Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 120 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
As mentioned...this was not BR fault. Watch the skype interview from like an hr ago. He clearly picked Florida...he pulled the okey doke of all okey dokes...Watch the interview...funny in hindsight...he grins as he says he wants to thank all 44 schools...

From 247 Sports:

Four-star running back Robert Washington committed to Florida in an exclusive video interview with Bleacher Report, then announced at a commitment ceremony about 20 minutes after the video went live that he was committing to Syracuse.

Sources informed GatorBait.net that Washington's initial commitment came as a complete surprise to the Florida staff, with communication non-existent between the two over the past few days.

Washington has not yet visited Florida's campus, and the Gators staff has not yet spent an evaluation day seeing Washington, though they considered doing so on Friday. Sources told GatorBait.net that the staff did not use that visit because they did not feel good about their chances for the 5-foot-10, 210-pound back.

In the increasingly bizarre world of recruiting, Washington's last-minute switch to Syracuse -- after filming a segment announcing a commitment to Florida -- ranks as one of the craziest flips yet.

The PS was suppose to have a videographer there for the announcement so hopefully there will be video coming out soon.

Can't tell if I find it good news or questionable news that it wasn't SU earlier in the week until a change of heart. Whoever got to him THursday night/Friday morning, GOOD JOB! Maybe he had a 44 dream?

"Submitted for your consideration. There is a fifth dimension, no sight, no sound, where strange things occur like out of body out of mind experience. We like to call it the twilight (end) zone. Submitted for your approval the next 20 minutes will be interesting to say the least."
Happened too quickly way too quickly ...let everyone off easily. Beats the overused cap switching. Brilliant.

I'd much rather have him committed to us pretty solidly now, helping us to recruit for this class, enrolling early, and taking all of his 5 visits than to have him committed to someone else and taking all 5 of his visits.

Holy crap! As you guys know, I'm much more of a hoops poster but I love the football program, graduated in 1993 and Bleed Orange. I lurk on this board and the football board and have been reading this thread nonstop like all of you other lunatics. I was so bummed about the original reports and was typing a long message. Then I find out RW is Orange! I'm so freaking pumped!

I literally (and I use that adverb correctly) got goose bumps when I read he's ours.

Is it cool enough tonight in NJ to wear my Orange '56 Jim Brown throwback? I'm going out to watch a sports bar to UFC. I think I can sweat a little; Washington gave us enough of a sweat already. What's a little perspiration going to do?:E:E:E:E:E:E:E

BOOM!

4110713+_96468edfd5c51485680644a8e75fbe50.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online