Red Presser 10AM Fri | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Red Presser 10AM Fri

There is absolutely no chance Red gets up there and announces they’re moving away from the zone.

None

Get it out of yours heads, aint happening tomorrow
If I'm Red, I'm practicing my most politically correct answer to this question all night tonight. Something along the lines of "the 2-3 zone works in certain situations as does man to man. We'll play whatever defense we think gives us the best chance of winning the game we're playing at the time. Next question."

Q fits perfectly into a press / man team - kid is a disruptive force. Of all the guys this side of Jesse and Judah he has to be in Reds plans IMO.

That would be great.

It's still up to Red to assess / gauge fit of the incumbent players against what he wants to do.

Nothing would please me more than to have Copeland excel here, but we won't know whether he'll get that opportunity until next year [if he's still here at all]. Maybe we'll get an earlier clue if Red goes out and portal recruits a bunch of guards.

This moment is about Autry, not Boeheim, so I hope not.

Capture.JPG

There is absolutely no chance Red gets up there and announces they’re moving away from the zone.

None

Get it out of yours heads, aint happening tomorrow
I mean, he could joke “you’ll see some new offensive sets, you’ll see some new defensive philosophies, but it’ll still be Syracuse basketball”

That wouldn’t be crazy

no he wont be allowed
Lol, the ad right below your post was for Trauma-Informed Care suitable for ...& teachers and former coaches.

If I'm Red, I'm practicing my most politically correct answer to this question all night tonight. Something along the lines of "the 2-3 zone works in certain situations as does man to man. We'll play whatever defense we think gives us the best chance of winning the game we're playing at the time. Next question."
"Close your eyes and imagine the Loud House packed for our first opponent next year, and they have no idea what kind of defense we're going to play. Now open your eyes and ask me a different question."

It's not going to happen, but what I'd love to see here is a bit of brashness about the program and putting Northeast college basketball back on the map. I'd point out that there were no northeast teams in the top 25 at the end of this regular season from a power conference, and that we're about to change that. I'd take a shot at the new Big East for not being as good as the old Big East, and say we're going to teach those Tobacco Road folks a thing or two about the kind of basketball that gets played on neighborhood courts in New York, Philadelphia, and Baltimore. That the days of Syracuse and Georgetown at the Garden in March are way behind us, but the days of Duke and Carolina fearing trips to the Dome are just getting started. Behind the scenes I'd try to smooth things over with the ACC in advance, and say, "Is there anything better for the conference than a North-South rivalry between us and Tobacco Road?"

Yeah, it'd rub a lot of people the wrong way, but the way I see it, Northeast recruiting is up for grabs, and we should make a clear statement that we're the place to be... especially for any recruits who would enjoy sticking it to the snobby Duke's of the world.

Interesting. Going to need some more physical bodies. I hope he also mandates some weight training.

We’re weak AF every year.

Yup also means some people may have to go that might want to come back. Red is going to have to nicely figure out how to say GET OUT !!!!

We will need to get some ACC bodies across the front line to provide more physical presence down low for sure.

Yup also means some people may have to go that might want to come back. Red is going to have to nicely figure out how to say GET OUT !!!!

We will need to get some ACC bodies across the front line to provide more physical presence down low for sure.
We need to recruit some DC type players who won't back down from other players, but make them back down.

That would be great.

It's still up to Red to assess / gauge fit of the incumbent players against what he wants to do.

Nothing would please me more than to have Copeland excel here, but we won't know whether he'll get that opportunity until next year [if he's still here at all]. Maybe we'll get an earlier clue if Red goes out and portal recruits a bunch of guards.
We need to recruit some DC type players who won't back down from other players, but make them back down.
Copeland was quoted in one of the articles after the change was announced inferring he would definitely be back

Do we know if this press conference will be shown on-line somewhere like cuse.com? I'm not into the social media stuff so that won't work for me. How about radio?

Do we know if this press conference will be shown on-line somewhere like cuse.com? I'm not into the social media stuff so that won't work for me. How about radio?

Probably but the video will cut out, you won’t be able to hear any of the questions being asked and there’s a greater than 70% chance the mic Autry is speaking into won’t be loud enough for you to hear his responses too.

It will be interesting to see how he answers the question tomorrow because it will come.
All he has to say is, "We will use multiple styles depending on the opponent and the situation. "

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom