see it hasn't taken Ohio State fans long to get negative and tell me on Twitter there's no way Robert ends up at SU. I guess they must know more than anyone else.

I'm always amazed at how insecure some fans from the power schools can be. I'm sure if Mr Washington chooses to not attend OSU they will somehow manage to find another talented RB to offer and move on. The magnitude of this particular recruit certainly is a lot larger for SU vs OSU.

Not sure if CaliLuv808 is still following this thread but curious why Robert seemingly has more interest in UNC vs other in state programs like Duke, or NC State?

I'm always amazed at how insecure some fans from the power schools can be. I'm sure if Mr Washington chooses to not attend OSU they will somehow manage to find another talented RB to offer and move on. The magnitude of this particular recruit certainly is a lot larger for SU vs OSU.

This is the key point, and the one that gives me hope. Mr. Washington realizes this fact as well. He can be another name at FSU / OSU / ND / Alabama or wherever. Here at SU he has the potential to become the next great RB in a truly storied list that maybe only 1 or 2 other schools can match in the HISTORY of football. This fact is what gets me excited about our chances. He can be THE DUDE here - not only while he is playing, but also for years and possibly even generations to come, depending on if he performs up to the hype. I hope he does take this chance at creating a legacy amongst some of the greatest of all times.

Or he may just want the Syracuse degree over those options. The Syracuse total package is what could be appealing here. A great degree if he wants management or business if he wants communications it doesnt get any better. He gets a football team that needs his talents early. A team on the rise and can be a huge part of the country saying he helped bring back a program. If he gets the 44 he gets to be part of a legend. He gets to play in the dome. And he gets to go home to play a couple times a year.

B9rNsrKCQAEIvEG.jpg:large

Not sure if CaliLuv808 is still following this thread but curious why Robert seemingly has more interest in UNC vs other in state programs like Duke, or NC State?

Location is really not a concern for him. He likes North Carolina and Wake Forest instate. Robert stance has always been he will go to the best fit for him. He has his parents full support in that thinking. He may move back his commit date to slow things down a little. He's only publicly released 2 schools UNC and Syracuse.

Some of the new staff's have reached out from Michigan to Florida. So he wants to give them a chance. His thinking is he will never rule out a school until he gives the coaching staff a fair chance to recruit him. Robert is exploring the full recruiting process. Which has frustrated the media because they can't predict or report what he's thinking. His parents want him to enjoy the process with no limits. It's too much pressure put on these recruits these day. Hey you only live once and this decision is a life changing decision. So why not do it your way because the reality is it's the recruits life.

Let me put to rest any doubt and for people who have figured me out by now know what I'm about to say is legit as it comes. Syracuse has a very realistic chance to land him. Robert doesn't care about the name of the program. He wants to make a difference at a program not be another number. He loves the potential challenge of wearing #44. Some may not want that pressure but some may. He's one of them that welcomes the pressure.

I've read a few post about maybe the current RB's or teammates will feel a certain way about Robert "if given" wearing #44. Robert's not that type of kid he's a great person and great team mate. He's not a "Me guy" or "Diva".He's all about team and winning. If any kid has a problem with him after going to battle on the field with him that's probably a personal issue. If it takes sharing carries with others to win more games sign him up. But he's also not opposed to carrying the rock 30 times to help the team. He will do whatever it takes to win. It's games this season he carried the ball 8 times and some 30. As long as a Win is at the start of the stat sheet.

Hey you only live once and this decision is a life changing decision. So why not do it your way because the reality is it's the recruits life.
That's the most important thing to remember too, and it gets lost in the shuffle. It's fun for us as fans but at the end of the day, we have to stop and remember that it's just rooting for a team for us. For recruits, it's the most important choice of their young lives.

Location is really not a concern for him. He likes North Carolina and Wake Forest instate. Robert stance has always been he will go to the best fit for him. He has his parents full support in that thinking. He may move back his commit date to slow things down a little. He's only publicly released 2 schools UNC and Syracuse.

Some of the new staff's have reached out from Michigan to Florida. So he wants to give them a chance. His thinking is he will never rule out a school until he gives the coaching staff a fair chance to recruit him. Robert is exploring the full recruiting process. Which has frustrated the media because they can't predict or report what he's thinking. His parents want him to enjoy the process with no limits. It's too much pressure put on these recruits these day. Hey you only live once and this decision is a life changing decision. So why not do it your way because the reality is it's the recruits life.

Let me put to rest any doubt and for people who have figured me out by now know what I'm about to say is legit as it comes. Syracuse has a very realistic chance to land him. Robert doesn't care about the name of the program. He wants to make a difference at a program not be another number. He loves the potential challenge of wearing #44. Some may not want that pressure but some may. He's one of them that welcomes the pressure.

