Recruiting 2022-2024 | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2022-2024

Cody Collier decided to head off to Navy. He had both Syracuse and Maryland on his interest list on IL. There is always a chance that a guy will change his mind about the commitment to the Navy.

Extremely depressing how much more recruits Virginia gets over us. 2022 for us is stacked but 2023 was a dud for 5 stars. Peyton Anderson coming in for 2024 is huge tho

2B866F5F-A7FE-4294-A513-7999D1E89EF3.jpeg

At this point when this thread gets updates I assume it’s uva nailing another 5*.

Saturday, September 10
Syracuse — 4-star Brayden Ferguson, G, Bullis (Md.) | Madlax

All of a sudden, 'Cuse has a good-looking pipeline of goalies coming up the ranks. The son of a former Orange face-off man, Ferguson committed to Syracuse on Friday and announced on Saturday morning. Following UA Senior All-American goalie Jack Fracyon (Penn State) and starting as a sophomore for the IAC champion Bulldogs, Ferguson is armed with quick hands and has more big-game experience than most of the keepers with his same 4-star rating heading into junior year. Beyond that, he's clearly a workhorse — I swear I've seen him attend more Goaliesmith sessions than anybody since the beginning of the pandemic, and that's a close to an hour drive — so I'd trust Ferguson's development between now and his freshman year at Syracuse.

Has Colsey announced yet? How are we feeling about him? If we have Coley and Anderson as our two high profile offensive guys in '24, would seem to be a recruiting win.

Has Colsey announced yet? How are we feeling about him? If we have Coley and Anderson as our two high profile offensive guys in '24, would seem to be a recruiting win.
mad men g GIF

He's verballed to UVA (along with big bro and everyone else).

UVA

They taken half the top 50 of 2024.

Including him.

Is Whipple the first 4 star who listed his top schools on IL to commit to a school that wasn't on his list? He had Yale, Princeton, UVA, UNC, and GTown listed but now winds up at Penn. I believe this is the first instance of that happening but might have missed one or two. The IL feature has been pretty helpful so far

EDIT: nevermind, I missed a few. Luke Breslin and Kyle Billello also committed to schools that weren't on their lists. Still, I like the feature and hope IL continues to encourage recruits to use it

24 of Inside Lacrosse's top 50 to go:
5 stars 7 of 18 left: 6 Hausmann M Brunswick; 7 Brady Pokorny A Darien; 9 Harshbarger M Lake Mary; 10 P.Fox D Belmont; 12 Menendez D Culver; 16 Laake D Loyola Blakefield, 18 Kershis A SWR;
Top 50: 20 Firlie M McDonogh, 21 Wills D La Salle; 22 L.White M Boys'Latin; 23 B.Fox D Chaminade; 24 McDonald A Culver; 25 Hicks A St.Margaret's Episcopal; 26 Eye LSM St.Anthony's; 30 Hoffman M Boys'Latin; 32 Gills FO Severn; 33 Kenney LSM Needham; 36 DiBartolomeo LSM Malvern; 39 Lagunowich M Chatham; 41 Laforge A Mount Sinai; 42 Macaluso A Culver; 45 McIntee M East Islip; 46 Warrington M Culver; 47 Dykes M Sacred Heart
17 4 stars in top 50 to go. 24 of top 50 remain

Last edited:
24 of Inside Lacrosse's top 50 to go:
5 stars 7 of 18 left: 6 Hausmann M Brunswick; 7 Brady Pokorny A Darien; 9 Harshbarger M Lake Mary; 10 P.Fox D Belmont; 12 Menendez D Culver; 16 Laake D Loyola Blakefield, 18 Kershis A SWR;
Top 50: 20 Firlie M McDonogh, 21 Wills D La Salle; 22 L.White M Boys'Latin; 23 B.Fox D Chaminade; 24 McDonald A Culver; 25 Hicks A St.Margaret's Episcopal; 26 Eye LSM St.Anthony's; 30 Hoffman M Boys'Latin; 32 Gills FO Severn; 33 Kenney LSM Needham; 36 DiBartolomeo LSM Malvern; 39 Lagunowich M Chatham; 41 Laforge A Mount Sinai; 42 Macaluso; 45 McIntee M East Islip; 46 Warrington M Culver; 47 Dykes M Sacred Heart
17 4 stars in top 50 to go. 24 of top 50 remain

I think Duke is primed for a 5* attack or middie maybe both. I can see UNC pulling someone. I’d like to see cuse grab the kid from SWR, I’d like to establish a line there at some point. Would realistically like another top middie or attack. And I’d like a top pole.

Ivies are still killing it.

Kershis has Duke and UNC on his list, but no Syracuse.

The Ivies seem to be having a typical year.
The ACC is killing it with 7 five stars and 10 of the top 50 so far.

Only two 4 four star recruits list Syracuse as a school they are interested in right now - Mason Cook, an attackman out of Loyola Blakefield and Steven Schumer Jr, a defenseman out of St. Mary's. Five star Peter Laake lists Syracuse, but he lists like ten schools in his list. Not very encouraging for how the rest of the recruiting cycle might go, but there are a number of ranked players who still haven't created their own list.

5. Hudson Hausmann - Brunswick
9. Caden Harshbarger - Lake Mary (FL)
20 Ben Firlie - McDonough
21. Matt Wills - La Salle (PA)
24. Aidan McDonald - Culver
32. Reid Gillis - Severn
33. Jimmy Kenney - Needham (MA)
39. John Lagunowich - Chatham (NJ)
46. Luke Warrington - Culver
47. Ian Dykes - Sacred Heart Prep (CA)

Would be nice if Syracuse could nab at least one of these players but unsure how likely that is. SU has grabbed one player from Culver and two from Brunwick over the past few years, but not many known connections at the other schools on this list. There are a lot of other four stars that aren't listing schools right now, so SU might do better that we anticipate.

Duke misses out on another top attackman.
That is 2-5 stars for ND with #2 Jeffery
I thought he’d be a dukie. I still think they nab a 5* O guy.

Only two 4 four star recruits list Syracuse as a school they are interested in right now - Mason Cook, an attackman out of Loyola Blakefield and Steven Schumer Jr, a defenseman out of St. Mary's. Five star Peter Laake lists Syracuse, but he lists like ten schools in his list. Not very encouraging for how the rest of the recruiting cycle might go, but there are a number of ranked players who still haven't created their own list.

5. Hudson Hausmann - Brunswick
9. Caden Harshbarger - Lake Mary (FL)
20 Ben Firlie - McDonough
21. Matt Wills - La Salle (PA)
24. Aidan McDonald - Culver
32. Reid Gillis - Severn
33. Jimmy Kenney - Needham (MA)
39. John Lagunowich - Chatham (NJ)
46. Luke Warrington - Culver
47. Ian Dykes - Sacred Heart Prep (CA)

Would be nice if Syracuse could nab at least one of these players but unsure how likely that is. SU has grabbed one player from Culver and two from Brunwick over the past few years, but not many known connections at the other schools on this list. There are a lot of other four stars that aren't listing schools right now, so SU might do better that we anticipate.
We have some good pieces right now fortunately. Obviously wouldn't be good to whiff on all the remaining high rated guys but we both have some serious talent already and this is just the beginning with the class changing commitments/flipping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom