(Semi OT) Where'd you get your username? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

(Semi OT) Where'd you get your username?

I started out as Connecticut Orange, but that was too long, so I changed it to CTOrange. But that was too long, so I changed it to cto. Then when we moved from rivals to scout, we had to have five digits.. so i changed it to cto44. I tried to change it back to cto when we moved here, but, alas, it was too late. But since everyone calls me cto anyhow, i guess it makes no difference.

I lived in Sadler freshman year, then Lawrinson, then in a house on Ackerman and then an apartment on Osprey (think that was the name of the street).

What floor?

I started out as Connecticut Orange, but that was too long, so I changed it to CTOrange. But that was too long also, so I changed it to cto. Then when we moved from rivals to scout, we had to five digits.. so i changed it to cto44. I tried to change it back to cto when we moved here, but, alas, it was too late. But since everyone calls me cto anyhow, i guess it makes no difference.

Being into photography, I always thought CTO was in reference to an Orange filter. CTO stands for "Color Temperature Orange".

Manleyzoo as in charter member of the original Manley Zoo way way way back in the day. Yes, we threw nasty stuff (the chicken story is true) on the court and made as many futile and disgusting gestures as we could dream up in the moment.
I too was a charter member.

Being into photography, I always thought CTO was in reference to an Orange filter. CTO stands for "Color Temperature Orange".
That's funny. When I met SoBristol at the NCAA's in SLC three years ago, he said he thought I was a computer techie... and that cto stood for chief technology officer ... which was also funny because I am practically computer illiterate!

That's funny. When I met SoBristol at the NCAA's in SLC three years ago, he said he thought I was a computer techie... and that cto stood for chief technology officer ... which was also funny because I am practically computer illiterate!

hmm i thought you were a chemical technology officer

As a longtime reader of this site (although infrequent poster) I've gotten used to seeing both SU and non SU related usernames. So my question is where did yours come from?

Mine is pretty simple. My freshman year at SU I lived on the 14th floor of Lawrinson.
Lawrinson 14 nicknamed themselves "The Bisons" in 1972-73 because many of them were from the Buffalo area.

I could tell you but I'd have to kill you...:mad:

OK, if you agree to kill yourself after you read this...:cool:

It's my initials and the year I graduated from SU. If I had to do it over again, I'd use "LGO" instead of SWC because I invented that abbreviation for the chat room. But, as with stuckinbig11 and others, once you have an identity, you don't like to mess with it.

LGO! :)

I could tell you but I'd have to kill you...:mad:

OK, if you agree to kill yourself after you read this...:cool:

It's my initials and the year I graduated from SU. If I had to do it over again, I'd use "LGO" instead of SWC because I invented that abbreviation for the chat room. But, as with stuckinbig11 and others, once you have an identity, you don't like to mess with it.

LGO! :)

wait, arent your initials TMIMITW??

I too was a charter member.

Maybe it's time, for some of the newer members, for someone who has been there from the beginning to summarize the history of the various boards there have been for SU fans and who was part of the original core group That and the bio post that was done some time ago and this one could be pinned or archived somewhere.

SU fan NC is the state I'm in, but easily substituted with National Champions on any occasion

TinyManInside is the name of my music/recording group, and it also serves as the initials for my guitar amplifier company.

Way back in the day I used to be either AtomiCuse (chemistry phd student while at Syracuse), then changed that to MasonAtom (my first and middle names). Then changed to TinyManInside when we moved over here.

Mason

Maybe it's time, for some of the newer members, for someone who has been there from the beginning to summarize the history of the various boards there have been for SU fans and who was part of the original core group That and the bio post that was done some time ago and this one could be pinned or archived somewhere.

Most of what I remember from those AOL days was engaging every day all day in some serious trash talking with NYCatFan, a Kentucky diehard.

Cuyahoga - I live in Cuyahoga County, Ohio (Cleveland)
Cuse - self explanatory

Have been around, mostly lurking, since AOL days. Was once Queen City Cuse, when I lived in Cincinnati in the 90's.