Recruiting over this year's team | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting over this year's team

Etan played a decade in the league. Who since have we had with pro potential?-Watkins and Roc?

If we had Greg monroe or the pelican I'm sure they would have touched the ball more. Knowing Syracuse, if we had Cauley-Stein he probably would've bolted after his sophomore year

Do you want me to list top 20 bigs that went to Kentucky and Syracuse in the past 15 years and posts their successes and see which turned out better and more successful?

Since Etan, which SU big has played more NBA minutes than Nerlans Noel? Just stop.

I understand why players want to play at other schools, all I'm saying is if I'm a big and have pro aspirations I don't see why somebody would choose Cuse over Kentucky. I don't think I'm as crazy saying that as you're trying to make me.

A great fan base. Great coaching. Cool place to play. A long tradition of great players. The Melo Center.

Dave85 said:
A great fan base. Great coaching. Cool place to play. A long tradition of great players. The Melo Center.

And Kentucky has none of those?

Sometimes you're just a fan of the college you go to. That's how we got Coleman and Triche. I'm sure it was a similar situation for Rautins. Some guys want to play for the team they rooted for growing up. Maybe thats what is important to Bryant. That's how a lot of non-athletes make their decisions to. Sometimes you want to go to the school you rooted for in sports growing up. It's as simple as that.

Sometimes you're just a fan of the college you go to. That's how we got Coleman and Triche. I'm sure it was a similar situation for Rautins. Some guys want to play for the team they rooted for growing up. Maybe thats what is important to Bryant. That's how a lot of non-athletes make their decisions to. Sometimes you want to go to the school you rooted for in sports growing up. It's as simple as that.

We got Triche because we're the best school that recruited him, same with Rautins.

two3zone, you're alright man. But what is with the Kentucky argument over and over? Let it go, join the team!
Serious, the Kenturkey comparisons. Who cares about them?
I'd much rather focus on US. Not some moneyschemenist, illgetimateinistgettinist, don'tfoolyourselfifyouthinktheyain'tcheatinest...and so forth.

Rautin's yes. Uconn wanted Triche.

We're on par with Uconn, he's from Syracuse, he had immediate playing time for Syracuse. It was a no brainer for Triche to come here either.

two3zone, you're alright man. But what is with the Kentucky argument over and over? Let it go, join the team!
Serious, the Kenturkey comparisons. Who cares about them?
I'd much rather focus on US. Not some moneyschemenist, illgetimateinistgettinist, don'tfoolyourselfifyouthinktheyain'tcheatinest...and so forth.

I do focus on Syracuse brother, but it's assinine to put Bryant on the depth chart and in uniform for next season when he has a pretty solid offer on the table from Kentucky. I want him to come here, but my confidence in him coming here isn't as high as it was.

What better school that offered a starting job gave Triche an offer?

Can you explain to me what is going on in this thread, please? Seriously Triche was a legacy and local kid, he wanted to come here regardless of who else offered. You've gone from arguing kids should prefer to go to UK over SU to border line implying that only kids who don't get a better offer or an equal one with more playing time would come to SU. You're kind of poopooing the whole SU program more and more the longer this thread goes on.

I think I'm moving on from this thread. BTW Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssseeeee!

Oh, of course it's irrelevant.

Look, I don't understand why you're bringing that up / moving the goal posts. You said originally that he came here because we were the best school to offer him. That wasn't the reason.

Then you shifted it to we were the best school to offer him a starting role, which has even less to do with why we came here.

Thus, it is irrelevant.

Neither of your claims have anything to do with why he came here, other than in a peripheral sense.

Can you explain to me what is going on in this thread, please? Seriously Triche was a legacy and local kid, he wanted to come here regardless of who else offered. You've gone from arguing kids should prefer to go to UK over SU to board line implying that only kids who don't get a better offer or an equal one with more playing time would come to SU. You're kind of poopooing the whole SU program more and more the longer this thread goes on.

I think I'm moving on from this thread. BTW Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssseeeee!

No, I didn't say kids should prefer to go to UK over SU, I argued that if I'm a one or two and done candidate and I'm a center, I'm picking Kentucky. I said that from the beginning.

Look, I don't understand why you're bringing that up / moving the goal posts. You said originally that he came here because we were the best school to offer him. That wasn't the reason.

Then you shifted it to we were the best school to offer him a starting role, which has even less to do with why we came here.

Thus, it is irrelevant.

Neither of your claims have anything to do with why he came here, other than in a peripheral sense.

Listen, the only thing irrelevant is that he isn't a big and he wasn't even involved in the conversation. He obviously wanted to play for Syracuse for every reason down the list, but you can't say it didn't help that he had a great opportunity with playing time and we were the best school that offered him.

We're on par with Uconn, he's from Syracuse, he had immediate playing time for Syracuse. It was a no brainer for Triche to come here either.
at the time he signed, Syracuse had sophomore guards Jonny Flynn & Scoop Jardine and juniors Eric Devendorf & Andy Rautins on the roster . . . plus junior G/F Paul Harris. Although Flynn, Harris & Devo all left at the end of that season, it wasn't considered likely in September of 2008, so the idea that BT was looking at "immediate playing time" is just flat wrong.

that said, I largely agree with you about the lure of Kentucky over Syracuse for a player like Bryant . . . though I still think he'll end up with the team that has always been his favorite.

Listen, the only thing irrelevant is that he isn't a big and he wasn't even involved in the conversation. He obviously wanted to play for Syracuse for every reason down the list, but you can't say it didn't help that he had a great opportunity with playing time and we were the best school that offered him.

Sure, those were peripheral considerations, but ones that were tangenetial to the actual reasons why he chose to come to SU. Plus, when he committed, PT wasn't a guarantee with the backcourt players we had on the roster [several of whom ended up leaving, some under semi-unexpected circumstances].

I'm not claiming that they didn't factor in in some small way, but you're making it sound like they were the main reasons he came here. They weren't. Not even close.

I do focus on Syracuse brother, but it's assinine to put Bryant on the depth chart and in uniform for next season when he has a pretty solid offer on the table from Kentucky. I want him to come here, but my confidence in him coming here isn't as high as it was.
I hear ya. These things always work themselves out, but don't discount the power of mom here. I think we are still the favorite here, but nothing surprises me anymore in the recruiting game.

at the time he signed, Syracuse had sophomore guards Jonny Flynn & Scoop Jardine and juniors Eric Devendorf & Andy Rautins on the roster . . . plus junior G/F Paul Harris. Although Flynn, Harris & Devo all left at the end of that season, it wasn't considered likely in September of 2008, so the idea that BT was looking at "immediate playing time" is just flat wrong.

that said, I largely agree with you about the lure of Kentucky over Syracuse for a player like Bryant . . . though I still think he'll end up with the team that has always been his favorite.

You're right about the PT, but even after sitting for one year with limited minutes he would have had a ton of PT.

Can you explain to me what is going on in this thread, please? Seriously Triche was a legacy and local kid, he wanted to come here regardless of who else offered. You've gone from arguing kids should prefer to go to UK over SU to border line implying that only kids who don't get a better offer or an equal one with more playing time would come to SU. You're kind of poopooing the whole SU program more and more the longer this thread goes on.

Wait! Wait, jordoo you forgot one more thing:
L
G
O
!

(Edit: I had to get the colors right :) )