Class of 2015 - S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS

I'd be willing to bet this factoid isn't something he came up with on his own, but was fed to him by a coach from another school that's recruiting against us. For most 18 year old recruits, their rear-view mirror perspective extends back 5, maybe 10 years at the most.

no no, the orangefizz guy mentioned the 15 year thing. I agree with you, these kids memory is short 5, 10 years MAX.

I'd be willing to bet this factoid isn't something he came up with on his own, but was fed to him by a coach from another school that's recruiting against us. For most 18 year old recruits, their rear-view mirror perspective extends back 5, maybe 10 years at the most.

It doesn't even go back that far. 10 years ago they were 7 years old.

It doesn't even go back that far. 10 years ago they were 7 years old.
I guess most recruits aren't like you or me, but my loyalty to the Cleveland Browns dates back to my formative years, when they were the closest NFL franchise to Rochester where I grew up (the AFL hadn't yet merged). Hence, the Browns games were picked up on local TV (WHEC I believe). It was also the glory days of Jim Brown Leroy Kelly, Paul Warfield. Lou (the toe) Groza, Bill Nelson, etc.

Seems more likely RU is still recruiting him hard because it makes them look bad losing in-state kids, rather than RU being enamored with him as a player.

Whitey23 said:
Taking all 5 officials. This one should be a roller coaster.

This might be some of the Toad spin factor. He told tos he was done with visits. This wouldn't be the first time Kelly had his quotes twisted by Toad.

Based on Kelly's words, even if he does visit, I think something spectacular would have to happen for him to change his mind. The fact that momma likes SUand he was ready to commit to SU months ago leads me to believe he's pretty solid. Plus, MSU, the other main contender, isn't even contacting him any longer.

Br76Q56IUAARcq6.jpg:large

Hilarious. Rutgers will drop you like a hot potato if you commit to them and visit elsewhere, but if someone commits elsewhere they will keep recruiting him until the bitter end. Keep rutgersing Rutgers.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...n-state_rutgers_and_michigan_state_knigh.html
I thought NJ.com and TOAD were surely ignoring that this commitment took place. Absolutely love that every Rutgers fan has to read about a top in-state commit going to Cuse. Weren't they planning on stacking up every recruit in the Northeast with their B1g affiliation?

Rutgers-board.png

Unfortunately these are all over the Turnpike and GSP. RU next to be committed? Kind of a funny question to be asking people who follow Rutgers, isn't it? The logical answer should be , "Yes, they should all be committed!"

I guess most recruits aren't like you or me, but my loyalty to the Cleveland Browns dates back to my formative years, when they were the closest NFL franchise to Rochester where I grew up (the AFL hadn't yet merged). Hence, the Browns games were picked up on local TV (WHEC I believe). It was also the glory days of Jim Brown Leroy Kelly, Paul Warfield. Lou (the toe) Groza, Bill Nelson, etc.
Dr. Frank Ryan - Gary Collins

Rough is an understatement. They are going to get absolutely hammered in some of their B1G games.
We can only hope that Rutgers gets embarrassed in the B-10 and drives a few more kids our way. It appears there is a 5 star RB in NJ we covet Now THAT would be a kick in their collective cajones.

I know it's the kid's prerogative and I can't blame him, but it still makes me nervous. Is this like dating but allowed to see other people?

I know it's the kid's prerogative and I can't blame him, but it still makes me nervous. Is this like dating but allowed to see other people?

It's more like if she committed to going to prom with you and is still dating other people in the meantime. It's still on, for now, but she could hit it off on one of her dates and things could change unexpectedly.

exhibit A why you keep recruiting other kids. We would obviously not hold this against him like other coaching staffs would and in some cases it's been noted we've encouraged other visits but because of them you just never know. His comment about saving 2 trips because other schools might 'come in' is more of a red flag to me. Kelly wants that Ped State offer.

I think the fine line is what other kids do you continue to recruit. I'd frankly want to recruit and offer AList kids and not a fall back BLister in January. I would probably be open with Kelly and say your our #1 but we're going to continue to recruit X, Y and Z kids. If one of those kids wanted on board then what do you do?

Gotta compete with these types of teams for the kids we really want. I welcome the challenge, we'll get an official visit too. Yes, it's nerve-wracking to hear this stuff, but it's the reality. Especially when you get a really early jump on your class. Time for phase 2: Hang on to what you've got.

I'd rather be in our position with this recruit and his verbal + relationships than Mich. St or Nebraska's.