Red Season 1 Now a Bust | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Red Season 1 Now a Bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
UNC- Nova (330), UCONN (359), Tenn H (357) UK (339), Oklahoma (361) = 1,746/5 350 (2-3)
DUKE- ARZ (360) H, Mich. St (340), Arkansas (241) A, Baylor (350) = 1,291/4 323 (2-2)
UVA- FLA (332), WISC (342), Tex. A&M (314), Memphis A (281) = 1,269/4 318 (2-2)
CLEM- Alabama (358) A, Boise St (328) H, TCU (364), South Carolina H (306) = 1,356/4 339 (4-0)
NC ST- BYU (352), Ole Miss (293) A, TENN (357), Vandy (131) = 1,133/4 283 (1-3)
VT- South Carolina (306), Boise ST (328), IOWA St (355), FAU (330), Auburn (356) A = 1,675/5 335 (2-3)

Cuse's gauntlet of : TENN (357), Zags (341), LSU H (278) and Oregon (299) = 1,275/4 319 (2-2)

I assigned every opponent a ranking based on its current net (i.e., #1 in NET = 362 points) and added a game to SU, Duke and NCSt to give everyone at least 4 games.

To my eye, based on NET math, UNC clearly had the hardest OOC schedule and VT was probably second hardest given the 5 games listed.

SU's schedule was clearly harder than NCSt and very comparable to UVA but they did have an away game and SU had a home game. Like lots of things w/ the SU program, the team had a tougher than what we fans are accustomed to but it still does not stack up to all SU's conference mates.

That said, KenPom disagrees with me and ranks OOC schedules as follows:

12 UNC
21 SU
30 Clemson
42 VaTech
70 WF
73 Duke
82 NCSt
83 UVA
Colgate and Cornell are winning their leagues and likely tourney teams. LSU just knocked off Kentucky last night as well

Kick rocks, take off your orange colored glasses and then kick some more rocks.
My take is more than valid. Not on this board to troll either

Did I hit a nerve?
Your "more than valid" take has already been skewered by others, so I won't pile on.
It doesn't take orange-colored glasses to see it for what it is...flawed.
I stand by my post. JMHO

Did I hit a nerve?
Your "more than valid" take has already been skewered by others, so I won't pile on.
It doesn't take orange-colored glasses to see it for what it is...flawed.
I stand by my post. JMHO
Skewered? What type of drugs do you prescribe doc? And didnt hit a nerve. Just when you call what a said moronic, i defend it.
I stand by all my posts. JMHO

But ill end it here because I have no idea who you are. We can both agree on saying "go cuse"

Credit to this team coming out white hot the last 2 games. That being said, is anyone surprised that this is now down to 10? Not saying I expected a 29 point lead the entire game, but this margin of win is exactly why our NET isn’t cutting it. Consistent bad end to halves/games and blown leads. This is a reflection of coaching

So giving up a 29 point lead is "good coaching" ?
Did you just respond to your own post? And we never gave up a 29 pt lead. As for Red, he has 18 wins with this group. No sr.s Really no Jr's No size. No outside shooting outside of one guy. He wins 20 they should build him a statue next to the one I want built for Hatcher for losing that ball to the B.C. player that got us Fran Brown.

You just responded to your own post. If you're drunk, take a break for awhile.
I'm not drunk. I responded because people are disliking the truth - that we got decimated in the second half.

Did you just respond to your own post? And we never gave up a 29 pt lead. As for Red, he has 18 wins with this group. No sr.s Really no Jr's No size. No outside shooting outside of one guy. He wins 20 they should build him a statue next to the one I want built for Hatcher for losing that ball to the B.C. player that got us Fran Brown.
Statue indeed, Red has done an incredible job, with what you perfectly described. Not to mention replacing a HOF’er as a first year HC. Benny issues, injuries, and can get to 20 W’s. I just don’t get how some think otherwise.

Just imagine if this team had a legit sized C who could be just a rebound, put back, defensive minded with a motor. Please get a legit portal C Red, I’ll come build the statue myself.

This is an incredible post on multiple levels.

Statue indeed, Red has done an incredible job, with what you perfectly described. Not to mention replacing a HOF’er as a first year HC. Benny issues, injuries, and can get to 20 W’s. I just don’t get how some think otherwise.

Just imagine if this team had a legit sized C who could be just a rebound, put back, defensive minded with a motor. Please get a legit portal C Red, I’ll come build the statue myself.
Another guy that can shoot would help as well. And unlike others, I hope the main guys stay. I have seen improvement from these guys. Some a lot. Some a little.

We're without McLeod, Hima, Westry and Benny Williams. We are in the 1st year of a new coach, with a new team, with no upper class men and we are looking like we're gonna win 20 games for the first time in 5 years. We have wins over UNC, LSU, Oregon, at Pitt, at NC State...for those that think this year is a bust, what were y'all expecting?

End of first half.
Why didn't they just hold the ball?
Instead the play was to score? Or just have JJ cough it up for a possible 3?

End of first half.
Why didn't they just hold the ball?
Instead the play was to score? Or just have JJ cough it up for a possible 3?
Growing pains for a new coaching staff and young players. I don't agree with pulling our best unit and allowing them to get it to 20, but I think Red did it to get some guys some PT. Unfortunately, it gave ND confidence. Then, in the second half, our offense turned in to that standing around iso ball crap.

I'm not drunk. I responded because people are disliking the truth - that we got decimated in the second half.
It’s ok, I’m not drunk either.
IMG_1638.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online