Class of 2015 - S Jonathan Crawford (FL) Verbal to Indiana | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 S Jonathan Crawford (FL) Verbal to Indiana

we'll if Syracuse gets Crawford as a DB that's a pretty good swap for GR. size wise Crawford dwarfs GR.

we'll if Syracuse gets Crawford as a DB that's a pretty good swap for GR. size wise Crawford dwarfs GR.

As far as I am aware, Robinson would have been a true CB and Crawford fits more of the Shamarko/Kelly safety role.

Need CB's bad.

As far as I am aware, Robinson would have been a true CB and Crawford fits more of the Shamarko/Kelly safety role.

Need CB's bad.

We need safeties in a bad way. This was kind of the point in the Robinson thread and why we may have backpedaled a bit on CBs.

We have TWO safeties on the roster for next year, assuming Eskridge leaves early, which I believe he will. Even if Morgan moves back to safety, which I think he will out of necessity we need to take at least one more safety, if not two in this class to be safe and balance the roster out.

Scissum and Rodney Williams-

Incoming - if everyone sticks
Prater (who knows whats going on with him)
Blair (qualification issues)
Fredericks

We have six CBs on the roster
Whigham
Morgan
Cordy
Hudson
Dowels
Winfield

Lamar Dawson
Ellison
Spence

We need safeties in a bad way. This was kind of the point in the Robinson thread and why we may have backpedaled a bit on CBs.

We have TWO safeties on the roster for next year, assuming Eskridge leaves early, which I believe he will. Even if Morgan moves back to safety, which I think he will out of necessity we need to take at least one more safety, if not two in this class to be safe and balance the roster out.

Scissum and Rodney Williams-

Prater (who knows whats going on with him)
Blair (qualification issues)
Fredericks

We have six CBs on the roster
Whigham
Morgan
Cordy
Hudson
Dowels
Winfield

Lamar Dawson
Ellison
Spence

While the numbers are accurate (I think Ellison may get a chance to play both when he makes it to campus), it is much easier to move a CB to play S then to move a S to CB. For example, moving Morgan and another to S from the CB's.

I think if Prater has dropped out of school, then he is either here for sure or not here for sure.

If the staff did as you think and backed off Robinson b/c they didn't want him, then the staff really messed up IMO.

I don't believe Robinson/Crawford was an either/or situation.

While the numbers are accurate (I think Ellison may get a chance to play both when he makes it to campus), it is much easier to move a CB to play S then to move a S to CB. For example, moving Morgan and another to S from the CB's.

I think if Prater has dropped out of school, then he is either here for sure or not here for sure.

If the staff did as you think and backed off Robinson b/c they didn't want him, then the staff really messed up IMO.

This didn't happen, so it can stop being a discussion point.

The staff only maybe messed up if your view on things is right. Fact is we only have 2 safeties on the roster and a lot of cbs. Immediate needs may have changed due to some other factors.

While we're moving players it's nice to have safeties that aren't midgets like Wilkes was. And why move corners to safety why not just recruit some safeties when you have the chance which it seems we have.

I like robinson but he's not without physical flaws, like being super skinny. And we don't know what his academics are like.

Way to go out on a limb there with prater.

Last edited:

Now that's a different question...
I don't think it's a one for one either.
But I do think there are 8-10 kids they are trying to squeeze into this class and they may have to make some room for them.

Crawford, Hale, Fox, Tears, Sheppard, Stocker, one DL, Parkinson, Najee Clayton and another WR

Its going to be fun to see how it shakes out.

RE: Prater, staff knows right now whether or not he is coming. That is what I was trying to convey through that.

Ok guys, you win. We knowingly stopped recruiting our best CB recruit. Got it.

Now that's a different question...
I don't think it's a one for one either.
But I do think there are 8-10 kids they are trying to squeeze into this class and they may have to make some room for them.

Crawford, Hale, Fox, Tears, Sheppard, Stocker, one DL, Parkinson, Najee Clayton and another WR

Its going to be fun to see how it shakes out.

No chance we take all those above barring a catastrophe.

For one, Hale (I believe), Tears, Parkinson, Clayton and your other WR are all WR's. Zero chance we take more then one of them (though we may take 1 or 2 whom are non-qualifiers).

Fox/Sheppard I believe are also for one spot (or we will truly tell someone to pack it if they each commit).

I really think Crawford picked up after Daiquan Kelly decommitted.

RE: Prater, staff knows right now whether or not he is coming. That is what I was trying to convey through that.

Ok guys, you win. We knowingly stopped recruiting our best CB recruit. Got it.

No chance we take all those above barring a catastrophe.

For one, Hale (I believe), Tears, Parkinson, Clayton and your other WR are all WR's. Zero chance we take more then one of them (though we may take 1 or 2 whom are non-qualifiers).

Fox/Sheppard I believe are also for one spot (or we will truly tell someone to pack it if they each commit).

I really think Crawford picked up after Daiquan Kelly decommitted.

I think it works up a bit more like this...

Parkison and Clayton are TE/Hybrid type kids. Our new OC likes TEs. We take one of them

Hale is a QB or Athlete or whatever you want to call him- we take him, we need athletes

Tears is a WR and I think we are targeting another WR- we need all the talent on O we can get- take one there

Crawford or Stocker- Safety- take one there

Fox or Sheppard- LB take one there

another DL

If everyone from last class shows in January, plus some of the above kids and the current commits, we have some number issues...
IMHO.. Which is worth the paper its printed on. :noidea:

depending on the number of academic non-qualifiers would could sign more than 25 kids.

You saying Robinson is our best corner is just your opinion. Who's to say Spence or Ellison or Dawson aren't better? - understand I like the kid and would like him to come here, but saying he's the best is unknown.

Could take Sheppard and Fox depending on their positions. Are they Ends or Linebackers, either or ? Are they projected at the same position?

Here’s my opinion from the known kids:

Parkinson OR Clayton – TE/HBack

Hale – Athlete – QB insurance

2 of:

Tears – WR
Claude – WR
Williams - WR

Crawford OR Stocker – Safety

Fox OR Brightwell – LB

Sheppard – DE

DL

I think another OL could pop up.

12 kids getting the most ‘public’ attention right now.

We currently have 21 committed kids with a minimum of 2 enrolling early and being back dated. We can conceivably sign 6 more kids and I think it could go as high as 8 or 9 depending on other factors.

lynden ostrander ‏@lynden_o 13m13 minutes ago
Largo HC Marcus Paschal says Florida is showing heavy interest in both @Jon0096 and @DonHale96. @TBO_PrepSports

can i dislike this. i read an article that said the CSU coach started following some florida based recruiter and it implied he's looking over all the florida prospects. tea leaves would indicate he's going to take the job. imho i think he'd first look at poaching big boy kids first before he looks to the florida type b-listers.

They only have 10 kids committed so they likely have a lot of room.

Jonathan Crawford ‏@Jon0096 41m41 minutes ago Largo, FL
Cuse
1f34a.png