Red | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Red

Great 2nd half adjustment on the backline by Red and sitting McLeod early in the 2nd half. He was competent down low but was totally lost when he had to guard the 7 footer who kept losing him and hitting 3s.
i was surprised mcleod was starting the 2nd...a big who can shoot 3s is not naheem's game

Red is earning my trust too. Really liking what I’m seeing from him. Team has gotten better.
I think he has too. And I didn’t expect it so quickly. Wanted him for his recruiting. If he can coach this way going forward, watch out.

If JB was the Coach would we ever see Cope play ????
Probably not Cuffe. Almost definitely Copeland.

JB was willing to play him as a freshman when he was a lot more unpolished than he is now. I don’t think it would be a stretch to say he’d play him as a more polished sophomore. There’s precedent for it.

But, what does it matter? We don’t need to compare the two coaches at every turn.

Last edited:
This team does seem limited...mostly by the lack of reliable outside shooters.

It's still a big question mark what happens when they play the top ACC teams.

The players feed off his energy in the game too. I’m telling ya when he got that technical foul, all the players fed off that. It got the crowd back into it and gave them life going into 2h. He’s setting them up for success is what I like most. Even when Benny missed a couple he pulled him to the side, smiled and encouraged him. That’s big

The players feed off his energy in the game too. I’m telling ya when he got that technical foul, all the players fed off that. It got the crowd back into it and gave them life going into 2h. He’s setting them up for success is what I like most. Even when Benny missed a couple he pulled him to the side, smiled and encouraged him. That’s big
I was happy he got the T. I would imagine it’s important for a team to see its brand new coach willing to fight for them.

1000% way too early to say.

We were completely outclassed by UVA and Gonzaga. And both of those teams have been struggling.

We have played very well against the other P5 teams on our schedule. We won vs Colgate and Cornell.

This team is clearly good enough to be in the upper half of the ACC and honestly get a tournament bid.

I do think come March our OOC will be a net positive. No reason why we can’t win 10 ACC games
This year has been an improvement because I've become accustomed to expecting a couple of loses to some really bad teams by this time in the season.

A few things to keep in mind about this Pitt win:

It would be a different game if Pitt wasn't awful from the foul line.

The Orange didn't slow things down and run clock when they should have with 10 point lead in the finale two minutes. Why not?

On the positive side...the Orange got a nice win with Judah Mintz having a poor game.

They showed they can play some strong D against a pretty good opponent.

And the front court of Brown, Copeland and Williams played really well together. Perhaps a hint of things to come.

A few things to keep in mind about this Pitt win:

It would be a different game if Pitt wasn't awful from the foul line.

The Orange didn't slow things down and run clock when they should have with 10 point lead in the finale two minutes. Why not?

On the positive side...the Orange got a nice win with Judah Mintz having a poor game.

They showed they can play some strong D against a pretty good opponent.

And the front court of Brown, Copeland and Williams played really well together. Perhaps a hint of things to come.
And we weren't 1-10 from 3

Good performance and this team is in excellent shape.

Pitt looked very solid IDK how they didn't beat either Florida or Mizzou out of conference they are going to have a tough time getting a bid with no good wins at the moment.

Really hope we can take Duke or UNC so this team and Red specifically can get some deserved national buzz thrown their way. I'm sure we'll at the very least get a few votes in the polls this week.

Just going to say this right now. I’ve been huge on Maliq since we started recruiting him and have been vocal about it. I legitimately don’t think we’ve had a more underrated player than him.

His stat lines are always sneaky good because he’s not the focal point of the offense but you look up and he has a double double almost every night. He’s a great denfender, great hands, reliable and consistent. You don’t win big games or championships without players like Maliq Brown and Copeland. The way these two have improved off the bench, Benny has his good moments, Mintz is gonna be the star he is and Starling and Bell are going to have their good games too. This team is improving vastly and if Copeland and Brown played like this in Maui…I think we come away with 2 wins there instead of one. This is going to be a tourney team

Still early in the season, but pleased with the toughness displayed by the players, and the adjustments after the break by the coaches. The Future seems bright.

This was a good win for the team going into Tuesday's game with a positive attitude. That will truly be a test for them especially if they get behind by 10 or more at the half. It won't be Pitt they would need to claw back on. It will be interesting to see what kind of defense they will play against Filipowski.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom