Rob Konrad v SUAD part one million | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Rob Konrad v SUAD part one million

You’re missing the point, anything is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.Of course we would all want a painting that valuable for monetary reasons, but a Syracuse jersey hanging on the wall would look better to some than a painting.
I think part of the point is that the Mona Lisa isn’t the jersey, it’s the game. I don’t know the stats off hand, but assuming it was a masterpiece of a performance, then the jersey is the equivalent of the smock da Vinci wore when he painted it.

You’re missing the point, anything is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.Of course we would all want a painting that valuable for monetary reasons, but a Syracuse jersey hanging on the wall would look better to some than a painting.

The Mona Lisa was a terrible example to make your point, in part because you note things are worth what people will pay for it and then picked something which will never, ever be sold. Plus we have some reason to think it has an high intrinsic value - people typically do something around that painting for political stunts like the protesters who threw pumpkin soup on it last year. They don’t pick some random painting at a museum in Missouri.

The contemporary art market would have better made your point, since art that millionaires buy constantly goes through busts in value - and some dealers have admitted the entire market is basically legalized fraud.

But if the sports memorabilia market is analogous to the contemporary art market, that would back up the idea it’s the latest in the line of tulip manias and the current valuations aren’t sustainable. If you wanted to avoid drawing that conclusion, using the Mona Lisa made sense - as it will never be sold and so we have no idea what its future value is…but it doesn’t actually make any sense under scrutiny.

The Mona Lisa was a terrible example to make your point, in part because you note things are worth what people will pay for it and then picked something which will never, ever be sold. Plus we have some reason to think it has an high intrinsic value - people typically do something around that painting for political stunts like the protesters who threw pumpkin soup on it last year. They don’t pick some random painting at a museum in Missouri.

The contemporary art market would have better made your point, since art that millionaires buy constantly goes through busts in value - and some dealers have admitted the entire market is basically legalized fraud.

But if the sports memorabilia market is analogous to the contemporary art market, that would back up the idea it’s the latest in the line of tulip manias and the current valuations aren’t sustainable. If you wanted to avoid drawing that conclusion, using the Mona Lisa made sense - as it will never be sold and so we have no idea what its future value is…but it doesn’t actually make any sense under scrutiny.
Thanks for clearing it all up

Into the sauce again? Good lord

We need to put the blame where it belongs - on NJneer12. Telling this nutjob he should donate to the athletic department was never going to end well…and I’m certain this is only the next in what is going to be an ongoing list of insane actions on his part related to Syracuse.

Rob is a money guy. Apparently he thinks they need to get their financial management together. It would be nice if he could give advice to them and not attack publicly.

Rob volunteer to give oversight instead of this.

Rob is a money guy. Apparently he thinks they need to get their financial management together. It would be nice if he could give advice to them and not attack publicly.

Probably because he’s spewing inaccuracies

Some of us have had personal meetings with Mark Hayes the man in charge of Orange United.

He is very forthcoming with information. Like anything, I’m sure there is a lot more to this story.

At what point does Rob realize he is hurting the cause far more than he is helping? Is he aware that people who were born in the 90s or later are hardly even aware that he even played for Syracuse? Let alone wore the 44????

Time for the university, in my humble opinion, to completely distance themselves from this man

Probably because he’s spewing inaccuracies

Some of us have had personal meetings with Mark Hayes the man in charge of Orange United.

He is very forthcoming with information. Like anything, I’m sure there is a lot more to this story.

At what point does Rob realize he is hurting the cause far more than he is helping? Is he aware that people who were born in the 90s or later are hardly even aware that he even played for Syracuse? Let alone wore the 44????

Time for the university, in my humble opinion, to completely distance themselves from this man
I don't think his ego and desperation to stay relevant will let him see that. Another benefit to paying the players directly is Rob will have one less reason to run his mouth... well maybe.

Maybe Rob should do his due diligence and look into the resumes and backgrounds of Orange United’s Board. Quite simply a mix of some of the leading minds nationally with local leaders including two former Orange athletes. The group is under the SANIL umbrella. Google that organization, Rob.
BTW, SANIL hosts the NIL Summit that our very own Enrique Cruz was privileged to attend last year.

I have had extensive dealings with Mark Hayes, the General Manager of Orange United as we look to build synergies and finalize a partnership between his group and Fine Mess NIL/SyraCRUZ Tailgate. Mark is a Syracuse native and was previously Vice President with the Syracuse Crunch. They have certainly had some growing pains, but have proven to be a first class organization and have been extremely successful in a short period of time reaching all of their internal fundraising goals.

There's no advice or oversight he can give.

The way the guy acts you cannot trust him to pick up lunch.

Once again, Rob is publicly hurting our cause. Why he couldn’t have tried to solve this in-house and just talk to ADJW is beyond me. Nothing like an alumnus encouraging people not to donate.
Commitments are already flipping!!!!

Dying Family Feud GIF by Steve Harvey

The last person I think of who wore 44 is Konrad. I have no lasting memories of him wearing that number. He was a good player, but I don’t remember him at all for wearing the number 44.
Winfred Walton was?

Maybe Rob should do his due diligence and look into the resumes and backgrounds of Orange United’s Board. Quite simply a mix of some of the leading minds nationally with local leaders including two former Orange athletes. The group is under the SANIL umbrella. Google that organization, Rob.

He has no interest. He wants to be the story.

Maybe we should keep #44 retired. Look what it's doing to him.

BTW, SANIL hosts the NIL Summit that our very own Enrique Cruz was privileged to attend last year.

I have had extensive dealings with Mark Hayes, the General Manager of Orange United as we look to build synergies and finalize a partnership between his group and Fine Mess NIL/SyraCRUZ Tailgate. Mark is a Syracuse native and was previously Vice President with the Syracuse Crunch. They have certainly had some growing pains, but have proven to be a first class organization and have been extremely successful in a short period of time reaching all of their internal fundraising goals.
My guess is, like always, Rob had an angle that benefited him that he wanted them to participate in. When they said no, he made it about them not being qualified.

No, I am not missing the point. Your analogy was off the mark.

I posted this earlier but this was a reply I did to his post on Twitter. Pretty benign and logical, if the number had been retired before he was on campus even he wouldn’t have been able to wear the 44. Not that controversial.

His reply was egocentric but whatever.

Then he proceeds at almost 1am last night to dm me this and then block me. I didn’t tweet or reply anything to him beyond my original tweet reply.

IMG_1931.jpeg

The guy needs help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom