Sean Tucker: Buccaneers | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker: Buccaneers

So after taxes (about 30% state and federal) and agent cut, plus lawyer fee and manager cut, he will see about $80-85k of that. Not bad for a few months work.

Hopefully he can parlay that into a bigger contract.
Helps a little that Florida has no state income tax, I think.

So after taxes (about 30% state and federal) and agent cut, plus lawyer fee and manager cut, he will see about $80-85k of that. Not bad for a few months work.

I assume if he makes the final roster they have to pay him the league minimum.

League minimum is $750k.

For practice squad, it is $11,500 a week, or $207,500 for the season.

Not bad.
Its great money, as long as he doesn't spend it!

Hopefully he is medically cleared, finds a role, and gets a life changing contract in a couple years.

The guaranteed amount is different than if he makes the team. The league minimum is like $750k a year.

an "afterthought now"? What does that even mean?
It means I think the most important thing for Tucker is his health. As far as I can tell no one here knows what his heart issue is, only speculation. It may or may not be significant to impact his playing career. I just hope everyone, Tucker included, is putting his health first.

Would it be safe to assume that Tucker had his pick on a variety of teams, but purposely choose the Bucs because of their current RB situation? If so, smart move. He will have his chance to battle for a spot.. and we all know what will happen. He’s going to shine.

This stuff with Tucker's health, I do not know much about it, and based on the posts in this thread, there is some mystery surrounding it.

Are the issues real, or speculation?
Has he had these health issues all season?
How did it impact his performance?

I remain with the belief that Anae just sucks and sucked the wind out of my sails this season. I was looking forward to Tucker shining, and he was basically a decoy all season, like some big overthinking things gambit that utterly failed.

Honestly so bad that I forgot the dumb Wagner game and the bowl game he did not attend.

FF75ACD4-0D9C-4549-98CC-CCF884CC4D9A.jpeg
Just realized something, I now have to root for Payne Durham.

It means I think the most important thing for Tucker is his health. As far as I can tell no one here knows what his heart issue is, only speculation. It may or may not be significant to impact his playing career. I just hope everyone, Tucker included, is putting his health first.

Tucker will do what Tucker wants to do. If he feels the risk is worth it, who are we to question him. Obviously, he think it's worth it, so it's not an "afterthought" to him. Not everyone stops what they're doing because of a health condition. Geez Louise.

Tucker will do what Tucker wants to do. If he feels the risk is worth it, who are we to question him. Obviously, he think it's worth it, so it's not an "afterthought" to him. Not everyone stops what they're doing because of a health condition. Geez Louise.
Exactly. Besides, he was eventually cleared and we don’t even know what it was/ is.

This stuff with Tucker's health, I do not know much about it, and based on the posts in this thread, there is some mystery surrounding it.

Are the issues real, or speculation?
Has he had these health issues all season?
How did it impact his performance?

I remain with the belief that Anae just sucks and sucked the wind out of my sails this season. I was looking forward to Tucker shining, and he was basically a decoy all season, like some big overthinking things gambit that utterly failed.

Honestly so bad that I forgot the dumb Wagner game and the bowl game he did not attend.
I'm under the impression that the health issue that is affecting everything now is unrelated to what happened during the season. I doubt that he would've been allowed to play live football if it was known he had the type of condition that prevented him from participating in drills at the combine.

It's hard to say if he was used as a decoy more because he had an injury that kept him from being himself or because Anae is morally opposed to running a stud RB. I'm leaning more toward the former simply because we know how Dino likes to lean on a stud RB.

Yeah, hopefully it was something that was uncovered at the combine that warranted initial caution but under further assessment was found to be not as serious. At some point you lean on the medical professionals and trust they know what they're doing.

I'm under the impression that the health issue that is affecting everything now is unrelated to what happened during the season. I doubt that he would've been allowed to play live football if it was known he had the type of condition that prevented him from participating in drills at the combine.

It's hard to say if he was used as a decoy more because he had an injury that kept him from being himself or because Anae is morally opposed to running a stud RB. I'm leaning more toward the former simply because we know how Dino likes to lean on a stud RB.

With Elmore gone and the problems with the O-line, we just couldn't get him some space. He'd get to the hole and a second wave of defenders would overwhelm him. Anae's use of him as a pass receiver probably helped his pro potential.

Yeah, hopefully it was something that was uncovered at the combine that warranted initial caution but under further assessment was found to be not as serious. At some point you lean on the medical professionals and trust they know what they're doing.

I wonder if Damar Hamlin plays a role in their thinking. It may not have been the same condition but they may not want to take a chance.

Last edited:
I wonder if Damar Hamlin plays a role in their thinking. It may not have bene the same condition but they may not want to take a chance.

Doubt it since Hamlin does not exactly have a "condition." Suffered a cardiac event that unfortunately has happened several times before in other sports due to the heart being hit at exactly the right time. Haven't read everything about his own health history, but I believe what happened to him could happen to anyone, no matter how heart-healthy they are.

I didn't say an NFL career was an afterthought to Tucker, I was speaking to my stance on his situation. That, as a human, at this point I care to see him have a healthy life than to have the selfish desire to see him running all over the yard on Sundays. God forbid that be a consideration.. Geez Louise.

I didn't say an NFL career was an afterthought to Tucker, I was speaking to my stance on his situation. That, as a human, at this point I care to see him have a healthy life than to have the selfish desire to see him running all over the yard on Sundays. God forbid that be a consideration.. Geez Louise.
You don’t even know what the condition is, a little quick to be judging people over it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom