Saw a tweet that summed up the local fan base | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Saw a tweet that summed up the local fan base

AAM62 said:
Adorable. I don't live in cuse but I would buy season tix at MetLife for cuse.

So what if you don't live in Syracuse.

AAM62 said:
The fact of the matter is they sell season tix for 99 bucks. It doesn't matter how poor the cny economy is, that's dirt cheap. It's not like there are pro sports up there. People need to stop crying and go show support to the team.

Fact of the matter is only a small subset of the seats are $99. Try checking the ticket prices. Since you don't go you probably never do check.

AAM62 said:
Not to mention that we get 26k for. Basketball game vs Cornell. I mean, come on. It's not a financial scenario at that point

We don't get 26k for Cornell and the price points for the 2 sports is different.

We played penn st at the dome in 2008 I believe.

It was a white out

True, but we were horrible and hopeless at the time.

In 2013, we were just as good as them and coming off our best season in 11 years.

It basically said that you can't cry about having games at MetLife and not show up to a divisional game at the dome. I believe I heard a mic drop at the end
I have a hard time with the people that complain about local fanbase. the local fanbase sucks because they aren't SU grads and because the football team has sucked for 15 years. SU grads aren't from Syracuse and they don't stay here. we don't have the built in advantages of a state school. we have lost a generation and a half of potential fans through ineptitude and bad football. I moved here in 2000 fresh out of college and there was a perceptible buzz on football gamedays, having season tickets meant something. 15 years later and a game against a conference opponent and no one gives a damn. they need to win and they need to win now or we are going to get buried in the ACC and be fighting with wake forest to not be the worst each year.

upperdeck said:
tickets were $7 on stubhub sat.

Not as many people as you think even know about stubhub. Internet surfers do. And a lot of those cheap seats being sold by some other SU fan just replaced 1 SU fan with another. It doesn't add to the tickets sold.

The fact of the matter is they sell season tix for 99 bucks. It doesn't matter how poor the cny economy is, that's dirt cheap. It's not like there are pro sports up there. People need to stop crying and go show support to the team.

People that don't attend games don't get to judge.

Buy a season ticket and don't show up so you get counted as an attendee, you can be part of the "Announced Crowd" and not one of the butts in seats.

Walk the walk.

People that don't attend games don't get to judge.

Buy a season ticket and don't show up so you get counted as an attendee, you can be part of the "Announced Crowd" and not one of the butts in seats.

Walk the walk.
Do you live in CNY?

Yes I do and never miss a game. I have 4 season tickets, my brother has 3, by good friend that tailgates with me has 6.

I have more season tickets than people in my family, just in case a friend wants to attend.

Next question.
Congrats. My angst is directed towards the locals that don't go. I respect what you do for the program.

Congrats. My angst is directed towards the locals that don't go. I respect what you do for the program.

I can't honestly fault the locals that don't go. They have their reasons, what I don't like is people that sit on high from afar and judge.

I can only affect the fans that are close to me, that I work with maybe or ones that have had or have seasons that live here. I know that SU has lost 4 season ticket holders because those folks had children and don't go anymore.

I brought my newborn to games, she will grow up to be a diehard.

rrlbees said:
Not as many people as you think even know about stubhub. Internet surfers do. And a lot of those cheap seats being sold by some other SU fan just replaced 1 SU fan with another. It doesn't add to the tickets sold.

No but it's better than an empty seat.

I can't honestly fault the locals that don't go. They have their reasons, what I don't like is people that sit on high from afar and judge.

I can only affect the fans that are close to me, that I work with maybe or ones that have had or have seasons that live here. I know that SU has lost 4 season ticket holders because those folks had children and don't go anymore.

I brought my newborn to games, she will grow up to be a diehard.
I don't sit from afar and judge. I donate, went to every MetLife game, and will be up for Clemson. I'm directly involved and I'm judging every shill who has a lot to say on Internet forums but are too cheap to spend a couple of bucks and show up. The game day environment has an impact not only on the outcome of the game but on recruiting. So just stop, there's a lot of people out there who can have an impact but they would rather bash teenagers on Syracuse.com

AAM62 said:
I don't sit from afar and judge. I donate, went to every MetLife game, and will be up for Clemson. I'm directly involved and I'm judging every shill who has a lot to say on Internet forums but are too cheap to spend a couple of bucks and show up. The game day environment has an impact not only on the outcome of the game but on recruiting. So just stop, there's a lot of people out there who can have an impact but they would rather bash teenagers on Syracuse.com

If you go to Giants Stadium, do you live in the NYC area?

So you are showing up for 1 game, Clemson. Kudos, donate away, doesn't help the game day atmosphere you are complaining about.

Donate less and spend money to attend or is your time more important than others you complain about that think the same way.

AAM62 said:
100 dollars for 7 games. You want to bi! out out of towners for not coming up. Why don't you guys as a community look in the damn mirror!

For the 2nd time, those are a small subset of the seats. You think the whole stadium is $99 seasons? And those sections aren't the problem.

CanadianSU said:
We have 100$ season tickets... And tickets are too expensive? Sorry..what...

Go look at the seating charts and prices instead of sitting there and complaining and not going yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom