Class of 2024 - SF Cooper Flagg (ME) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SF Cooper Flagg (ME)

He will have a shot at that anywhere he goes.
1 year at a top D1 program will gain Cooper so much exposure for a great foundation to build his brand, NIL dollars and more. He is special and his college games will gain extra attention. Playing in Europe for a year or in the G League will not be the same.

1 year at a top D1 program will gain Cooper so much exposure for a great foundation to build his brand, NIL dollars and more. He is special and his college games will gain extra attention. Playing in Europe for a year or in the G League will not be the same.
He already is a household name. He's the best prospect since Lebron and will get exposure or NIL anywhere from major companies. I am just saying don't go to Duke or UK and play with other 5 stars where you will get 8 shots a game. That will be boring and will not get him ready for the NBA. Play somewhere where he can be Lebron.

He already is a household name. He's the best prospect since Lebron and will get exposure or NIL anywhere from major companies. I am just saying don't go to Duke or UK and play with other 5 stars where you will get 8 shots a game. That will be boring and will not get him ready for the NBA. Play somewhere where he can be Lebron.
Look at Carmelo, he had a nice supporting cast that could win. He was featured and got plenty of exposure at Syracuse. I'm not saying we have a shot at Flagg, but we are putting together a nice roster, one where a guy like him could put us over the hump. It's hard to project what the roster will be in a couple of years, but Red and Co. seem to be doing very well on the recruiting trail and we should feel confident in our rosters moving forward.

Look at Carmelo, he had a nice supporting cast that could win. He was featured and got plenty of exposure at Syracuse. I'm not saying we have a shot at Flagg, but we are putting together a nice roster, one where a guy like him could put us over the hump. It's hard to project what the roster will be in a couple of years, but Red and Co. seem to be doing very well on the recruiting trail and we should feel confident in our rosters moving forward.
Of course. I am happy with our recruiting, but there's too many Duke apologists on this board and they succcccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk.

Best prospect since Lebron? AD, Zion, DRose?

Yes, better than the other 3. He could play professionally right now.
I saw him play in two games this past week. He is a very good prospect with proven skills. He is good enough to play in college right now as a 16 year old. He is not ready to play in the NBA.

He could be a starter on any college team right now and is skilled enough to be the man on many Division 1 teams. He needs to be able to demonstrate his skills against other players of his ability On a day to day basis. While the caliber was good in the Peach Jam E16 tournament, it was not sufficient to challenge Cooper Flag‘s skills.

He needs to demonstrate and hopefully show he can dominate in college. Once he does that in his freshman or sophomore year, he will be ready for the pros.

Are we even trying to get in on the Cooper Flagg sweepstakes? The kid's from our part of the country and perhaps is a fan. AA and staff have been swinging for the fences so why not offer him and his brother Ace?

There appears to be momentum picking up steam for Flagg to reclass to 2024.

I think Luka and Wemby were better prospects. I know Luka went third, but that's because people are idiots.

But otherwise I agree.

Ignite is about to put five guys into the draft next year and maybe the top two guys overall. He should just go play on Ignite, work on what he needs to, get bigger, if he's interested in college, he can take classes while on Ignite that they offer to all players.

Duke, blah. Give me a break.

No one cares about college basketball outside of the tournament for your brand. It's bad basketball, relatively. Flagg is doing just fine without the Dukes of the world, already.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering. Might SU offer the Flaggs and/or the Boozers? Would be long shots for sure, but why the heck not? :)

If we could reel in Bethea, I'd imagine it would make it a more appealing landing spot if he reclassifies. He gets to stay in the northeast.

But, again, as I posted in my other post, I don't think he should touch a college team.

I think Luka and Wemby were better prospects. I know Luka went third, but that's because people are idiots.

But otherwise I agree.

Ignite is about to put five guys into the draft next year and maybe the top two guys overall. He should just go play on Ignite, work on what he needs to, get bigger, if he's interested in college, he can take classes while on Ignite that they offer to all players.

No one cares about college basketball outside of the tournament for your brand. It's bad basketball, relatively. Flagg is doing just fine without the Dukes of the world, already.
I should have stayed American prospect. No kid has dominated AAU quite like him.

Last edited:

But otherwise I agree.

No college basketball killed Scoot's BRAND.

Oh wait...

Seriously, can we stop bringing it up? The non college players (Wemby, Scoot, Thompson twins) have much better "brands" than any of the 1 year college players.

Carmelo was 20 years ago. The landscape has changed.

Carmelo was 20 years ago. The landscape has changed.
I know. I was pointing out that a guy like Flagg could go to a school with a solid roster not consisting of all top 5 players and take them on a run and be THE focal point. That being said, I don’t think Flagg goes to college at all.

The one knock I have on Coop is that he stayed playing with his u16 age group this summer instead of playing up with the u17s. His body and skill would still hold up playing a year up... his numbers may not be as gaudy but still elite imo.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering. Might SU offer the Flaggs and/or the Boozers? Would be long shots for sure, but why the heck not? :)
Carlos Boozer said it's not a given that his sons will go to Duke, but I think that's posturing for a big NIL. We should go hard for the Flaggs and sell them on a rivalry in the conference, and of course get the big donors to offer a competitive NIL. The Flaggs would instantly put us back to the top.

Carlos Boozer said it's not a given that his sons will go to Duke, but I think that's posturing for a big NIL. We should go hard for the Flaggs and sell them on a rivalry in the conference, and of course get the big donors to offer a competitive NIL. The Flaggs would instantly put us back to the top.
I know someone who would have gone all out for Flagg.

He never went all out for anyone. Why would he have gone all out for Flagg?
The guy I’m talking about flew players in on his private jet and offered NIL deals and mentorship.