Seth Davis - "It doesn't count as a win if you don't score 50"... | Syracusefan.com

Seth Davis - "It doesn't count as a win if you don't score 50"...

Secretly he probably wants us to lose all the time and is still sore about that Montana prediction.

882632_10151479423081893_1863117931_o.jpg

Still salty about this, I suppose.

In all Fairness this shows what a idiot he is.

We rallied and scored on 7-8 out of 10 possessions down the stretch to win the game and had some huge defensive stops and tough rebounds.

I agree we didn't earn it the first 15 minutes of the second half, but we sure as H@ll earned it the last 5 minutes and he can't take that away with his bs.

Last edited:
More importantly it doesn't count as a loss if you score more points than the other team, no matter how few you score.

In fairness that was one hell of an ugly game. Yes, we came out on top, but Miami managed to make us look like Butt. I was sure we had left those style games behind when we moved to the ACC. Leave it to another former Big East team to drag us back into a rock fight.

Actually, it doesn't count as a win when the opposing team outscores you. (See Duke vs. Notre Dame).

Tough to score 50 when UM holds the ball for 30 seconds every possession.

The best wins are when you play bad, the other team plays great and you still win.
We sat back inside the 3 point line and allowed them to dictate the pace the whole game and we didn't exactly pick up the pace on offense.

Nantz : "And now to our next bracket. The #1 seed in the east, Syracuse. And they will be playing..."

Davis quickly interrupting before the 16 seed is even revealed: "This is my upset special folks, Remember UNC:Asheville?"

Cooney couldn't hit the broad side of a barn today. And we're still winning and a damn good team. Sometimes adversity makes the goal that much more desirable. But holy hell, what a sheite show of a game

Hasn't he been saying we're the best team in the country all along?

Yeah. The Seth Davis hate is one of the dopiest running themes on this board. Though I kind of hate his dad.

Love that we won today. And we did win. But everyone on here would be blasting an opponent who couldn't crack 50 even with the benefit of late-game intentional fouling. It was ugly, especially for a top-five team.

This is how you know we won, in the words of Jim Boeheim, "that's why they invented scoreboards"

I thought Miami played excellent defense and hit a lot of threes. I kind of expected a blowout. The 1-2-2 was very effective against the Orange offense. But if Cooney hit one or two threes this could easily have been turned into a blowout. Michigan State beat UK using a 1-2-2 defense. Again, I think this victory was much better than it looks to people who did not watch the game. I thought Miami played very well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom