Reality is, Dino ain’t it. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Reality is, Dino ain’t it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 years is more than enough time. Dino has proven that he can't recruit on a high level. He doesn't even go after high level players, take a look at who Red targets on the basketball side vs the players Dino targets.
If we want a coach that hasn't managed to establish quarterback depth or any position depth in 8 years, Dino's your guy.
If you want a coach whose players commit the same foolish penalties year after year, Dino's your guy.
Dino has proven that he is not a good coach or recruiter. TD was Dino's biggest recruit and look how that turned out. TD played fine under another coach.
Our record is padded with paper tigers. 6 or 7 wins is BS when half of them are against teams like Colgate.

I don't care how "likeable" Dino is, he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.

You're comparing hoops recruiting to football? That's funny...should throw in lax (both genders) too.

Just said he was trying to get denaberg the dome record for longest field goal. Gotta listen to press conference. He’s defending the decision.
You’re kidding

8 years is more than enough time. Dino has proven that he can't recruit on a high level. He doesn't even go after high level players, take a look at who Red targets on the basketball side vs the players Dino targets.
If we want a coach that hasn't managed to establish quarterback depth or any position depth in 8 years, Dino's your guy.
If you want a coach whose players commit the same foolish penalties year after year, Dino's your guy.
Dino has proven that he is not a good coach or recruiter. TD was Dino's biggest recruit and look how that turned out. TD played fine under another coach.
Our record is padded with paper tigers. 6 or 7 wins is BS when half of them are against teams like Colgate.

I don't care how "likeable" Dino is, he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.
They offer top 100 guys, they just never pursue because they’re told “thanks but no thanks” Looks at the offers on 247

You're comparing hoops recruiting to football? That's funny...should throw in lax (both genders) too.
No, I'm just point out the level of talent that Dino targets. He reaches for low hanging fruit and ignores everything above it.

I think emily and Chris were stunned and struggled to come up with a follow up.
So to confirm...and I’ll want to listen for complete context, but are you saying Down 14-7 on the 40 with 3 mins left after 3 deep throws that were incomplete and he said he kicked a fg because he wanted to give the kicker a chance at the dome record? Can you confirm that? Because if so, that’s a fireable offense

Simple fact is when you play teams that are top to bottom more skilled you can't make mistakes and win.

Dino's team is consistently undisciplined. That means they'll make mistakes that make it hard to win against superior opponents.

It isn't more complicated than that.

They offer top 100 guys, they just never pursue because they’re told “thanks but no thanks” Looks at the offers on 247

Sales/recruiting doesn't begin until the first 'no'. We used to get good players here, the only difference is the last couple of coaches.

Dino has faults, but losing to fn Clemson isn’t the reason to run him out of town. The overall direction of the program is positive, and given where we’ve been, we don’t get to expect to beat Clemson yet, even in a down year.

They will go 8-4. That means Dino will not get fired. That’s the best you can hope for because this program will never be competing for ACC titles. I don’t think it matters who the coach is.

Who threw the ball? The same Shrader that hasi zero touch on passes. All day, the commentary said that he needs to give them a chance. The FG did not have the impact on the game that you think it did. That second fumble on the toss was an automatic TD. Starting the game down 14 had a bigger impact than anything else. This is a Shrader and Beck loss.
I agree. Schraders throwing is worse this year than last year and Beck should have ran the ball more. LQT Allen was running really well today. Whenever he touched the ball, it was 98% plus yards. Also a TD

No, I'm just point out the level of talent that Dino targets. He reaches for low hanging fruit and ignores everything above it.

OK...the portal guys are all SEC and Big 10 types and that's who is a lot of on the field.

I like Dino and think he’s good enough to be the coach at SU for a long time because let’s be honest, we’re never going to be a player in football. However, with that said, he’s still an infuriating in-game coach.
In my mind it's not even about being a "player"- I mean, we're not, nor ever will be a football factory.
But we should be able to have consistency enough to where we win more than we lose, and make one of the hundreds of bowl games that are out there- on a fairly regular basis.
To do that we need to win some of these "big stage" games, at home, against evenly matched opponents. Yet we always seem to spit-the-bit and gag a little when we get the opportunity. And honestly, Dino seems to pucker up more than anybody.
I don't need to see histrionics on the sidelines, but how about some credible in-game strategizing? He always seems to have a hiccup in these games- whether it's clock management, timeouts, or decision-making. At this point, it's no longer surprising, just annoying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.