I've read a few post about maybe the current RB's or teammates will feel a certain way about Robert "if given" wearing #44. Robert's not that type of kid he's a great person and great team mate. He's not a "Me guy" or "Diva".He's all about team and winning. If any kid has a problem with him after going to battle on the field with him that's probably a personal issue. If it takes sharing carries with others to win more games sign him up. But he's also not opposed to carrying the rock 30 times to help the team. He will do whatever it takes to win. It's games this season he carried the ball 8 times and some 30. As long as a Win is at the start of the stat sheet.

There is so much awesome in this post I am not sure where to start. I will say that most of it has zero to do with your comment about Syracuse having a great chance. As someone who runs a mentor-ship program for young professionals seeking a path into the corporate world, this way of thinking and having a process to making a critical life decision is just so refreshing to hear. As alums like myself or even just fans who have supported the program for so long it is humbling when you have such a high character individual entertaining the prospect of coming to Syracuse. While I can certainly say that I enjoyed the social elements of being at SU, I can also say it gave me so much to help me in my career. That is something that every student or student/athlete should take the time to think about as the decision is one that is life altering. The more I read and learn about RW, the more I only wish him success in whatever his decision is knowing it will be one made with a great deal of thought put into it and likely be a great decision whatever it is. I notice a trend across a lot of the incoming recruits regarding some of these traits and think its just flat out awesome.

I also have to say thank you for sharing your insights. It is incredible to have such input and it is truly valued and is a wonderful thing to be able to come over and be so informed on a lunch break or working on a project in the middle of the night ..ha ha.

As much as I would love for him to say next month I'm going to syracuse nobody call me any more... I believe what you say he is doing is the right way to go. He needs to explore what's available to him. As a parent I would want my son to do the same. RW has a lot of options available.

Now to the syracuse fans I wouldn't worry about this. This kid is big on education and values his degree he is going to get. That puts syracuse above 90 percent of the programs. He seems to be from a great family I've read a lot about him and his cousin. Not one person has said a bad thing. I beleive he will want to go to a coaching staff that will continue guiding him in the right direction... Again this puts syracuse in the top of the 10 percent left. Let's call it 2 percent of the 80 offers so it's between us and 1 other school. Lol. But seriously I beleive as long as he takes an offical and gets to spend some quality time with the staff he will choose Cuse. This is one time you have to feel from everything you can find on the kid... That the name, the recent past, and what everyone else thinks doesn't matter.

Plus all we have to do is #restore44

Excellent post.

CaliLuv808 said:
Location is really not a concern for him. He likes North Carolina and Wake Forest instate. Robert stance has always been he will go to the best fit for him. He has his parents full support in that thinking. He may move back his commit date to slow things down a little. He's only publicly released 2 schools UNC and Syracuse. Some of the new staff's have reached out from Michigan to Florida. So he wants to give them a chance. His thinking is he will never rule out a school until he gives the coaching staff a fair chance to recruit him. Robert is exploring the full recruiting process. Which has frustrated the media because they can't predict or report what he's thinking. His parents want him to enjoy the process with no limits. It's too much pressure put on these recruits these day. Hey you only live once and this decision is a life changing decision. So why not do it your way because the reality is it's the recruits life. Let me put to rest any doubt and for people who have figured me out by now know what I'm about to say is legit as it comes. Syracuse has a very realistic chance to land him. Robert doesn't care about the name of the program. He wants to make a difference at a program not be another number. He loves the potential challenge of wearing #44. Some may not want that pressure but some may. He's one of them that welcomes the pressure. I've read a few post about maybe the current RB's or teammates will feel a certain way about Robert "if given" wearing #44. Robert's not that type of kid he's a great person and great team mate. He's not a "Me guy" or "Diva".He's all about team and winning. If any kid has a problem with him after going to battle on the field with him that's probably a personal issue. If it takes sharing carries with others to win more games sign him up. But he's also not opposed to carrying the rock 30 times to help the team. He will do whatever it takes to win. It's games this season he carried the ball 8 times and some 30. As long as a Win is at the start of the stat sheet.

The more I hear, the more I respect the kid. Sounds like he is going about it the right way and that his parents are awesome.

Thanks for the insight!

Any idea of what he might want to study in college? While SU is strong across the board academically, some programs are at or near the top of their field. (Please say communications, please say communications, please say communications) The more I hear about RW (awesome initials btw), the more I think that he is exactly the recruit that this program needs in a variety of ways. Excellent point about the recruiting process being for the benefit of the recruit and their family. We fans are just along for the ride. As far as Restore44 goes, everyday I get more and more excited about it. Bam, I'm enjoying your daily Twitter campaign to bring it back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom