Class of 2022 - SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
People forget why Lands said why he selected Cuse:
It was his favorite college team growing up

Melo was his older brother’s favorite player which got him started watching Cuse so much

he recognized all the great forwards we had and liked the way we developed these players

he has a great relationship with our coaches

he sees our style as a Pettit fit for him

he said he knew what he wanted and wanted to make an early decision so the recruiting distraction would be gone and he could concentrate on developing his game

he’s definitely coming and everyone should relax

okay back to the pool for burgers

Melo was his older brother’s favorite player which got him started watching Cuse so much

he recognized all the great forwards we had and liked the way we developed these players

he said he knew what he wanted and wanted to make an early decision so the recruiting distraction would be gone and he could concentrate on developing his game

people said similar things about Dior

Nice post

Chicken little fans! Toughen up buttercups
Not responding to you specifically jordoo...

Just wondering out loud why it always has to be so black or white for many here? It is likely easier to characterize posters as either Chicken Little fans or Unicorns and Butterflies. There is a lot of nuanced ground between those two extremes where most of the recruiting stories typically fall.

Several of our most connected posters reported that Lands' commitment caught the staff completely off guard. And, of course, he hasn't visited yet. There is no question that Lands' recruitment has been unusual by SU standards. To be absolutely sure about the outcome either way is the issue for me. Given the choice, I would much prefer to have his verbal commitment and hope for the best. It also seems reasonable to wonder how this story will play out without being a Chicken Little.

Not responding to you specifically jordoo...

Just wondering out loud why it always has to be so black or white for many here? It is likely easier to characterize posters as either Chicken Little fans or Unicorns and Butterflies. There is a lot of nuanced ground between those two extremes where most of the recruiting stories typically fall.

Several of our most connected posters reported that Lands' commitment caught the staff completely off guard. And, of course, he hasn't visited yet. There is no question that Lands' recruitment has been unusual by SU standards. To be absolutely sure about the outcome either way is the issue for me. Given the choice, I would much prefer to have his verbal commitment and hope for the best. It also seems reasonable to wonder how this story will play out without being a Chicken Little.

No one has to be a chicken little fan it’s their choice, lol. Seriously though IMO fear, worry and doubt are the bane of serene human life. I just don’t enjoy seeing people chose to experience things through those lenses. I can be a very reasonable level headed fan but when the game starts I chose to believe SU will win and participate in the magic feeling that was fostered as a young kid. Yes it was devastating as a 10 year old when he that shall not be named hit that jumper and we lost the NC. However 03 was that much sweeter because of it. To me it’s about the whole journey as a fan and I chose to embrace and enjoy it while also knowing that the next irreplaceable high point is coming. I’m not going to worry about a kids commitment, especially when he is going to a prep school to improve, he’s never been involved in recruiting drama and his own words about SU are decisive. I’m not going to mentally feed the fires

jordoo, I appreciate this approach and know many SU fans could use a dose of “lighten up” but I also feel that given the landscape of basketball now and the circumstances of this commitment, you’d have to be delusional to think there any better than 50/50 odds that Lands ever suits up for Syracuse. That is not a prediction. And I’m not losing sleep over it. Just is what it is.

jordoo, I appreciate this approach and know many SU fans could use a dose of “lighten up” but I also feel that given the landscape of basketball now and the circumstances of this commitment, you’d have to be delusional to think there any better than 50/50 odds that Lands ever suits up for Syracuse. That is not a prediction. And I’m not losing sleep over it. Just is what it is.
Well stated. I’m not losing sleep about whether or not Lands makes it to campus. I just don’t think it’s particularly likely.

Landing Lands is or will be a fortuitous event, Starling would be startling if by chance he chose the Cuse.

A lot of the same posters said the same about Benny.

Are we supposed to moan about losing a recruit we haven’t lost?

Bad enough we can’t discuss anything on the main board anymore without the PG position coming up.

Last edited:
Folks these are teenagers we are talking about, so anyone believing a verbal equals a guarantee probably should adjust their thinking because all or none of them could change their minds between now and signing. It is what it is. That said it's one thing to question probability and another to say "why can't we have nice things " or "there is no way he comes here". That's just a bit over the top. No need to be dramatic. Recruiting is what it is...you win some and you lose some.

A lot of the same posters said the same about Benny.

Are we supposed to moan about losing a recruit we haven’t lost?

Bad enough we can’t discuss anything on the main board anymore without the PG position coming up.
Benny visited in the late summer of 2019 before verbally committing in the summer of 2020 and signing in the fall. Not a great comparison.

and where are you getting that?
There is always uncertainty with recruits and higher uncertainty for those who commit without visiting. This is about probability.

I think Lands commitment is solid...the only difference now then previous years is how much money is being thrown around from G league/Overtime Elite/Overseas options lately for some of these kids. Not really worried about it but its definitely a possibility now with any of these kids we recruit...is what it is and we'll move on if it happens. Let's get him on a visit (preferably soon so he can enjoy decent weather :) ) and I'm sure everyone will feel a bit better about it. His recruitment was one of the strangest commitments due to it being in the middle of the pandemic and kinda coming outta nowhere so it makes sense people are a bit skeptical.

Cant wait to see Benny and Lands as our forwards with Cope at PG and Frankie manning the middle.
If Benny returns…

I think he does but I have heard differently on this board.

Don’t forget about Joe & Swider. Need experience too. They may not be elite but they can serve a legitimate purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom