Reading the Oronde Tea Leaves… | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Reading the Oronde Tea Leaves…

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so frustrating year after year, 2 weeks in and devastated by injury, OG, Wohl, Trebor, More, Ellis. Maybe we get More, Ellis and Trebor back. Wohl is not coming back and it seems OG's season is jeopardy if he has a high ankle sprain

More and Ellis will be back, More especially is close. Pena I have no idea but it's definitely a lot longer then Dino initiated prior to Gate. Unfortunately it's the same thing year in and year out with injuries.

More and Ellis will be back, More especially is close. Pena I have no idea but it's definitely a lot longer then Dino initiated prior to Gate. Unfortunately it's the same thing year in and year out with injuries.
it’s ridiculous. Maybe Wildhack should throw some funding into player rehab/recovery and medical staff. Team is already an infirmary before the meat of the schedule.

This is so frustrating year after year, 2 weeks in and devastated by injury, OG, Wohl, Trebor, More, Ellis. Maybe we get More, Ellis and Trebor back. Wohl is not coming back and it seems OG's season is jeopardy if he has a high ankle sprain
If we ever open with teams as bad as Colgate and WMU again, should we just play the 2’s and 3’s and treat them like exhibitions? Let our backups take the inevitable injuries, get the W’s anyway, and bring our best guys out when the real games start?

Maybe I’m wrong, but I think the wolverine guy/trainer has accounted for some injuries. This is the most injury prone team I’ve ever seen since he’s been on staff. There has to be some sort of issue on how they are training. I know some of these are weird “football” injuries but something doesn’t add up

If we ever open with teams as bad as Colgate and WMU again, should we just play the 2’s and 3’s and treat them like exhibitions? Let our backups take the inevitable injuries, get the W’s anyway, and bring our best guys out when the real games start?

More and Ellis didn't even play against Colgate.

Maybe we should just skip training camp and tell everyone to show up the week before Labor Day.

4 guys got hurt in camp, three should be back. Two guys have gotten hurt in two games. One should be back.

There is nothing unique about that. Every program has guys miss games or be lost for the season.

And the program is much better positioned to absorb the INEVITABLE injuries.

I’m not saying they aren’t going to miss a beat, and the current OL situation might be too much to overcome this next game, but the season is far from derailed.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I think the wolverine guy/trainer has accounted for some injuries. This is the most injury prone team I’ve ever seen since he’s been on staff. There has to be some sort of issue on how they are training. I know some of these are weird “football” injuries but something doesn’t add up
I swear some people don’t really follow this sport or have any context beyond this team.

More and Ellis are both out this week
Truthfully, it might be better to maintain the same OL lineup at the end of the last game with Petry than trying to acclimate guys back in at Purdue. Home against Army would seem to be a much better time for that.

More and Ellis didn't even play against Colgate.

Maybe we should just skip training camp and tell everyone to show up the week before Labor Day.
……I’m in!

We’re never going to out-meathead the big boys. If we’ve got 20 good players, they’ll have 40.

Finding a way to keep our good players from getting hurt in summer practice or against scrub teams just might be against the grain enough to slip by and give us a shot against all meathead big boys?

Or we can keep running out of good players and going 0-4 in November every year.

*Shrug*

Good lord
I’m sorry, is this a bad idea? Because our seasons continue to get derailed by injuries.

You keep bringing up the fact that other schools deal with injuries, but I know for a fact that a lot of them continue to make bowl games and have success. If you can’t find depth maybe try to improve other parts of your program.

You’re out here critiquing every comment, and just saying “oh let’s roll over and die and let it ruin our season.”

Sorry for asking questions.

Truthfully, it might be better to maintain the same OL lineup at the end of the last game with Petry than trying to acclimate guys back in at Purdue. Home against Army would seem to be a much better time for that.
I would have thought someone like More who has played in 40 something games would have handled the situation fine. Now we have an unknown from a production standpoint making his first start on the road at night. Can’t help to be frustrated we lost OG and Wohlobaugh to WMU in 1H of play.

I’m sorry, is this a bad idea? Because our seasons continue to get derailed by injuries.

You keep bringing up the fact that other schools deal with injuries, but I know for a fact that a lot of them continue to make bowl games and have success. If you can’t find depth maybe try to improve other parts of your program.

You’re out here critiquing every comment, and just saying “oh let’s roll over and die and let it ruin our season.”

Other schools have injuries too they just have another, young, hungry, 4 star, waiting for their chance backing them up. We don’t have that luxury with that kind of depth at most positions.

Defense is going to have to play its ass off. And I have no problem riding with this group.

I think we win and next week is much easier than most think.

4 guys got hurt in camp, three should be back. Two guys have gotten hurt in two games. One should be back.

There is nothing unique about that. Every program has guys miss games or be lost for the season.

And the program is much better positioned to absorb the INEVITABLE injuries.

I’m not saying they aren’t going to miss a beat, and the current OL situation might be too much to overcome this next game, but the season is far from derailed.
Impossible! Syracuse is the only team to ever see injuries!

So you’re saying babers would say out starting RT would be out for the year and not Og? It’s obvious he’s not playing purdue, so gamesmanship is out the window. I’d guess 4 games.

So you’re saying babers would say out starting RT would be out for the year and not Og? It’s obvious he’s not playing purdue, so gamesmanship is out the window. I’d guess 4 games.
I don’t think opponents will spend much time scheming for an OL like Whol but they’ll
need to spend time on OG if they think he may play.

Dino knows this

I don’t think opponents will spend much time scheming for an OL like Whol but they’ll
need to spend time on OG if they think he may play.

Dino knows this
My point is purdue knows he isn’t playing and they also have a definite scheme advantage of a tackle isn’t playing (albeit lesser so than no OG).

None of these injuries have anything to do with the strength and conditioning program as far as we know. A point of emphasis after last season was to do what they could to improve recovery capability.

You can see some of it already. I think the ol’ are all wearing braces, but that’s not a guarantee. They have anybody with lower leg injuries immediately in a boot. They are putting more into recovery facilities and personnel.

And they are already addressing the issue of the impact of injuries the only real way you can, by improving the roster. On defense they are mitigating the risk by playing 22 guys.

the issue I have is the notion that the program is doing something wrong and the actual injuries are a result, which there is no evidence of.

Status
Not open for further replies.