Class of 2024 - SF Cooper Flagg (ME) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SF Cooper Flagg (ME)

He’s more skilled than Labron. He’s a better shooter and plays better off the ball.
Maybe true, but this kid is going to have all sorts of pressure on him going forward wherever he ends up. Hopefully he’s a Knicks fan.

This kid playing in college would be a waste of time. He’s the best American prospect since Lebron.

Yep would be an absolute waste to go to college. Let those squads chase him down and we focus on landing our top targets

Outside of just experience, continuously getting a little better and aging/getting stronger this kid has very little in terms of weaknesses. The bball iq on both ends is astounding. He already is extremely smart with avoiding fouls when blocking shots to go with the shot and ball fakes and vision and just wow.

Outside of just experience, continuously getting a little better and aging/getting stronger this kid has very little in terms of weaknesses. The bball iq on both ends is astounding. He already is extremely smart with avoiding fouls when blocking shots to go with the shot and ball fakes and vision and just wow.
Brian Scalabrine has worked with him and had him play in his pick up games in Boston since Cooper was in 8th grade. These games have a variety of players from college, NBA and ex NBA. According to Scalabrine he more than held his own and even dominated at times. As a 14 year old.

Watching Flagg, I'm forced to remind myself that he's playing against high level recruits in the most prestigious tournaments, not against his local CYO league.

He's an amazing talent.
I was at that game. Connor Flag played great through steady double and often triple teamed. Trouble was he had teammates that were opened and that constantly lost the pass or missed the open shot. The double over-time win could have been won in regulation time if some of the open shots were made. The New Hampshire Lightning played tough but often a little too much hands on Conor.

Conor made some outstanding shots including a monster dunk and a three From the top of the key as time was running out in regulation. Definitely a good game for Conor Who is an impressive player.

I was at that game. Connor Flag played great through steady double and often triple teamed. Trouble was he had teammates that were opened and that constantly lost the pass or missed the open shot. The double over-time win could have been won in regulation time if some of the open shots were made. The New Hampshire Lightning played tough but often a little too much hands on Conor.

Conor made some outstanding shots including a monster dunk and a three From the top of the key as time was running out in regulation. Definitely a good game for Conor Who is an impressive player.

So is Conor his super secret twin we are recruiting? ;)

Dear Adam: Screw the chancellor. $5M for 2 years. The kid should go to the highest bidder in Europe until he can be drafted.
I wonder if he would have gone all out for Flagg.

This kid would be stupid to go somewhere like Duke. He can blaze his own path and carry any basketball team. It would be a waste to see him go to a team with other high four and 5 star high school players who also want the ball. Go be Steph Curry or Larry Bird.

This kid would be stupid to go somewhere like Duke. He can blaze his own path and carry any basketball team. It would be a waste to see him go to a team with other high four and 5 star high school players who also want the ball. Go be Steph Curry or Larry Bird.
Stupid to go to Duke? Really?

There has been a lot of people pushing the hypothetical Flagg brothers playing at Maine with Carlos Boozers twins for one year, then a couple go pro and the other two transfer to P5

The Boozer boys/Nightrydas beat the Flagg twins/Maine United in the Peach Jam final today. The 6'9 Boozer kid, Cameron, is number one in his class and is very good around the basket and solid defensively. Cooper Flagg at 6'8 is ranked 2nd in the class but by far is much more skilled offensively and not too far behind Boozer defensively. Because of Cooper's skill set, and point forward skills, I can see him being the much better pro. Cam does not have that "special" talent that I see in Cooper but is more like a lot of the "man among boys" type of player who dominate at this age due to size, strength and athleticism (which makes him a better player than most on defense and allows him to bully inside around the basket). Still early though for Cam to diversify and build his offensive game so that he can stand out when other bigs catch up physically.

Last edited:
There has been a lot of people pushing the hypothetical Flagg brothers playing at Maine with Carlos Boozers twins for one year, then a couple go pro and the other two transfer to P5
I wasn’t that impressed with Cameron Boozer. His lower ranked brother looks the real deal at PG.

A complete waste. He can go anywhere and be the first pick in the draft. That’s the easy out. Go carry some dudes.
Disagree. Why not play every other game on ESPN primetime, get exposure, land deals, get top NIL money, have a good shot at a natty.. Sounds better than carrying some dudes and getting seen for a couple tournament games.

Disagree. Why not play every other game on ESPN primetime, get exposure, land deals, get top NIL money, have a good shot at a natty.. Sounds better than carrying some dudes and getting seen for a couple tournament games.
He will have a shot at that anywhere he goes.