Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 147 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say they got in trouble you're being facetious, right? ;)
Nope they got fined for a recruiting violation. Syracuse did to the same year for bit controlling the media when a camera caught a picture of a kid at a game in the stands

I'm not ashamed to admit that I had to look up what "on fleek" means.
I work closely with high schoolers...

Secondly use the lingo when keeping in touch with the recruits, especially the sophomore / class of 2017 kids, they seem more drawn to it than their slightly older counterparts.

What a dick:

A week later they're still crying about it.

The bigger issue with UF is that they're not having the overall success that they are used to and the new regime has lost several recruitment battles and to schools they're not used to losing to, including SU. Right now, they have as many 4-stars as we do.

Why would he tell him to publish it early? Something is very very strange here.
Seems he wanted to have a little fun with all the fans and recruiting services. If that's what actually happened, and for a kid who seems really mature and respectful, it's a pretty low move to make.

I really do believe half of the people here have blocked me lol. I explained this whole thing a dozen pages ago.
You did, around page 95... however, I think I'm being a little dense.. Can't figure if this was:
  • BR trying to save face and make themselves look better at the expense of RW's reputation? Seems plausible considering it's BR.
  • RW trying to troll the hell out of a fanbase and have fun with the announcement.
I can't believe that with a live announcement he would tell BR to post it 10 mins early, so it would seem BR is lying. That said, I was a bit confused with RW saying that it was his mistake.

My take, based on your posts, as to how this played out:
  1. RW decided on Syracuse a week or so before the commitment date.
  2. RW's pops accidentally tipped the cap to Bailey the Wednesday before the commitment, not expecting Bailey to quote him, and Bailey released the article.
  3. In order to preserve the significance and shock value of the commitment, RW had to publicly alienate his father until decision day and his father back-peddled on his comments starting a spat with Bailey.
  4. As a result of all this, RW and his peoples devised a plan to gain more attention to the fact he chose SU.
  5. Step 1 of Plan - Record the commitment to Fla for BR. This seemed highly unusual because he kept his entire recruitment very close to the vest.
  6. Step 2 of Plan - where the road forks:
    1. RW told BR to hold the commitment video until after his public announcement (why would he tell them to release it before because it doesn't make sense to hold a live commitment ceremony with the info already public). He figured no harm no foul because after the live commitment to SU, BR just wouldn't public the Fla commitment video and no harm no foul. BR tried to jump the gun and released the video early in order to drum up clicks (dumb move). RW commits to SU live at the ceremony and, because the kid is of such high character, falls on the sword for BR, claiming fault for the erroneous video commitment.
    2. RW told BR to post the commitment video 10 mins before his live commitment ceremony in order to troll world. BR stupidly does release the video. So BR proves to the world what everyone already knows... they'll post anything to drum up clicks... and instead of using common sense and preserving their journalistic integrity by waiting a mere extra 10 mins in the grand scheme of things for verification of the commitment from the live commitment, they got trolled along with everyone else. Further, instead of just apologizing for getting trolled, they point the finger at RW. Classy organization.

I don't think we really need to go diving through this looking for "clues" or anything like that, personally. I just posted that tweet because I thought it was hilarious sour grapes, not to spark a big discussion.

RW is ours, so why don't we just focus on that?

A week later they're still crying about it.

The bigger issue with UF is that they're not having the overall success that they are used to and the new regime has lost several recruitment battles and to schools they're not used to losing to, including SU. Right now, they have as many 4-stars as we do.
I would expect nothing less.

You did, around page 95... however, I think I'm being a little dense.. Can't figure if this was:
  • BR trying to save face and make themselves look better at the expense of RW's reputation? Seems plausible considering it's BR.
  • RW trying to troll the hell out of a fanbase and have fun with the announcement.
I can't believe that with a live announcement he would tell BR to post it 10 mins early, so it would seem BR is lying. That said, I was a bit confused with RW saying that it was his mistake.

My take, based on your posts, as to how this played out:
  1. RW decided on Syracuse a week or so before the commitment date.
  2. RW's pops accidentally tipped the cap to Bailey the Wednesday before the commitment, not expecting Bailey to quote him, and Bailey released the article.
  3. In order to preserve the significance and shock value of the commitment, RW had to publicly alienate his father until decision day and his father back-peddled on his comments starting a spat with Bailey.
  4. As a result of all this, RW and his peoples devised a plan to gain more attention to the fact he chose SU.
  5. Step 1 of Plan - Record the commitment to Fla for BR. This seemed highly unusual because he kept his entire recruitment very close to the vest.
  6. Step 2 of Plan - where the road forks:
    1. RW told BR to hold the commitment video until after his public announcement (why would he tell them to release it before because it doesn't make sense to hold a live commitment ceremony with the info already public). He figured no harm no foul because after the live commitment to SU, BR just wouldn't public the Fla commitment video and no harm no foul. BR tried to jump the gun and released the video early in order to drum up clicks (dumb move). RW commits to SU live at the ceremony and, because the kid is of such high character, falls on the sword for BR, claiming fault for the erroneous video commitment.
    2. RW told BR to post the commitment video 10 mins before his live commitment ceremony in order to troll world. BR stupidly does release the video. So BR proves to the world what everyone already knows... they'll post anything to drum up clicks... and instead of using common sense and preserving their journalistic integrity by waiting a mere extra 10 mins in the grand scheme of things for verification of the commitment from the live commitment, they got trolled along with everyone else. Further, instead of just apologizing for getting trolled, they point the finger at RW. Classy organization.

Reeks of absolute awesomeness.

I don't think we really need to go diving through this looking for "clues" or anything like that, personally. I just posted that tweet because I thought it was hilarious sour grapes, not to spark a big discussion.

RW is ours, so why don't we just focus on that?
I can respect that. Wasn't trying to turn it into a big ordeal, was just asking for clarity. I'm fine letting it be though. More than happy enough that we have RW in the fold and hopefully we can score some of his buddies as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom