Class of 2015 - S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS

Nate Mink‏@MinkNate 42m
Note re: Daiquan Kelly: He is looking at an August decision after he visits Michigan State. Scheduled to visit Cuse this Sunday.

@KellyDaiquan · 1m
I'll be making my decision on who I'm committing to this weekend
1f44c.png
1f4af.png
1f3c8.png

@KellyDaiquan · 1m
I'll be making my decision on who I'm committing to this weekend
1f44c.png
1f4af.png
1f3c8.png
Interesting development...gotta like our chances here if he follows through with the visit on Sunday. Has not made a visit to Michigan St yet and no offer from PSU.

Interesting development...gotta like our chances here if he follows through with the visit on Sunday. Has not made a visit to Michigan St yet and no offer from PSU.
Have to think he still visits MSU, if they have spots left.

Have to think he still visits MSU, if they have spots left.

You think he commits here because less spots are available and takes his MSU visit when it is scheduled?
That way he has a spot here

You think he commits here because less spots are available and takes his MSU visit when it is scheduled?
That way he has a spot here
ya, and PSU of course as Phat mentions.

he deleted the tweet. What do you guys think of that?

I don't think he is planning to announce this weekend. I think he could with a great visit, but I don't think he is set on announcing Sunday.

Supposedly he is camping at Rutgers on Saturday.
He is participating in a 7v7 team tournament there. Im sure the Rutgers staff will be putting on the full court press while he's there. As long as he comes to Cuse Sunday. I like our chances.

Supposedly he is camping at Rutgers on Saturday.

he is visiting Rutgers Saturday, and Syracuse Sunday. Don't expect an announcement this weekend as he is still planning on getting out to see Michigan St. An August decision seems likely

Not intuned as well as others but I think are chances are decreasing

Not intuned as well as others but I think are chances are decreasing

Not at all. We should be considered a pretty heavy favorite. Only way we don't get him is if MSU starts to show a lot more interest then they are showing now, or a whole new school enters the picture.

Skowt doesn't even have him listed as a prospec for MSU. I even checked the defensive backs as well. I don't get it either. You would think with all of the attention our staff has given him, he wouldn't be looking for the next big thing. I don't have a good feeling about this one. I think we are going to get the Ogundeko treatment. I hope I am wrong. I also hope the back up plan is a good one.

If Blair makes it this year, in the long run probably a better talent, can't teach speed, and size. Plus he'll come with an attitude for the big boys not taking a chance.

If Blair makes it this year, in the long run probably a better talent, can't teach speed, and size. Plus he'll come with an attitude for the big boys not taking a chance.

We don't know if the play the same position. One a free safety, one a strong safety or OLB. Both kids play WR to. Just sayin we can take both kids.

We don't know if the play the same position. One a free safety, one a strong safety or OLB. Both kids play WR to. Just sayin we can take both kids.

Yep...a plugnplay type of thing and having the talent to play multiple positions is a good thing.

Would rather have both. And I think we can get both.

Would rather have both. And I think we can get both.
Sure we all would like to have both, bring back the type of safeties Darius, and Jones were. They terrified receivers, and could put a hurt on runners who happened to get in the secondary.

Skowt doesn't even have him listed as a prospec for MSU. I even checked the defensive backs as well. I don't get it either. You would think with all of the attention our staff has given him, he wouldn't be looking for the next big thing. I don't have a good feeling about this one. I think we are going to get the Ogundeko treatment. I hope I am wrong. I also hope the back up plan is a good one.
He's trying to get every offer he can before he makes a decision. Not sure what the big deal is. He likes Syracuse a lot and we are the favorites, IMO. This would be another huge pull from Jersey if it happens.

He's trying to get every offer he can before he makes a decision. Not sure what the big deal is. He likes Syracuse a lot and we are the favorites, IMO. This would be another huge pull from Jersey if it happens.

very offer he can before he makes a decision. Not sure what the big deal is. He likes Syracuse a lot and we are the favorites, IMO. This would be another huge pull from Jersey if it happens.[/quote]
I know Bnoro but I just feel like we are his b plan. I know Penn State is or was a football factory but look at Wayne Morgan. He had a PSU offer and he still came to SU. He seemed to weigh out all of his options (which seemed pretty good) and in the end wore orange. Kelly seems to be going oht if his way to get the offer from PSU. I just want our recruiting to not struggle so much. I know we are headed in the right direction. I hope Kelly chooses Syracuse and doesn't leave us hanging in the end.