Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twisting words to fit the narrative. Amazing.

What you probably fail to realize, is that almost every program has ebbs and flows for the most part. JB has done a remarkable job keeping us fairly consistent over a long period of time. Will he be able to pull us from the past few years of relative below normal performance? I think so, based on his past results. If you want a program in decline, look at Indiana. Were not quite there yet, so stop acting like not signing a 50-100 rank type recruit is the apocalypse of the program.

The negative hyperbole with some folks here... I’m with HOF, it’s so over the top it deserves to be laughed at.

I’m being hyperbolic and obviously I’d rather see Andre come to Syracuse...but it’s funny as hell.

SU Dreaming... Come back,,
We miss your friend too.
tracey-jordan-nope.gif.cf.gif

We’ve had players start their freshman year ranked lower than Goodine and Girard.

Brandon Triche and Craig Forth come to mind.

I get people being upset, but at least don’t exaggerate.

I think there’s truth from both angles.

We got a lot of really good classes from like the mid 00s to early 10’s. That Flynn class along with studs like Harris and Devo kinda got us back on track in 09, and then we had an era where we were actually landing stud centers.

But arguably our best team in that era was led by lowly rated recruits in Rautins, Wes, AO, and Triche.

Last edited:
Twisting words to fit the narrative. Amazing.

Twisting your words...dude this is how you answered when asked what if we landed five star prospect Isaiah Jackson

Let's see how it all plays out. Currently, the narrative in this thread is Andre Jackson, who many have said we were a shoo-in to receive a commitment from and who has, by all accounts, been our top recruit this cycle, is heading to UConn. That ain't good no matter how you slice it, IMO.

How am I mis-interpreting you?

Not going to pretend to know or care about UCONN's style of play (block it out every season). But after looking at their roster and the number of players with multiple years of eligibility remaining, not sure where early PT comes in (unless Hurley is openly telling recruits they can beat out the current roster because they aren't his guys).

This is over. He’s headed to UConn. Hate to break that news but I just got word from my source at SU. However, Isiah Jackson Is loving SU and really really good chance he is orange. This isn’t speculation because I’m not that guy to stir the pot just because. I love su everything but unfortunately AJ is UConn bound

I hope we get Jackson. He's an Upstate kid, who plays at an AAU program we have a strong relationship with. His jumping is off the charts. But he's also a thin tweener who is not a good shooter. He's a piece, not the piece. Candidly, his committing wouldnt get us any closer to beating Duke, UNC, UVA, and Louisville.

I don’t usually feel bad for the staff, but this one I feel bad for them on. I know the whole story and they did everything they could. Truly everything and sometimes kids just see it a different way... it’s hard to spend 2-3 years recruiting a kid that doesn’t end up coming. It’s always harder than people think. Always

I don’t usually feel bad for the staff, but this one I feel bad for them on. I know the whole story and they did everything they could. Truly everything and sometimes kids just see it a different way... it’s hard to spend 2-3 years recruiting a kid that doesn’t end up coming. It’s always harder than people think. Always

Thanks for the intel. Any insight on the factors? PT?

So are we ok with loosing the last two players who could have really helped this program to them. ? We need to be and should be the big boys on the block

Agreed, and it also seems like we didn’t have to settle for the “the staff did everything they could” excuse when Hop was on staff. Losing this kid to UConn is another sign of how mediocre our recruiting has become. We used to lock in multiple top 50 guys and now we are talking up the potential of 100+ guys like we are St. John’s.

Not going to pretend to know or care about UCONN's style of play (block it out every season). But after looking at their roster and the number of players with multiple years of eligibility remaining, not sure where early PT comes in (unless Hurley is openly telling recruits they can beat out the current roster because they aren't his guys).
Seriously? UConn only has 1 player between 6’4
and 6’8; and that is Sid Wilson who wasnt good last year and is pretty much a poor mans Andre. UConn has 1s and 2s and 4s and 5s. Unless Sid Wilson breaks out this year or Hurley signs another 3, Dre should step on campus with about 30 minutes of guaranteed PT

I’m not looking forward to the inevitable GMac bitchslapping on this board and elsewhere. There is no logical reason for any kid to pick UConn over Cuse. If GMac really sucked as a recruiter as much as some would lead you to believe that it is JB‘s fault that he keeps sending him out. My guess is that Jackson for whatever reason wanted to get away from home but still close enough that his family could come watch him. Maybe he got a bag maybe he didn’t. I tend to doubt it. Doesn’t matter at all.
I am as pissed and as dumbfounded as anyone. This is the kind of kid we should get. But there is some reason we didn’t and I’m not ready to shoot GMaC because my guess is that at the end of the day it was something as simple as this kid not wanting to be at home. It also could be that this kid was too chickenshit to come in without a guaranteed starting job and if that is the case that does say a lot about the kid.
I’m on to isiaiah the 5 star Jackson. Because if we get him this Andre Jackson mess does not matter.

I’m not looking forward to the inevitable GMac bitchslapping on this board and elsewhere. There is no logical reason for any kid to pick UConn over Cuse. If GMac really sucked as a recruiter as much as some would lead you to believe that it is JB‘s fault that he keeps sending him out. My guess is that Jackson for whatever reason wanted to get away from home but still close enough that his family could come watch him. Maybe he got a bag maybe he didn’t. I tend to doubt it. Doesn’t matter at all.
I am as pissed and as dumbfounded as anyone. This is the kind of kid we should get. But there is some reason we didn’t and I’m not ready to shoot GMaC because my guess is that at the end of the day it was something as simple as this kid not wanting to be at home. It also could be that this kid was too chickenshit to come in without a guaranteed starting job and if that is the case that does say a lot about the kid.
I’m on to isiaiah the 5 star Jackson. Because if we get him all of this other does not matter. No
I hate these kind of takes

First, there is no logical reason to choose UConn over Cuse? What about PT? What about him wanting to get of an area he’s lived his whole life and try something different? Maybe he liked the dorms better. Maybe hes closer friends with some UConn kids? Maybe he liked their staff more? Maybe he preferred their style of play and how’d they use him?

With statements like these we also seem to take the kids personal preferences out of it. We just think ACC > Big East and that’s enough

im sure JB and GMac exhausted all options. Sometimes you just don’t get kids no matter how long you’re on them and what you do.

give it a rest

I’m on to isiaiah the 5 star Jackson. Because if we get him this Andre Jackson mess does not matter.

Uhm, storz and cuse are about equidistant from home. The difference in distance is so small, its less than trivial.

I highly doubt a bag was involved. Lol.

PT or style of play could be a factor. Or maybe he just got along better with the uconn coaches. Who knows.

Here is a bag for you and here is a bag for you. And one bag for you. What do you think they are? Oprah or Ellen. Look there are reasons (instant playing time) why Andre could pick UConn. Maybe Andre wants to be a one and done. If he does, he probably has a better chance to do this at UConn rather than Syracuse, This board is going nuts over the speculation that he is going to UConn. While I would like him to go to Syracuse, I can’t get excited if he wants to a 1 and done and go to the NBA. I can’t see that happening based on his outside shot making skills, but who knows, maybe he could be another Derrick Jones, Jr. Oh yeah, his skills did not really materialize after being a one and done.

Syracuse basketball will become a lame duck situation because within 3 years or less Jim Boeheim will retire. There is no clear successor. High school players graduating in this period will want to know how will be their coach if (a big If) they play 4 years at SU. This could be another reason why Andre May be considering. The entire SU coaching staff could be gone in the next 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom