regarding the Heat | Syracusefan.com

regarding the Heat

orangehomer

All American
i am a basketball junkie, and i have no favorite nba teams although i obviously will root for one team or another. but generally speaking i don't care. the only thing i can say, is that watching wade and lebron makes me hate basketball. their primary goal is to dunk and manipulate referees, and to me they are the anti-stars. i watch because i actually hate watching them. wade is garbage, he got to play a season with shaq otherwise he is an secondary star. his primary directive is to draw fouls, which is not in the fundamental spirit of basketball. in my opinion lebron and wade are unwatchable.

On the bright side, you won't have to deal with angry responses from the resident Heat fans until they're absolutely sure that their team has won.

The cavalry should be here in a couple of minutes.

Hats off to Chris Bosh. Very efficient offensive showing, and no visible whining or pouting.

As I was saying...

ETA: should have quoted the post from Heat fan prior to the ninja delete.

Wade is more than a secondary star. Come on.

Bosh was pretty much the difference for Miami.

I think that Miami is going to have a really hard time with OKC. The old, slow, creaky Celtics took them to 7, and in the Thunder, they'll be facing a young, fresh team with a number of legitimate offensive threats. I think OKC will be much better on the boards against the Heat than Boston was.

Yep.

Wonder if KG will be back in Boston next year. You have to think that Allen is gone - he's pretty much shot.

Yep.

Wonder if KG will be back in Boston next year. You have to think that Allen is gone - he's pretty much shot.

Yeah I predicted to a buddy that Allen would get like 2 years and 20 million about a month ago. That looks really stupid right now. KG is still an awesome player, I guess Boston has to bring him back, right?

I would favor OKC in the finals, mainly because they have home court. I don't think this series goes 7 games if Bosh is healthy the whole time. I wonder if Miami wins game 5 if Spo plays him down the stretch. Either way, the finals should be awesome. (much like this series)

Yeah I predicted to a buddy that Allen would get like 2 years and 20 million about a month ago. That looks really stupid right now. KG is still an awesome player, I guess Boston has to bring him back, right?

I would favor OKC in the finals, mainly because they have home court. I don't think this series goes 7 games if Bosh is healthy the whole time. I wonder if Miami wins game 5 if Spo plays him down the stretch. Either way, the finals should be awesome. (much like this series)

Pierce to the Celts. That has to happen doesn't it? Why in wide wide world of sports would he stay in Boston?

44cuse

Wade is more than a secondary star. Come on.

aside from his finals run with shaq, what exactly is wade's claim to fame? kobe spent a career to get out of shaq's shadow. wade gets a free pass?

Also, Wade is real easy to hate. He was bitching to the regs about a missed goaltend and didnt get back on D. It's game 7 dude. Shut up and play!

I thought that Allen was pretty underwhelming last year too. I'd be shocked if he was back in Boston next year.

Miami is going to have a much tougher time defensively against OKC than they did against Boston. On the plus side, Perkins will probably foul out or get T'ed up by halftime of each game.

Yeah Boston's offense is really pretty bad. It's built around long 2 pointers.

But their defense is unbelievable. Okc has home court, I''ll take them, but putting Bosh in the mix changes things a lot. I think it's a long series.

Pierce to the Lakers. That has to happen doesn't it? Why in wide wide world of sports would he stay in Boston?

44cuse

Yeah Boston's offense is really pretty bad. It's built around long 2 pointers.

But their defense is unbelievable. Okc has home court, I''ll take them, but putting Bosh in the mix changes things a lot. I think it's a long series.

Their half court offense was downright painful to watch at times. If seemed like Rondo had a few chances to push tempo, but slowed it up, which I thought was a mistake.

I dunno, I thought that the Celts had far too many defensive breakdowns in the series.

Pierce is under contract to Boston. They aren't trading him to the Lakers.

Seemed like there were a lot of breakdowns today, Miami was getting into the paint at will off the pick and rolls. But in general Boston is a great defense.

What?

Pierce is from LA. The Celts are going to disband and there is no reason for him to sit around while they rebuild. The Lakers were pressing to trade for him in January. Arou d the deadline the Celts had a deal tee'd up with the Nets to trade him for Okur's expiring and a lottery pick (which likely would have been a better deal than what they are going to get now).

But believe he has two years and $30M left on his current deal. The Lakers have Kobe's window closing, the opportunity to potentially bring in Dwight, so getting Pierce is valuable to the Lakers and Pierce has more trade value than play value for the Celts (who will be rebuilding).

44cuse

Pierce is under contract to Boston. They aren't trading him to the Lakers.

Seemed like there were a lot of breakdowns today, Miami was getting into the paint at will off the pick and rolls. But in general Boston is a great defense.

Why not? They were prepared to move him for Okur's expiring and a lottery. The Celts need to get younger not keep a guy who has value on a team that needs to rebuild.

44cuse

Why not? They were prepared to move him for Okur's expiring and a lottery. The Celts need to get younger not keep a guy who has value on a team that needs to rebuild.

44cuse

I find it really hard to believe they would trade him to their biggest rival. Also, LA can't offer them a lottery pick. I'm trying to think, what does LA have to offer them?

Maybe the clippers?

I find it really hard to believe they would trade him to their biggest rival. Also, LA can't offer them a lottery pick. I'm trying to think, what does LA have to offer them?

Maybe the clippers?

Gasol and Pierce's contracts match.

Kobe is running Gasol out of LA.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online