Class of 2015 - S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS

I know Bnoro but I just feel like we are his b plan. I know Penn State is or was a football factory but look at Wayne Morgan. He had a PSU offer and he still came to SU. He seemed to weigh out all of his options (which seemed pretty good) and in the end wore orange. Kelly seems to be going oht if his way to get the offer from PSU. I just want our recruiting to not struggle so much. I know we are headed in the right direction. I hope Kelly chooses Syracuse and doesn't leave us hanging in the end.
Wayne Morgan was 100% not coming here until he waited too long and had to come here. Worst example you could have picked.

Wayne Morgan was 100% not coming here until he waited too long and had to come here. Worst example you could have picked.
I was just voicing my opinion that I did not have a good feeling about Kelly committing to Syracuse. You are making a more out of this that what it was meant to be. For the record though, it appears that Penn State waited too long, not Morgan. They waited too long to offer, just like I tried to explain in my first post. They wanted him and were waiting for his commitment all the way up to NSD. Sorry for the confusion though.

http://orangefizz.net/2012/01/wayne...-state-too-late-still-just-syracuse-vs-uconn/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...king-2012-national-signing-day-targets/page/3

I was just voicing my opinion that I did not have a good feeling about Kelly committing to Syracuse. You are making a more out of this that what it was meant to be. For the record though, it appears that Penn State waited too long, not Morgan. They waited too long to offer, just like I tried to explain in my first post. They wanted him and were waiting for his commitment all the way up to NSD. Sorry for the confusion though.

http://orangefizz.net/2012/01/wayne...-state-too-late-still-just-syracuse-vs-uconn/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...king-2012-national-signing-day-targets/page/3

Don't worry about Kelly. PSU has two kids committed at S that aren't going anywhere. There's no room at the inn for him there.

Also if i remember correctly PSU had offered Morgan earlier in his career, and then pulled the offer when he waited too long. O'Brien tried to get into it when he was hired but didn't even offer anyways.

Don't even mention his offer from Cuse, but they do mention the offers from MSU, Rutgers, Pitt and Nebraska.. hilarious

It looks like the writer took a page out of Toad's book to not mention SU, I guess they don't want to let the readers know who the real leader is.

In regards to PSU, I defer to Zaire Franklin.

Don't worry about Kelly. PSU has two kids committed at S that aren't going anywhere. There's no room at the inn for him there.

Also if i remember correctly PSU had offered Morgan earlier in his career, and then pulled the offer when he waited too long. O'Brien tried to get into it when he was hired but didn't even offer anyways.

He was definitely an early offer to Michigan, and all signs were pointing to him committing there until he waited too long.

scorched earth tonight. First BC now PSU. I'm going to monitor the Rutgers board for the next hit piece.

We will take what is ours.

Got heem

$avage ‏@tae_strick_23 54s
A HUGE PICK UP TODAY.. Shoutout to my boy @KellyDaiquan for committing to Syracuse! It's about to be crazy!! #JerseyBoys #CuseNation
1f3c8.png
1f4af.png

I can't wait to see how those Rutgers f***ers try to spin this one.

I will add "BOOM!!!"

Syracuse with another +1 over Rutgers this year

No need to hammer the guy the number left on the table scholly wise is getting smaller like a basket full of hot rolls in a big family dinner. Gotta grab early and no dropsies back into the basket. Only question is who is the target at this point?

Obviously ecstatic to have him in the fold. But I get the feeling (from early convos in this thread) that Kelly may be the hardest to hold onto down the stretch simply because he seems to have "bigger" aspirations.

Still for now, Whoooooooooo!!

couchburncouchburn:Ecouchburncouchburn

Yeaaah! Big pickup, congrats Mr. Kelly we are so happy to have you in Orange!

I agree he may be tough to hold on to but I hope he sees that our staff has been with him 100% through the whole process no games no Bull$#, cause I think that means something when you look at the longterm of spending 4yrs playing for a coaching staff, that's what you want.

Ottoble said:
Yeaaah! Big pickup, congrats Mr. Kelly we are so happy to have you in Orange! I agree he may be tough to hold on to but I hope he sees that our staff has been with him 100% through the whole process no games no Bull$# , cause I think that means something when you look at the longterm of spending 4yrs playing for a coaching staff, that's what you want.

I have no inside info - but it seems like Penn St and Mich State were playing games a little. While Acosta was keeping it real.