Class of 2015 - RB Tyrone Perkins (NY) Signed LOI | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Tyrone Perkins (NY) Signed LOI

It is a huge piece. Lester's offense is all about mismatches for the hybrid/slot/swing. These types of players can create absolute fits for a D if used correctly.

Get quick, speedy athletes all over the field.
Much like how WVU used Tavon Austin his senior year. Minus the Pinstripe Bowl.

Two things:

1) The H is going to need to block, a lot, as well as run and catch.

2) More than one coach thinks Fredericksburg could be the best RB coming in.

I got a good chuckle out of that. And also kinda like it.

Could become more apropos should he run over and around some wa-hoos (or ya-hoos or whatever other nickname Virginia goes by) this year.

My Ipad autocorrected to Fredericksburg, I actually dig it.
As long as his carries don't get stopped almost as soon as they start...

As long as the plans to use him are well-conceived but horribly executed...

I can keep making Civil War jokes all day.

Go watch the Perkins tape again, he looks like a perfect fit for the hybrid. If he returns to form from the knee injury he's good. His tape is nice; speed, vision, jukes, cutbacks. i love this kid. no matter that level of comp he's powerful, explosive, nice burst, vision and love the wiggle. he looks pretty smooth running the ball. natural.

Perkins has always been my favorite of the highlight tapes in terms of his natural ability.

edit

Two things:

1) The H is going to need to block, a lot, as well as run and catch.

2) More than one coach thinks Fredericksburg could be the best RB coming in.
Ive always thought Fredricks was the best overall back coming in. Now he has to prove it.

Ive always thought Fredricks was the best overall back coming in. Now he has to prove it.
Next year, I believe there will be 4 scholarship RB's and 5 scholarship H's. I also think we'll be represented well in the Secondary.

Next year, I believe there will be 4 scholarship RB's and 5 scholarship H's. I also think we'll be represented well in the Secondary.

My guess would be Washington, Morris, McFarlane, Fredericks at RB. And Lewis, Perkins, Estime, Phillips, RECRUIT at H-back. Meaning Strickland should be moved to safety, which would immediately bolster that position.

My guess would be Washington, Morris, McFarlane, Fredericks at RB. And Lewis, Perkins, Estime, Phillips, RECRUIT at H-back. Meaning Strickland should be moved to safety, which would immediately bolster that position.
Estime's a WR - just something to keep in mind.

I'd put money on one or more of Morris/McFarlane taking a degree and moving on after this season.

SUFan44 said:

And 2016 D.Stubbs from GA, and possibly 2016 Moe Neal - both at H-back.

What I seem to be gathering in Lester's offense is that in a pinch that a good portion of the H-Backs could be move to RB if they need to and a few of them could be moved to WR if necessary.

Or just call plays and formations to put those particular players in those positions.

I am excited to see what we can do with it and what the kids can do in it.

SUFan44 said:
My preference out of those would be: RB: Strickland, Washington, Fredericks, Morris, McFarlane HB: Erv, Neal, Lewis (actually rather see him at WR, but no room) Stubbs CB: Estime SS: Perkins

I'm most interested to see how Custis and Enoicy are used. Will they be TE at times, or WR's. We actually have an advantage with their size, hopefully Lester can find a way to utilize it.

My preference out of those would be: RB: Strickland, Washington, Fredericks, Morris, McFarlane HB: Erv, Neal, Lewis (actually rather see him at WR, but no room) Stubbs CB: Estime SS: Perkins

I'm most interested to see how Custis and Enoicy are used. Will they be TE at times, or WR's. We actually have an advantage with their size, hopefully Lester can find a way to utilize it.
Thinking Custis to be used as a Wide receiver and red zone target and Enoicy as a TE who can attack the middle.

It's definitely going to be interesting to see how the skill position players are utilized this year. I'm really excited about all of the guys, though not many are proven entities.

Lester needs to figure out a way to get them the ball in a position to take advantage of their skill sets. That's one of the biggest problems McDonald had - he did not understand how to do this effectively.

I think Custis & Enoicy are going to be used as Hybrid WR/TE's...line them up for mismatches wherever. I really feel that is what Lester is trying to accomplish the most, just create mismatches wherever he can as often as he can. That is how you attack defenses in college.

I think Custis & Enoicy are going to be used as Hybrid WR/TE's...line them up for mismatches wherever. I really feel that is what Lester is trying to accomplish the most, just create mismatches wherever he can as often as he can. That is how you attack defenses in college.

Not too many linebackers could keep up with them...All about routes and how well they are run.

Not too many linebackers could keep up with them...All about routes and how well they are run.
Why have this discussion on the recruiting board? These guys are now curent players. Start these discussion s on the football oars where they belong it would certainly would make that board less awful to read and that's where they belong any how.

Why have this discussion on the recruiting board? These guys are now curent players. Start these discussion s on the football oars where they belong it would certainly would make that board less awful to read and that's where they belong any how.

I think that is why the discussions stay here. There are quite a large collection of posters who never have anything positive to say about anything regarding the program. When anyone attempts to make a post that might even have a hint of a positive tone to it, the positive post & poster is swarmed by negativity from a regular group of posters.

I understand that the program has been very low in the recent past, and it has bounced around as a lower level p5 program. I also understand how a person can become cynical toward perceived improvement, without hard evidence. However, I really wonder why some of those posters are even fans of the program, when they don't really have anything good to say about it. Where is the optimism that is typically related to college sports?

Maybe it is just me, but I always thought that one of the things that made college sports so much fun to enjoy, is the eternal optimism of being a fan and having new kids come in and make an impact. Every year, teams make big improvements, so it is always possible. Roughly 20-25% of a football team changes in any given year. This makes every team it's own entity.

I spent enough years in a pessimistic environment, and I have consciously made a decision to live whatever future years I have left in an optimistic environment. Because of this, I spend very little time on the football board anymore, because the repetitive pessimism is an emotional drag. I think this conversation is perfectly fine on this board.

I also know that the haters will storm over hear in an epic swarm of pessimism and shout this post down, but so be it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom