Rutgers Steve Pikiell | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers Steve Pikiell

hoopsupstate

Living Legend
Very underrated coach. He’s done a great job at Rutgers. He’s recruiting quite well and his teams play very hard. They really have an offensive plan and they play good defense. He’s not afraid to mix things up on defense either. He would be someone SU should be interested in when JB retires.

Very underrated coach. He’s done a great job at Rutgers. He’s recruiting quite well and his teams play very hard. They really have an offensive plan and they play good defense. He’s not afraid to mix things up on defense either. He would be someone SU should be interested in when JB retires.
Why would he leave for Syracuse. I'm sure Rutgers can pay the same. Plus Rutgers is a better program now

I just checked his salary. He just received a new four year extension with a whopping $15 million dollar buyout. He’s making three million this year, but will reach $4 million by 2027. He signed through 2029. The buyout drops $2 million each year. He’s going nowhere.

I just checked his salary. He just received a new four year extension with a whopping $15 million dollar buyout. He’s making three million this year, but will reach $4 million by 2027. He signed through 2029. The buyout drops $2 million each year. He’s going nowhere.
th

Good idea. He’s an excellent coach. He lives in my town and my son is best friends with his daughter. If he becomes coach I become a board insider!

Cuse!
The guy I know, Mike Rankin, is a quality guy. Glad he was able to move up from here.

Yes

And I have faith in ADJW here

…if he chooses to go outside for the hire
Just talked to my kid. I asked him if he thought SU was a top 15 job. Now, he’s much more invested in the NBA, but he’s 19, a college sophomore, and plays basketball (well) many times a week.

His exact quote was that if he wasn’t the son of an SU fan, “he probably wouldn’t know who Syracuse is.”

Just talked to my kid. I asked him if he thought SU was a top 15 job. Now, he’s much more invested in the NBA, but he’s 19, a college sophomore, and plays basketball (well) many times a week.

His exact quote was that if he wasn’t the son of an SU fan, “he probably wouldn’t know who Syracuse is.”

So long tuition checks.

Why would he leave for Syracuse. I'm sure Rutgers can pay the same. Plus Rutgers is a better program now
As sarcastic as this is, Rutgers does probably pay the same as we would. No?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom