(Semi OT) Where'd you get your username? | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

(Semi OT) Where'd you get your username?

Headmaster 9 said:
Cry .. Auto correct sucks

You can edit your own posts

<<<<You gotta admit that's pretty dang funny.

Think I came up with it b/c he was playing out of his mind at the time and I knew it would piss off the people on the GT and Duke forums cuz they WISHED he was on their team. I actually was complimented on it by a rare non-loser on the Duke board.

My name is just a random play on the historical trail of people saying how afraid of clowns they are. I don't fear them myself - they're just lame. And maybe a bit disturbing in some cases.

The avatar is somebody's rendition of the main character from what I consider to be possibly the greatest novel of the 20th Century (A Confederacy of Dunces). Ignatius was an emotionally and sexually stunted conservative down South, but proved one could still expose the weaknesses of most others by bulldozing ahead with relentless, self-deluded abandon. Kinda like Donald Trump!

Last edited:
My name is just a random play on the hisorical trail of people saying how afraid of clowns they are. I don't fear them myself - they're just lame. And maybe a bit disturbing in some cases.

The avatar is somebody's rendition of the main character from what I consider to be possibly the greatest novel of the 20th Century (A Confederacy of Dunces). Ignatius was an emotionally and s e xually stunted conservative down South, but proved one could still expose the weaknesses of most others by bulldozing ahead with relentless, self-deluded abandon. Kinda like Donald Trump!

I love O'Toole's "Confederacy of Dunces".

But there is no parallel between Trump and poor Ignatius. But there is between Minkoff and several Dem politicians.

They keep trying to make a movie about Toole's Confederency of Dunces. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was the first choice, but now it looks like Nick Offerman. They are trying a stage show first.
As for my name on the board - given name Cuse, and I have always liked Seattle :).

Last edited:
There is a small but growing group of us down here!

Suinaustin, if you ever go down the the the Tavern for games we've probably seen each other there.

For the East of the Mississippi folks, ATX = Austin Texas. AKA, the 512. AKA Centex. AKA Keep it weird.

suttree is also in Austin. You've got a nice little group down there.

There is a small but growing group of us down here!

Suinaustin, if you ever go down the the the Tavern for games we've probably seen each other there.

For the East of the Mississippi folks, ATX = Austin Texas. AKA, the 512. AKA Centex. AKA Keep it weird.

Unfortunately I have not seen any games at the Tavern. Nice to know there is a place for I may trek down there some time. A know I few others that may be interested as well. Thanks for the info OrangeInATX

I love O'Toole's "Confederacy of Dunces".

But there is no parallel between Trump and poor Ignatius. But there is between Minkoff and several Dem politicians.

You're partly right about Trump - but then there's the rest of the field...

Cuz it's where I live. When I first started hanging on Syracuse.com it was CowtownCuse, because everyone there was some variation of "Cuse." But then we eventually were all banned for heaping abuse on the SU-hater trolls there, so when I came here I shortened it to just Cowtown. :)

il_570xN.347381804.jpg

I felt my handle best described what the feeling would be after a Syracuse national championship in football or basketball - a state of perfect orange happiness. At the time, such a state of mind could only be imagined (unless you were around in 1959).

Plus when I joined this little online community in the late 90's I was in high school and really into grunge even though Cobain had been dead for a few years.

Born here, raised here, buried here. And an alum, '97.

Sherm was the best college point I ever saw (I may be slightly biased, but seriously, he was unreal). I also enjoy being called "General". Who wouldn't?
Good friend in college busted out of school, got drafted to Nam and the day he left he wrote on frat house bulletin board "I Shall Return". From that day on, I always called him "The General".

PS...did return and graduated.