Reality is, Dino ain’t it. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Reality is, Dino ain’t it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Dino is good but with this schedule we are going to win 8 games.

Posted in the other thread —

I was hoping for 4-0 or 3-1 in the first four games. We got four.

I’m expecting 0-3 or 1-2 in these three.

Expect 4-1 or 3-2 in the last five.

So we’re on track. But it’s so frustrating watching how we lost this game.

Nowhere near the reason they lost. Clemson scored 10 points in the second half. The defense played well today and the score won't show that. This falls on the offense.
Oh it was absolutely near. We threw three stupid Hail Marys. No time off the clock. Then kicked it. No points. They get the ball and have all the time they need from mid field to score 7. Should have run three times, used the clock, assess where we are on fourth down and either take the full clock to punt or attempt the fg IF we didn’t get the first down. Then they get the ball with what? A minute left in the half deep in their own zone. Changes the entire dynamic into the second half

Last edited:
What coach would you guys wanna bring in? I mean honestly, we aren't a premier program that can just pick up some super talented coach.

The turnovers weren't Dino's fault.

The lack of team discipline and bizarre in-game decisions year after year are his fault.

But we're still 4-1, which is fairly rare this century for this program.
I can’t believe people want dino back…we’ve had several years of mediocrity other than Dungey and we are never ready for big games it’s sickening

CUSE FOOTBALL RULES!
7d3581ae86a5010c4ae67caa2efba8bc.gif

I think we can win every game on our schedule besides FSU and UNC. We weren’t prepared today, that’s on Dino and the rest of the staff. The offensive gameplan at times made zero sense.

Posted in the other thread —

I was hoping for 4-0 or 3-1 in the first four games. We got four.

I’m expecting 0-3 or 1-2 in these three.

Expect 4-1 or 3-2 in the last five.

So we’re on track. But it’s so frustrating watching how we lost this game.
Agreed.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I think we can win 7 games

Even if we go 7-5 is that really what our program is going to get excited about forever? When do we start to look forward to top 25 finishes? Top 15 finishes? Playoffs? 7-5 isn't bad by any means but when do we go for the Gold medal instead of settling for a bronze or worse?

I don't think he's an awful coach and I did like the hire or Rocky Long. But with the playoffs expanding to 12 teams can we find someone who can get us into playoff contention? Lanning was out there..

What coach would you guys wanna bring in? I mean honestly, we aren't a premier program that can just pick up some super talented coach.
Theres plenty of new blood out there in all ranks of football that would love a crack at a job like Syracuse. I don’t accept “we can’t do better” as a reason to keep him. He needs to do better

After FSU we play one decent team in Ga Tech, two stiffs in BC and VT, one semi-ok in Wake and an Iowa-esque Pitt. Win at least 3, back to back winning seasons is important

Said it earlier in another post, we don’t have enough talent to beat elite teams straight up, we have to play clean football and we just don’t.

Last edited:
Too early for this.

however, there needs to be far more accountability for mistakes. Game was handed directly to Clemson and that simply should not happen. You get beat by them fine, but to basically hand over a game of this magnitude (again) is maddening.

Hey if people are happy with 7-5 not beating anybody decent by all means enjoy it is what it is. Clemson by all accounts they aren’t that great
Clemson may lose another 2 or 3 games this year too

Great grab LQA gonna play on Sundays if he keeps it up.
I couldn't agree more. He ran and received the ball so well today. SU got away from the run way to early. If they would have ran him more, I believe it would have opened the passing game some. HOWEVER if we had a QB that could throw a ball in field of play, It would have made the game more competitive.

Theres plenty of new blood out there in all ranks of football that would love a crack at a job like Syracuse. I don’t accept “we can’t do better” as a reason to keep him. He needs to do better
And you don’t know who’s good until you give them a chance. Dino has gotten millions and millions of dollars, time, resources and he still can’t win the big one and it’s the same story over and over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom