(Semi OT) Where'd you get your username? | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

(Semi OT) Where'd you get your username?

He's prolly out trying to catch them all.. but you can't!

Pokemon joke... Pikachu...

no?

I'll just get back to work then.
well that didnt go over too good,

here, let me get the door for you...

bigstock-Door-To-Brick-Wall-54107135.jpg

Doc - Nickname
5 was my bball # sr year, 12 was my bball # jr year and just added the 0

Last edited:
Uel = My actual middle name that became my nickname in college, really because of my sister who was two years ahead of me in school. (A slightly interesting story)
SU = Obvious.

As a longtime reader of this site (although infrequent poster) I've gotten used to seeing both SU and non SU related usernames. So my question is where did yours come from?

Mine is pretty simple. My freshman year at SU I lived on the 14th floor of Lawrinson.
Well, I mostly just read but grew up in you know where, but spent alot of time on the hill, not attending school.

Pretty simple: being a resident of Florida = Fla
connection to Syracuse or of one being from/ of Syracuse = Syracusian

Cobbled together yields Flacusian

As a longtime reader of this site (although infrequent poster) I've gotten used to seeing both SU and non SU related usernames. So my question is where did yours come from?

Mine is pretty simple. My freshman year at SU I lived on the 14th floor of Lawrinson.
Not sure if I'm already in this thread or not. I'm a Philly fan and my favorite flyer (Orange) is always whoever is wearing #44. My jersey is Janne ninimma (was traded soon after purchase). Then Joni Pitkanen took the #. That was my first user name here on the old platform. When the site moved and we had to re-sign up, I picked Timonen since that was the Flyer who had #44 at the time.

Used to pretty much just lurk here and post occasionally for several years when it was a Skout board and had my original Minnesota Vikings Skout board handle PurpleViking. This eventually became OrangeViking on this new board.

I'm a Temple alum but grew up a 'Cuse basketball fan. I really started to get into the Orange(men) during the Lawrence Moten/John Wallace days. My first game at the Dome was in '96 against Villanova (Kittles vs Wallace). The 'Cuse lost that game. As a Temple alum/fan that day was a head start on my hate for the Vile...

I had no choice, my mother chose the first part for me and my oldest obsession determined the second part. :cool:

I used to be Choop for many years but on one of our many board migrations suddenly the system said that I couldn't use Choop because it was already taken (sly blacklisting by "THE MAN" I assumed - :)) so I went "full monty" (not the movie one) and expanded to my current screen name.